Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Garage 2002-2009 » Shock collar wrench

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Shock collar wrench
UCFBrett

Region: NASA SoCal
Car #: 255
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for UCFBrett   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Does anyone know where I can buy a shock collar wrench for the spec Bilstein/Eibach setup?

davew Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: chicago
Car #: 72 and ?
Year : 90 and 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for davew   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

yes, see below

--------------------
Advanced Autosports, The Midwests leader in Spec Miata Service, Parts and Rentals
608-313-1230
Authorised Spec Miata service center
www.advanced-autosports.com

Mike C Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: WDCR - 042
Car #: 75
Year : 93 & 95 & 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike C   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by UCFBrett:
Does anyone know where I can buy a shock collar wrench for the spec Bilstein/Eibach setup?

I have two of them. Can't get rid of them. They are permanently attached to the ends of my arms. [Wink]

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
http://www.SHEETZ.com
The MEATHEAD Racing 2010 Calendar is up!!!!
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member
WDCR-SCCA SM Drivers Rep.
ALL OPINIONS ON RULES OR SPECIFICATIONS ARE JUST THAT, MY OPINIONS!

Glenn Verified Driver

Region: CCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Really if you need a wrench you havent been cleaning up after the off track incidents [Big Grin]

If there is too much spring tension, have someone stand on the wheel and take the pressure off the spring, also make sure both sides of the car are in the air IF the sway bar is hooked up

--------------------
Glenn
Crew chief Meathead Racing, NE Region Sales Division Race Engineering, The GOLD standard in SM engines, Occasional race slave for OPM Autosports

UCFBrett

Region: NASA SoCal
Car #: 255
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for UCFBrett   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Buttonwillow dust. Yeeccchhhh.

Yeah, I don't think my wife or kids would feel safe standing on the wheel. I think I'll check out the Advanced site. Thanks all.

CP Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 7
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

FWIW, I hit the tops of all my collars with a wire brush after every race weekend to clean out the sand and then spray some WD40 down into the threads so they can be easily turned if needed.

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

Glenn Verified Driver

Region: CCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

TRy brake clean it does not attract the dirt that WD does.

--------------------
Glenn
Crew chief Meathead Racing, NE Region Sales Division Race Engineering, The GOLD standard in SM engines, Occasional race slave for OPM Autosports

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by UCFBrett:

Hmmm. Shock collar wrench ... Now would this be used to keep a SM'r from wandering too far away from his garage? And do you have to put the little white flags in the yard to mark the buried wire?
Rick

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Damn, Rick, I thought the same thing, but didn't have the nerve to post it. LOL

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It's the kind that when you are following him into turn 1 you just push the button and he moves over and lets you by while he's trying to gather himself back together.

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Charlie:
Please tell me where I can get one of those so I can buy one for a couple of ITA drivers I often get a chance to follow as they park it in various turns! I wonder if they come in colors to match thier cars?
Rick

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: