Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Rules & Competition » Dec. Fastrack

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Dec. Fastrack
fastbrewer

Region: Utah
Car #: 93
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fastbrewer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

http://scca.com/documents/Fastrack/09/12/09-fastrack-dec.pdf

Looks like the SM compliance fee is now eliminated? (Page 5)

Also the new engine rules are published for review. (starting on page 37)
They look pretty clear cut to me, but since I make beer for a living and am not a machinist I won't really know [tipsy]
I have to rely on those more knowledgeable than I, and it looks like you've all done well. I hope it gets approved and all things are pointing to a closer to spec class.

Thanks to those of you who volunteer your time!
-Jon

Chris Windsor Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
windsorcustoms.com

Region: WDCR,
Car #: 38
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Windsor   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Item 9. Effective 1/1/10: Change section 9.3.31 as follows:
Exposed glass headlights shall be taped. Rear brake lights may be taped with transparent tape. Turn signals, front parking lights,
backup lamps, and side marker lights may be taped or painted

Whoo hoo [thumbsup]

--------------------
2011 Season schedule coming soon
Support, sales, repair or rental
windsorcustoms.com

Mike C Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: WDCR - 042
Car #: 75
Year : 93 & 95 & 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike C   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We try!

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
http://www.SHEETZ.com
The MEATHEAD Racing 2010 Calendar is up!!!!
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member
WDCR-SCCA SM Drivers Rep.
ALL OPINIONS ON RULES OR SPECIFICATIONS ARE JUST THAT, MY OPINIONS!

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If you were going to change the rule to no longer follow showroom stock, why not just remove glass headlights and side lights?

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike C   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by soupy:
If you were going to change the rule to no longer follow showroom stock, why not just remove glass headlights and side lights?

Charlie, sometimes I think you post just to see yourself post. Do you really have any clue.

The rule is not SM specific.

I along with several others talked about this at the Runoffs. Paint and graphics cover portions of the taillights on many cars. The only part that CANNOT be covered is the brake light part.

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Before I write a stupid letter or go back through all the Fastracks this year, is the removal of the AC pump going to be covered in a different portion of the rules than the engine cooling section? Seems to me the rules are more explicit than ever about not removing or modifying stuff that's not listed or is there an actual intent that you can reconfigure your car as a base model?

Window motors are covered in door gutting. PS is listed. Any stock mirror is listed. Any other option I can think of is listed except AC. Sure it's easy to hide and nobody would care but why not just keep it in there since some people get really nit picky.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Tyler Dahl Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: Utah
Car #: 70
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tyler Dahl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

e. The factory air conditioning systems may be removed. Items
that serve a dual purpose, such as the alternator/air conditioning
compressor bracket, may not be substituted.

Pretty Straight forward

--------------------
Tyler Dahl
Race Engineering
Miatacage.com
Carbotech

Pack Fodder

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My bad. e. was under section 2. Cooling System which was separate from Section 1. Engine Modifications.

Now Cooling System is also in subsection o. which is part of Section 1. They're not replacing sections 1 and 2 with the new Section 1 so cooling System is going to be listed twice??? [boggled]

(edit: Maybe I'll write a different stupid letter. Delete the original Section 2 dedicated to the cooling system so the rules aren't listed twice but different in both places.)

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Ara Verified Driver Series Champ
MX-5 CUP and SM Peddler

Region: SFR
Car #: 11,33
Year : 99,90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ara   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Horn?

--------------------
www.alararacing.com

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You're right Mike. I didn't, don't and never will have a clue, about a lot of things. That way I don't have to worry about living up to too high of standards and then disappointing anyone.

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by soupy:
You're right Mike. I didn't, don't and never will have a clue, about a lot of things. That way I don't have to worry about living up to too high of standards and then disappointing anyone.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member

Ara Verified Driver Series Champ
MX-5 CUP and SM Peddler

Car #: 11,33
Year : 99,90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ara   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Seriously. Horn?

--------------------
www.alararacing.com

Pack Fodder

I left my horn in. There's no button for it but then again I left a lot of stuff in that I noticed nobody else has because I didn't think it was legal to remove.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: 5
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'd really like to remove my horn. Any weight possible at this point !!

Mark McCallister Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just graduated from novice to rookie!!

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 40
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark McCallister     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sitting on grid once, I saw an SSB Miata driver SAVED by his horn. SSB, SSC, T3, etc., were going out first for a split start, and the grid worker just saw another Miata and skipped over him thinking it was another SM...he laid on the horn and got the grid worker's attention before he got skipped completely....he would have been an unhappy camper starting a half lap down with the SM's.

Johnny D Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Hot Member

Car #: 88 SM
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Johnny D     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

This guy didn't have a horn.
http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play?p=i+was+sevent...1&tnr=21&vid=000164127380

Randy Thieme

Region: Oregon
Car #: 51
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Randy Thieme     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Before converting my car to SM it had an aftermarket horn that made it sound like a Ferrari. It was heavy and mounted near where the factory horn sits, which means up high and in front of the front axle. About as much of a disadvantage as a horn could get yet still technically illegal.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: