Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Data Acquisition » WELCOME TRAQMATE

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: WELCOME TRAQMATE
J.D.

Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I wanted to welcome Glenn Stephens and the folks at Traqmate to their new forum. Data is very much a need in our sport and I could think of no one better to have a Data forum for the SM gang than Glenn. If he only provides the information I asked about, over and over, then the forum will be well worth it for all of us.

Glenn is new to forum moderating so go easy on him gang..... [Wink]

Let the questions begin!

Mike C Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: WDCR - 042
Car #: 75
Year : 93 & 95 & 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike C   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

MEATHEAD Racing uses Traqmate in all of our cars and offer it as a rental upgrade. We have been very pleased with the product and look forward to another great season. Team Member Tim Jacobs handles all of our Traqmate Data. Feel free to come by and see him in the MEATHEAD Racing paddock at any MARRS race for information.

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
http://www.SHEETZ.com
The MEATHEAD Racing 2010 Calendar is up!!!!
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member
WDCR-SCCA SM Drivers Rep.
ALL OPINIONS ON RULES OR SPECIFICATIONS ARE JUST THAT, MY OPINIONS!

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great to have you onboard Glenn, we'll let you get settled in and then the abuse will begin. [Big Grin]

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Glenn this is great news! I used my Traqmate system for the first time at Sebring in February using your data as a comparison and learned a lot. I still have a lot to learn, but it was awesome to look at the data and try to figure out what I was doing and why.

--------------------
Paul McLester

Mike888 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NJ
Car #: 12
Year : 1997
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike888   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hello Glenn and welcome. In your estimation, how long before traqmate will offer a download of individual tracks, ie Watkins Glen, NJMP, so we can see the line we are diving in relation to the actual track width?

BTW-this product is awesome, and your tech support is second to none. I also found it very beneficial to have more experienced drivers analyze my data for me in addition to my own assessment. Keep up the great work.

SamBarnett Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NASA MA / SCCA CCR
Car #: 6
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SamBarnett   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Awesome Glenn!!! Traqmate rocks!

--------------------
Race Engineering - Championship Winning Engines
Carbotech Performance Brakes
CDOC

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great new section [thumbsup]

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Glenn
you have to post the pics of the "traqmates"!

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Gearhead Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 41
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gearhead   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sorry to be so late to the party. Thanks to J.D. for letting us participate in this section. I am really looking forward to it.

I will do my best to answer questions and participate in discussions here promptly and without bias.

--------------------
Glenn Stephens // Team Traqmate // SM 41 // http://traqmate.com

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gearhead   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

To answer the question earlier in this thread, based on our customer input (and our own usage since many of us at Traqmate are racers) we are working on 'Track Profiles' that will allow users to get more information about track topology, start/finish lines, and perhaps some user-added capabilities.

I don't really want to turn this into a 'What's new with Traqmate', but I will if necessary!!

--------------------

IPRESS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: MidDiv / SOWDIV
Car #: #39
Year : 99 LS1 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for IPRESS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Getting any closer to a dash type display as an add on? I know it is something that racers would want. I also know that cost is a tough deal on that also. Traqmate has a great rep as quality unit for $$$ spent. With so many miatas running the Traqmate it is on my list for next improvement for my car. I just wish my eyes were better for reading the numbers.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Mac Spikes
IPRESS Racing
MER
East Street Auto
SAFERACER
Hoosier
Carbotech
MotorSport Ranch
Cresson, Texas
"To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

LOREN WALLACE IS MY HERO!

While our display is quite readable for laptimes, we have had many requests for a more upmarket, larger display that could also serve as a dash. We will be addressing that at some point but nothing is imminent.

When we have an announcement, you will hear it here second. (traqmate.com will be first!)

--------------------

IPRESS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: MidDiv / SOWDIV
Car #: #39
Year : 99 LS1 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for IPRESS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Glen,
I didn't know if you guys had progressed on the idea since PRI. I was the one pushing for it while you were talking with Extra Heavy in the booth!

--------------------
Mac Spikes
IPRESS Racing
MER
East Street Auto
SAFERACER
Hoosier
Carbotech
MotorSport Ranch
Cresson, Texas
"To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

LOREN WALLACE IS MY HERO!

GROOTS

Region: NY
Car #: 48
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for GROOTS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Glenn

glad to see your on board. I bought my unit last year and think its great.

--------------------
JEFF GRUTER
SM #48
EXCELL MOTORSPORTS
PARAMOUNT TOOL & EQUIPTMENT http://www.ptetool.com/

Brian Ghidinelli Verified Driver
Moonwalker

Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Ghidinelli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Glenn - welcome! Care to comment on the accuracy of GPS for absolute position on track as discussed in an earlier post on another thread?

http://forum.specmiata.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/49/29.html#000027

In short, my concern is for people trying to use GPS data to determine if they are 1" or 12" off an apex could be quite misleading. My understanding is that _absolute_ accuracy for GPS is in the +/- 6-9' range without additional tricks (and expense). I understand relative position is very accurate but wondering if you could fill in the blanks on current GPS accuracy for questions like 'Is turning in 12" earlier better than 12" later?'

B(Kuch) Kucera 45 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NeOh
Car #: 45
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B(Kuch) Kucera 45   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Glenn,welcome!

I can tell you the first time using one was at the Runoffs this year and it was awesome and thanks for all your help setting it up for me.I will say as soon as I save enough money I will have one on my car.What I liked about it was you can see anywhere on the track if your slower or faster then the last lap while driving.The setup I have now you can only see your lap times at the end of the lap.I can see how your system can get your lap times down,it's like a extra push to be faster then your last lap.

Is there a way that you can setup to only show your time against your fastest lap and not your last lap?

Thanks again for the help at the Runoffs and it was fun racing with you
(GREAT PRODUCT)! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

"All my drinking buddies have a racing problem"

Todd Lamb Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champion 2009

Region: SE Div, Atlanta
Car #: EddieFur
Year : Party like it's ____
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Todd Lamb   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Highly recommend Traqmate - I've used Motec, AIM, Pi etc and Traqmate is the easiest install and most user friendly for a club racer.

As for accuracy, I haven't seen a DAQ GPS system yet that can pinpoint closer than a car width - but back to back same day it does a pretty good job of showing differences in lines. The best bet is to use Traqmate in combination with a video camera to really get a handle on driving evaluation.

--------------------
Mazdaspeed // SafeRacer // Traqmate // OPM Autosports // East Street Auto // Cobalt Friction
Racers Edge Motorsports Rolex GT RX-8 // i-MOTO Racing Conti Challenge MAZDASPEED3
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/toddspeed

fishguyaz

Region: AZ/SoPac
Car #: 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fishguyaz     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Todd Lamb:
Highly recommend Traqmate - I've used Motec, AIM, Pi etc and Traqmate is the easiest install and most user friendly for a club racer.

As for accuracy, I haven't seen a DAQ GPS system yet that can pinpoint closer than a car width - but back to back same day it does a pretty good job of showing differences in lines. The best bet is to use Traqmate in combination with a video camera to really get a handle on driving evaluation.

I have the traqmate with a chasecam sytem, using the traqmate to turn on/off the camera for me. the data is synchronized so when i watch my video, the data is displayed on the video as well.
its pretty simple to use.
nice product glenn!
nice tool to learn from, and show friends too.
josh pitt

[ 01-22-2010, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: fishguyaz ]

--------------------
Josh Pitt
AZ Region

Brian Ghidinelli Verified Driver
Moonwalker

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Ghidinelli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

@toddspeed - thanks, that was my understanding and I wanted to be sure I wasn't talking out my tailpipe. [butthead]

JIM DANIELS

Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Guys, might want to start a new topic on the subject. Hijacks sometimes don't get seen because the topic title has nothing do with the new discussion direction. Especially when there is a 10 month gap in posts.

-Bob-

Icon 1 posted  Profile for -Bob-     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If you have an accuracy question I might be able to answer if you PM. But...if you want to know why accuracy seems to have gone haywire last March 2009 ask the US Air Force.

Their offial resonse to problems with the current 30 satellite orbit...

"...described the response team’s approach as making a “fishbone diagram” of all potential failure mechanisms, and working through them methodically. We think we have identified the failure but it may be several more months before the analysis is complete, and the situation is fully resolved...."

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: