Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Rules & Competition » SM Compliance Fee

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: SM Compliance Fee
Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I heard today from fairly reliable sources, that the SM Compliance Fee is going away. [yep] Has anyone else heard this, or does everyone know this and I've just been out of the loop?

Jerry

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

NER88 Verified Driver

Region: ner
Car #: 88
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for NER88     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That's correct it's gone!
We got the word at the Nediv Mini Con. last weekend.

--------------------
Jerry

FastM3 Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 38
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for FastM3     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Wow

Now I can start having supper on race weekends.

--------------------
Phil
Silver 38 SM/ITA

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It is due to sunset at the end of this year. As of now the BOD have not decided to renew the compliance fee.

--------------------
Paul McLester

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: 5
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good.

spdmonkey Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 08
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for spdmonkey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jerry,
Give up the source. You know you want to. Hell I had lunch with him yesterday. Ok I will then.
The SCCA Prez himself confirmed what our Division BoD member said at the Division Roundtable. As I asked last year at the convention the fee is gone.

db

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

No secret on sources. Robin Langotz the Region 3 BOD told me last month that the board would not address renewing the compliance fee before it goes away. Some of the reasons include the fact that the equipment was purchased for the divisions and the division personnel were trained and the fact that some regions weren't charging the fee for SSM.

--------------------
Paul McLester

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: