Spec Miata Community Post New Topic  Post A Reply
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Virtual Swap Meet » Swap Meet - Let's Get It Started!

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Swap Meet - Let's Get It Started!
Casey Z Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: MidDiv
Car #: 13
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Casey Z     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Okay guys it is time to get the Swap Meet Forum kicked off! The intent of the forum is to be a resource for racers to help each other out. We all have "extra" stuff and spares kicking around the shop that we aren't using and may never use. This is the place to get rid of those "extra" parts. Also, if you are in need of something and think one of your fellow racers might just have it laying around, this is the place to ask.

To help keep things organized and to keep the local flavor I would like to build threads around geographies. The NW guys have a good thing going and I think it is a good model to run with. What I need from you is an idea of what regional threads should be open? An example would be should we have a WDC thread or an NER thread? I don't know, but I am sure the local racers do. Please post here with your suggestions and I will open up the threads and keep things organized. You can also PM if you like.

One final note. We have a bit of leeway to get this thing off the ground. Therefore, don't let the "must be a donating member to post" thing throw you. Anyone can look at what is available and contact people by PM. If you are not a donating member but you have some stuff you think other local guys could use, PM me and I will post it for you. If you sell it, you can always make a donation later as a way of saying thanks! We are just going to try this out, use or best judgement and see what happens.

Look forward to hearing from you. This is YOUR forum, let's make it work for you and your fellow racers.

Thanks,

Casey

--------------------
----------------
Z Brothers Racing / East Street Auto

Casey Z - 1.6 Kettle
MidDiv National #13

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Casey Z     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Suggestions from Don (smtejas), opinions?

- Cut California in half: North & South.

- Cut East Coast in half: North & South
(although there is some crossover midway in NC/DC area.)

- Florida could have it's own area or overlap with Florida/Atlanta, (could also include Alabama).

- Texas/Oklahoma/Louisiana would work. Races overlap with NASA, SCCA & (COMA ).
Coma region may have a hard time filling out shipping documents (so you might want a help section specifically for them)

Midwest (don't know how to slice that pie up, or if it needs to be sliced. Need help.)

Memphis/Topeka MAM area

Colorado Region/Utah/AZ

That's just throwing out some general ideas.

--------------------
----------------

Casey Z - 1.6 Kettle
MidDiv National #13

Jim Daniels

Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

All are good ideas!

As a reminder, if you want to buy anything make sure you post that request in the classified section. FAR more folks (thousands) visit the site than there are posts. It is free and I'm sure some of our members or venders will contact you with the part you need.

Thanks Casey!

MegaModerator

As an edit, Don was just making fun of me and the COMMA guys. We can take a joke as I told him. All in good fun! Personally I always have my wife ship stuff. Fedex is a mystery to me!

As JD said, want to buy is free in the classifieds, use it as much as you like!

Anyone want to slice up the country in a different way? Lance wanted to try to drop Cali into the ocean but I vetoed that...

--------------------
----------------

Casey Z - 1.6 Kettle
MidDiv National #13

MegaModerator

Okay guys, regional swap meet threads are now open. Hope they make sense. I figure you guys will know where it makes sense to post. If I have screwed something up badly or we need to add a sub thread, let me know.

Enjoy.

--------------------
----------------

Casey Z - 1.6 Kettle
MidDiv National #13

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What about selling people? Can we do that?

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by Lance Snyder:
What about selling people? Can we do that?

Of course selling people is verboten. However selling drivers isn't. We all know most drivers aren't really people...

BTW, all driver sales are by the pound. Have anyone in mind? [Wink]

--------------------
----------------

Casey Z - 1.6 Kettle
MidDiv National #13

Administrator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Danggggggg, I can't drop Cali into the ocean, I can't sell people.... you guys are really killing my buzz.

Hmmm, who would buy Drago?

--------------------

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by Lance Snyder:
Hmmm, who would buy Drago?

Are you kidding? My tire budget would be killed buying all the cheese burgers. [Big Grin]

--------------------
----------------

Casey Z - 1.6 Kettle
MidDiv National #13

Administrator

Hmmm, would it help if I threw in Long for 1/2 price?

--------------------

Quick Reply
Icon 1
  Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7  
  Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14  
  Icon 15     Icon 16     Icon 17     Icon 18     Icon 19     Icon 20     Icon 23  
  Icon 24     Icon 25     Icon 26     Icon 27      

HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Upload File Form

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: