Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Garage 2002-2009 » Fuel Filter

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Fuel Filter
Teamfour Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDCR
Car #: 04
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anything special I need to know when replacing the filter as far as brand goes. Will a Purolator work as well as Mazda?

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Brimtek Motorsports/ Team Four Racing
Team Four Racing

taylorf Verified Driver

Region: Houston
Car #: 51
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for taylorf     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Change the fuel filter when the gas tank is empty! [Razz]

Aftermarket should work just fine.

--------------------
Taylor Ferranti

MPR22

Region: Southwest
Car #: 22
Year : 92'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for MPR22     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

have a golf tee handy to plug the line when you pull the filter, full or empty.

--------------------
Michael Ross

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If you use a golf tee, use a thick one. The skinny tees I golf with pop right out of the fuel line.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Jeff Longo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NER
Car #: 46
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Longo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Small vise-grips work for those of us who don't play golf.

--------------------
LTD Racing
Chief Of Inappropriate Comments

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have always used a #2 pencil.

--------------------
Paul McLester

Sphinx Verified Driver
M. Yusuf Mohamed

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sphinx     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That's the easy part! Getting the f@#$ing fuel lines off the fittings was one of the most time consuming, PITA, jobs I've ever done. Changing a clutch out is easier.

Probably some easy trick to it, but damn if I knew it. Pulling on the rubber hoses doesn't work. you have to "push" them off the fittings.

My entire body was sore the next day from wrestling with it. You'd think I'd ran a marathon.

--------------------
Sphinx Racing
Atlanta Region
http://www.sphinxracing.com
http://www.layersdesserts.com
Support our racing efforts by shopping at your favorite online merchants at SphinxRacing.com!

CP Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 7
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I couldn't find my little circular plastic tools for this job last week so I used a pair of needlenose pliers to push in the two little tabs and the filter came right off the lines no problem. I put my fluid catchcan underneath when disconnecting the lines. Took about 30 seconds to get the old filter off and the new one on.

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: