Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Data Acquisition » Aim installation questions

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Aim installation questions
misterwaterfallin

Region: Northwest
Car #: 07
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for misterwaterfallin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have a few simple installation questions. I just purchased a EVO4 from the fine folks over at vicotrylanedata and now its time to install it.
What lead to I use if I am using the yellow wire from the gauge cluster to get my RPM reading? I have 4-50 and 150-450v as well as out digit and LINE A K. Confussed? yes I am
Also, does it matter what channels I plug the sensors into on the EVO4 box itself? as far as the digital display out and my water temp reading in?
thanks for the help guys

--------------------
-Mathew Waterfall
Number 07 SM
Red/black/mud

38BFAST Verified Driver

Region: Waterford Hills
Car #: 38
Year : 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for 38BFAST     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am sure Ruth and Roger can help you out. There customer support is top notch.

--------------------
Ralph Provitz
2008 WHRRI SM Champion
2008 WHRRI Top 10 Overall
V2 Motorsports, Race support, Data Dude

Roger Caddell Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Victory Lane Data

Car #: #30
Year : 2007
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Roger Caddell   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mathew,

Yes, use the low voltage (4-50v) connection for connecting your RPM. The high voltage is not used in your application.

It does not matter which sensor goes to any analog channel, the assigning of which channels you wish to view on the display is done with the "System Manager" section of the Race Studio 2 software after your install.

Let me know if you have any other install or setup questions.

--------------------
Thanks!

Roger Caddell

Victory Lane Data - Your Aim Data Acquisition Connection!
Andrew Caddell - Personal Website!

misterwaterfallin

Icon 1 posted  Profile for misterwaterfallin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

one last question. on a miata where is an easy spot to tap in for the power?

--------------------
-Mathew Waterfall
Number 07 SM
Red/black/mud

JimEli Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NWR
Car #: 5
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JimEli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

1. cig lighter
2. diagnostic box
3. air bag connector under hood ontop left front fender

--------------------
UPR.com
Team LemonLappers

Gibscreen Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: NASA-SoCal
Car #: 23
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gibscreen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Roger,

What settings and parameters do you like to use for the oil pressure gauge you sell?

Thanks!

--------------------
Rob Gibson
RJ Racing
2010 NASA Nationals TTE Champion
2008/2009 WERC Champion
2007 NASA SoCal SM Champion
rjracing.net
Weekend-Racer.com

Roger Caddell Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Victory Lane Data

Car #: #30
Year : 2007
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Roger Caddell   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We use VDO sensors (0-30, 0-80, and 0-150psi) and you just need to select the one you have and send that config up to the gauge. They are in the standard sensor library.

--------------------
Thanks!

Roger Caddell

Victory Lane Data - Your Aim Data Acquisition Connection!
Andrew Caddell - Personal Website!

misterwaterfallin

now how do i get the display to show in mph instead of KPH? i think i have everything else down except this

--------------------
-Mathew Waterfall
Number 07 SM
Red/black/mud

cooleyjb

Region: NCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cooleyjb     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Pretty easy but not in the first place you look.

In RaceStudio you after you click on AIM sytem manager and select EVO4 you'll have the list of systems you have worked on (most likely just the one in the car.

To the right side there are the columns for speed and temp with km/h and C. Drop down menus will change them to what you want.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: