Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Data Acquisition » TraqMate Laptop Requirments

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: TraqMate Laptop Requirments
darmstrong Verified Driver

Region: sediv
Car #: 66
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for darmstrong     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi,

I am purchasing a Traqmate from another racer, and was wondering what the laptop requirments were to run their software properly (processor, RAM,etc.). My son has a 4yr old Gateway he is getting rid of (not sure of the spec's), and just want to know if this will handle it, or if i need something a little more current.

Thanks,

Dave

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That will be more than adequate, unless you want to run the Traqstudio which incorporates the video (RaceCam or others). Then you might find the playback jerky. Traqmate data program doesnt require much processing power

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Unsafe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Team Saferacer

Region: Kansas City
Car #: 70
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Unsafe     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Danny is right. Also, nice to have a bang-around laptop to take to the track!

--------------------
Mike Asselta
http://www.saferacer.com

Nigel Stu Verified Driver

Region: Detroit
Car #: 66
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Nigel Stu   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Has anyone tried running TM or other DA software on a netbook yet? Aside from the smaller screens, do they have enough to run the programs(inc. the video integration)

It sure would be nice to have a minimal item to lug around....

--------------------
Ben Schaut
Schaut Speed Motorsports
GLDiv / WHRRI
#66 Blue/White/Black

Teamfour Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDCR
Car #: 04
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The main issue with netbooks is that they do not have CD/DVD drives to allow you to install software. You would need an add-on drive to install the software. I have also seen netbooks that don't even have a USB drive, so how would you get the data into the netbook? IMHO, a netbook is nothing more than a Blackberry with a large screen.

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Brimtek Motorsports/ Team Four Racing
Team Four Racing

TR6

Region: Southwest
Car #: 500
Year : 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TR6     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I run traqmate on a 5 year old beater laptop with a P4 processor, windows XP, and 1GB ram. It's old enough that I don't worry too much about the laptop "walking away" from the garage at the track. Traqmate software is not very resource hungry.

--------------------
Greg H.
2002 red Miata #500
Denton, Texas

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My wife has a new dell netbook and it runs traqmate very well. You don't need a cd/dvd drive because you download the software right from traqmate.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Has anyone tried running DAQ software for any of the systems out there on Windows 7. AIM doesn't mention 7 and I can't find OS information on the TraqMate site.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

-Bob-

Icon 1 posted  Profile for -Bob-     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Everything that I have tested on Windows 7 has worked. I ran through a couple '90s era apps that did though require Windows 7 to be set to XP compatability mode.

Let us know if there were any problems...

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I run Traqmate on Windows 7 64 bit with no issues other than the window frame is blacked out - this is being addressed. This does not appear in the 32bit version of W7

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: