Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Data Acquisition » AIM Software - Windows 7 Installation

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: AIM Software - Windows 7 Installation
seege Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NASA So Cal
Year : Thinking on that.... ok done 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for seege     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I installed the AIM Racestudio software on a machine with Windows 7 this weekend and couldn't get the USB driver to load(error message read "unknown operating system")... so no data connection. Anyone know if it's supported yet?

--------------------
-CJ Johnson

Eric Barbaric Verified Driver

Region: Kansas City
Car #: 95
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Eric Barbaric   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just got a Windows 7 machine yesterday and have the same question about Traqmate.

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It's working for me. I downloaded the latest from the AIM website a couple weeks ago and the driver installed just fine. I'm on a x64 Dell laptop.

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

Mark de Regt Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: NWR/Oregon; ICSCC
Car #: 70
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark de Regt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just did both the software and the firmware today, onto a Windows 7 machine. The software is a bit tricky in how it installs the driver onto a W-7 machine, so you have to follow the directions carefully. It puts a new icon on your desktop called "AIM USB-Driver 2008," which then installs the driver.

[ 03-17-2010, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Mark de Regt ]

Mark Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

CJ,

Are you using a 64 bit processor system? If so, did you download the latest version of Race Studio? You need a pretty recent release of Race Studio to get a USB driver that is 64 bit compatible. AIM hasn't supported 64 bit processors until just recently.

--------------------
Mark
http://www.ironcanyonmotorsports.com

PedalFaster Verified Driver

Region: Northwest
Car #: 86
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for PedalFaster     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Did you try right clicking the installer and running it in Windows XP compatibility mode?

--------------------
Stephen Hui - '95 SM #86, Northwest / Oregon Region SCCA

Icon 1 posted  Profile for seege     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mark de Regt:
I just did both the software and the hardware today, onto a Windows 7 machine. The software is a bit tricky in how it installs the driver onto a W-7 machine, so you have to follow the directions carefully. It puts a new icon on your desktop called "AIM USB-Driver 2008," which then installs the driver.

Holy crap - there it is on my desktop! Thanks Mark. I was at the track and a little preoccupied with other problems when I tried the install. I wont get a chance to try it again for a day or so but thanks for the quick response everyone.

--------------------
-CJ Johnson

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 68
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think I remember you need to right-click the icon on your desktop and choose run as administrator. I think that might be covered in the software install instructions.

Good luck.

-bw

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

OK, I was able to download the newest version from AIM tonight and install. No problem at all... I didn't even have to uninstall the first
one. Working fine now.

--------------------
-CJ Johnson

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: