Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Data Acquisition » Traqmate Mounting ON tunnel

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Traqmate Mounting ON tunnel
JustXtreme

Car #: 12
Year : 1997
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JustXtreme   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hello all, i just moved my traqmate unit to the tunnel with with wires running up to the radio console, will the heat of the tunnel melt those wires or ruin my unit?

Teamfour Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDCR
Car #: 04
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I haven't had any issues with mine in that location. It is mounted at the very rear of the tunnel.

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Brimtek Motorsports/ Team Four Racing
Team Four Racing

fastbrewer

Region: Utah
Car #: 93
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fastbrewer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I never had any issues with heat when mine was mounted there.
I did however have problems with my elbow leaning on it in left hand turns and skewing my peak g's to 2.8-3!!

I moved mine to a bracket I made on the passenger floor.

Steve Sturm Verified Driver

Region: WDC
Car #: 90
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Sturm     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by fastbrewer:
I moved mine to a bracket I made on the passenger floor.

I was advised against doing that to minimize damage from pooled water. Mine's also on the tunnel and as far back as it can be... haven't hit it yet.

JustXtreme

Car #: 12
Year : 1997
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JustXtreme   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanx for the replies

George Munson Verified Driver

Region: 83
Car #: 127
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for George Munson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

JustXtreme,

To be on the safe side I glued some heat shield to the bottom of the sensor bracket and I put 1/4" spacers under that for a little air. I also have all my wires in loom, it makes a clean install.

George Munson

Teamfour Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDCR
Car #: 04
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

George, the spacer idea is excellent. Thanks!

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Brimtek Motorsports/ Team Four Racing
Team Four Racing

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: