Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Data Acquisition » DL1 with DASH3

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: DL1 with DASH3
Scott Malbon Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Blue Ridge Region (103), SEDiv
Car #: 52
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scott Malbon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is there someone with a DL1 and DASH3 who could help me with lap timing?

Thanks,

Scott
SM #52 SEDiv

Kyle Freiheit

Region: NWR
Car #: #78 sorry Terrell
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kyle Freiheit     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Scott,

Wish I could help, but I am going through the same stuff right now with a Dash 1. Hope you don't mind and not intended as a hijack, but if someone has setup a DL1 with a Dash 1 for laptiming PM me. Thanks.

Kyle

kevin 22 Verified Driver

Region: NYR
Car #: 22
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for kevin 22     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You need to creata a .Lap File for the track, with a marker at the the start finish line.
and Save it on the Card.

--------------------
Kevin Anderson

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scott Malbon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have raised heck with the mfg. Got a response and will get some phone instruction as soon as I can arrange. I'll post what I learn.

I think the stuff is good, but not 'user friendly.' They need to hear from their customers. Send them an email.

Scott

AllardK3 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ

Region: Az
Car #: 13
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for AllardK3     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Scott,

A few of us have the DL1 with dash 3 combo's and really like the predictive lap timing feature. It is pretty easy once you understand the display.

Kevin is right about saving a lap file to the card as one way to set the times. The other is simply to configure your select button to be a lap marker, and press it as you drive by start finish on your first lap. The little booklet that comes with the dash three explains what the buttons do.

Let me know if you need any help.
Mike

--------------------
Mike Donick

Thanks Mike. I usually run the same tracks so I can mark laps at those. Pushing a button as I drive by S/F is a 'challenge' because I can't reach the unit when I'm buckled in. I have realized that I need to move the Dash3 so that I can reach the darn thing.

I'm going to put DL1/Dash3 in my street car to learn and practice. If I get stuck, I'll contact you.

Scott

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: