Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Rules & Competition » Sticker requirements

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Sticker requirements
d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I've searched the GCR and have found nothing that indicates TOYO stickers are required by the SCCA. I understand that if I want to receive contingencies from Toyo they're required, but since I mostly run regional only it's a moot point.

I'm currently cleaning up my car for next year and I'm removing all the freeloaders. No money, no sticky.

Casey Z Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: MidDiv
Car #: 13
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Casey Z     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That is my understanding as well. You only have to run them if you want to qualify for the contingency cash.

--------------------
----------------
Z Brothers Racing / East Street Auto

Casey Z - 1.6 Kettle
MidDiv National #13

TR6

Region: Southwest
Car #: 500
Year : 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TR6     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I always thought the purpose of the stickers on spec miatas were to cover the hickies in the paint. [Smile]

--------------------
Greg H.
2002 red Miata #500
Denton, Texas

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Denny,

I guess that means your car will only have the required sanctioning body stickers and the "Mad Brew" one.

Jerry

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
and the "Mad Brew" one
Never touch the stuff, I need all the brain cells I can muster on track.

Frank Todaro

Region: Ohio Valley Region
Car #: 35
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Frank Todaro     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am building my first SM. can anyone point me to or provide a link as to the requirements for numbers, stickers and the rest and any requirements relating to decals in general?

--------------------
Frank
Member: No Pain Racing

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Frank you need to look in the GCR for the SCCA reqts. If you do not have one you can go to SCCA.com, club racing, and download the GCR. Section 9.3.29. IDENTIFICATION MARKINGS covers the numbers, etc. In addition you will need an E sticker where your fire extinguisher (handheld) or where your fire sysytem handle is located in the car i.e. on the passenger door if your handheld fire ext is mounted on the passenger floor. You will also need a lightning bolt sticker where your elec cut-off switch is located. In addition to your numbers, E, elec, you will need an SCCA Club Racing sticker on the front and rear and any stickers required by the series you run i.e. SARRC, ECR, etc.

Mazdaspeed sells a complete Mazdaspeed/Mazda sticker pkg in a variety of colors. I don't put on any other stickers unless they give me money or parts.

--------------------
Paul McLester

Frank Todaro

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Frank Todaro     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Paul, I have built the car in 5 weeks but I will not race till next year of course. I will be running with NASA mostly. Will go get the SCCA regs and work on it over the winter. Can't wait.

--------------------
Frank

htron435 Made Donation to Website

Region: NASA GLD
Car #: 113
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for htron435   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Frank-
Go to nasagreatlakes.com and follow the links to read or print the CCR (NASA's version of the GCR). Should answer many of your questions. Buy your required Mazda stuff from Mazdaspeed. By the way, it was good meeting you last weekend. I'll look forward to seeing you at the track next year.

--------------------
Jay
Car Dealer
ATC/Motiv Trailer Dealer
http://www.jaynorthauto.com

Frank Todaro

Thanks Jay it was good meeting you, will look forward to seeing you at the track and the free advice.

--------------------
Frank

ChrisA

Icon 1 posted  Profile for ChrisA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Frank Todaro:
I am building my first SM. can anyone point me to or provide a link as to the requirements for numbers, stickers and the rest and any requirements relating to decals in general?

Frank, I hope you're not painting your car pink also... Ones enough. [Big Grin] Hope you guys will be making it back to VIR sometime next year. I'll be planning something for Mid-O.

--------------------
Chris

"Nothing can be simple. Everything's got to be a pain in the ass." - C. Adams

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: