Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Rules & Competition » brake cooling

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: brake cooling
spg993tt

Icon 1 posted  Profile for spg993tt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

While i'm not sure ive suffered overheating of my braking system, Im curious if ducting from the front spoiler/fender feeding air to the rotor.caliper is legal in the SM class?

i have always had brake cooling issues with my boxster, and am just curious if people suffer similar heating issues with the SM machines, and if so, is supplemental ducting via tubing, or via a fairing which funnels air to the brake system is legal.

i did a search but nothing came up.

thx in advance.

Mitch Taylor

Region: FLA
Car #: 97
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mitch Taylor     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Cooling issues are not usually an issue with most sm cars as most people learn not to use the brakes it slows the car too much.

But the cars do have a front spoiler option with brake ducts that are adequate to do the job.

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Adding ducting isn't legal. I've wondered if the brake shields help channel air to the rotors but everyone removes them and it doesn't seem to be an issue.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: