Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Showroom Spec Miata » SSM Plugs and Plug Wires

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: SSM Plugs and Plug Wires
racrdug

Region: Midsouth
Car #: 12
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for racrdug     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey guys i am trying to get the car put together last second and I am looking for legal plugs and plug wires. Where is the easiest place to find them. Doesn't look like autozone or napa carries them. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

--------------------
Doug Ford
1990 #12 Orange/Black/White
2006 Harley Fatboy (my other toy)

(Just getting back in the game after 5 years off)

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If it is last minute...from the dealer. Ask them for a mazda racer discount....my local dealer gives me 15% off. Mazdaspeed is the best place if you have a week or so to get them.

--------------------
Paul McLester

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Oops, I should read closer - SSM question - never mind

Chris70 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NER
Car #: 17-7-70
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris70   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Napa has the plugs

--------------------
"Talent is often perseverance in disguise"

Connie 62 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC
Car #: 11
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Connie 62     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

SSM rules generally reflect an attempt to cut excessive costs. The stock NGK plugs, and stock or Taylor wires are available from MazdaSpeed and are good quality parts at reasonable prices. MazdaSpeed support for our racing is exceptional and in almost all cases you will find they are the low cost provider.

Everyone should make note that for SSM in 2010 (in the NorthEast Division) the only plug acceptable will be the NGK BKR 6E11 for the 1.6L and the NGK BKR 5E11 for the 1.8L. Only the stock blue NGK plug wires or the Taylor wires may be used in SSM in 2010.

--------------------
Jim Thill
#11 SSM
#3 ITA
Thrillz Racing

breathesfire Verified Driver
flirting with disaster

Region: South Jersey
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for breathesfire     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi Doug,
I bought the spec NGK plugs from Pep Boys. They couldn't locate them by the NGK part number, but they did based on a make/model/plug brand search.

If you're in a hurry for wires, the dealers don't milk you too bad for them.

Pete Maerz

racrdug

Region: Midsouth
Car #: 12
Icon 1 posted  Profile for racrdug     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

So far I have been able to find the plugs for $2.09 a piece a napa dealer wanted $5 each per plug. Still looking for wires...Dealer says they have wires for $57. Still would appreciate any help.

thanks so far

look farward to seeing any of you guys at ARRC

--------------------
Doug Ford
1990 #12 Orange/Black/White
2006 Harley Fatboy (my other toy)

(Just getting back in the game after 5 years off)

JaGsC5

Region: NE
Car #: 25
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JaGsC5     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by racrdug:
So far I have been able to find the plugs for $2.09 a piece a napa dealer wanted $5 each per plug. Still looking for wires...Dealer says they have wires for $57. Still would appreciate any help.

thanks so far

look farward to seeing any of you guys at ARRC

I just bought a set of Taylor wires from Mazda Motorsports.
http://www.mazdamotorsports.com/specmiataparts.htm

If you're not registered with them yet it only takes but a moment to be approved providing you meet all the requirements. Great discounts. The wires arrived at my house in a couple of days.

--------------------
Gary Shenk
JaG Motorsports #25

mghenwood

Region: Northeast
Car #: 58
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mghenwood     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Question, I was just looking on the Mazdaspeed website and they also have an NGK plug, part number 000-10-BKR7, which says its a colder heat range plug for showroom stock. What is the deal with these, and are they legal in the MARRS series? I got the Taylor plugs and stock NGK plugs as well just in case.

Richard Pressman Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: WDC
Car #: 87
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Richard Pressman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by mghenwood:
Question, I was just looking on the Mazdaspeed website and they also have an NGK plug, part number 000-10-BKR7, which says its a colder heat range plug for showroom stock. What is the deal with these, and are they legal in the MARRS series? I got the Taylor plugs and stock NGK plugs as well just in case.

Re-read post #5 above

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: