Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Garage 2002-2009 » Front tow hooks

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Front tow hooks
bwarden Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 66
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for bwarden     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Checking my pre-tech list twice, I cannot find anything that looks like a tie down under the front of my 92. Assunimg I've not lost my head, where would the original tie dows/tow hooks have been mounted, and has anyone had to fabricate replacements?

Thanks,

--------------------
Bill

Kevin Morrison Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: CFR
Car #: 89
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kevin Morrison   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

They're mounted right in the mouth of the car, one on either side.
Never had to fabricate any, as I usually have at least one set lying around that I removed from my street car(s). Most Miata folk remove them. Maybe someone can donate a pair to you. The rules don't say we can remove them, so I guess we can't. I use mine to tie down to the trailer anyway.

Kevin

Henry Payne Verified Driver

Region: CCR & SCR
Car #: SM 2 & 93, FP 4
Year : 1990 & 1992 & 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Henry Payne     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I would suggest the stock "tie downs" are required to be on a SM. They are quite heavy - which is why a lot are gone from street Miatas - but, as Kevin said, they also make excellent tie down points when the car is on the trailer because thats what they were made for

hp

--------------------
HPMotors
Williamston, SC

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: