Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Rules & Competition » 3 Digit numbers

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: 3 Digit numbers
BrianW

Region: SW
Car #: 59
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for BrianW     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I need some help interpreting this GCR:

"Numbers shall be no more than 2 digits, and shall meet the approval of the Chief of Timing and Scoring. 3 digit numbers may be used when individually approved in advance by the Chief of Timing and Scoring"

This seems like they discourage 3 digit numbers, but I checked the results for my local region and there seem to be a fair number of cars with 3 digit numbers. Is this a big deal? I was mainly going to use a 3 digit number because I figured the chance of having a duplicate was pretty remote.

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

NASA permits 3 digit numbers / SCCA typically does not.

George Munson Verified Driver

Region: 83
Car #: 127
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for George Munson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Check with the regions you race in. The Central Florida Region are fine with 3 digits as the car counts are large. I've been told some regions don't use 3 digits because their boards for black flagging only support 2 digits. My guess 2 digits are also easier to hand score.

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just make your number easily changeable. Keep both sides of the number open. Also check your division about their permanent numbering scheme.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

BrianW

Region: SW
Car #: 59
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for BrianW     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good point about NASA vs SCCA. When I saw the 3 digit numbers I was checking the NASA results. Once I looked at both the permanent number assignment as well as race results for SCCA it does appear that everyone is using a 2 digit.

Thanks

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: