Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Data Acquisition » Traqmate GPS cordinence for the NASA Nationals

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Traqmate GPS cordinence for the NASA Nationals
Jfornachon Verified Driver

Region: socal
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jfornachon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am letting someone use my Traqmate at the NASA Nationals. I like to get the s/f cordinence so I can st the unit up. Than you in advance for the help.

Have a great day,
Jared

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: #71
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EBudman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Smoke what? [Confused]

Vick Verified Driver
Do they sell spec training wheels?

Region: NYR
Car #: 12
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Vick     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Start finish coordinates? (Sp?)

--------------------
http://www.volko.com

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You don't need to set the start/finish coordinates. turn it on, Select record laps at track (a, b,c or name it in traqview) and then it will say acquiring and then press start at start/finish the first time.

Download the traqmate user manual.

--------------------
Paul McLester

Jeremy Pike

Region: SFR
Car #: 89
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeremy Pike     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You are at Latitude 40.583147, Longitude -112.376374

I believe this is correct. Got this off of WikiMapper Plus. It really is easier to have this data input rather than trying to remember to hit the button the first time out on a track you've never been to.

Copied---
If possible, use WikiMapper Plus, a free Firefox add-on for WikiMapia. Just place the crosshair over the desired location, and go to "Tools" -> "Coordinate info" for the coordinate tag!

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jfornachon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jeremy,

Thank you for the info. That is very helpfull. Like you said it is much easier to have the data setup before getting out there. Since this will be my friends first time using it and his first time there. I want it to be a simple as it can be.

Have a great day,
Jared

Jonlee

Region: Utah
Car #: 93
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jonlee     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll try and remember to upload some sessions from last weekends outer loop races to the Traqmate forums.
That way you can double check the S/F and he can have something to compare to.

The sessions are on another laptop that I usually only turn on during race weekends, but I'll try and get it on soon.

-Jon

--------------------
Utah Region SCCA, R.E.
Drinking team with a Racing problem

Jon,

Thank you. My friend is going to be driving an ai car but he may enjoy seeing the info.

Have a great day,
Jared

Anyone have any idea what the heading would be?

Have a great day,
Jared

Jonlee

Region: Utah
Car #: 93
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jonlee     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Data I have for the MMP outer loop is:
S. Lat. 40.583247
S. Long. -112.376323
S. Heading 270

Finish = n/a

I realized I needed to register for the forums at Traqmate and am waiting for a reply. Once I get that I'll upload some race info as an analysis file that can be overlayed with what I think are good segment breakdowns.

-Jon

--------------------
Utah Region SCCA, R.E.
Drinking team with a Racing problem

Thank you Joh.

Have a great day,
Jared

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: