Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Data Acquisition » Traqmate and Windows 7 64bit - A few tricks to help

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Traqmate and Windows 7 64bit - A few tricks to help
Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi guys

I recently bought a Windows 7 64bit laptop for work and initially had two issues with installing Traqmate.

The Traqmate support guys helped me with the fix, so I thought I would post here just in case any of you had encountered similar issues.

Apparently these issues are only on the 64bit version and do not appear on the 32 bit version.

1. Computer does not see the Display Unit USB connection. Some of the newer laptops have more than 20 port connections and the Traqmate autoselect only tries 16 connections - so in Device Manager, check the Traqmate driver port number and manually select this - on my Sony it was port 18. [ALSO note that the Traqmate driver installs under SERIAL ports (or OTHER ports) and not under USB drivers as you would first imagine]

2. Active menu bar for the various windows appear black, and you cannot see the maximize/minmize/close buttons. When starting Traqmate, right click and run in compatibility mode selecting windows 2000. This fixes it immediately. I doubt that they will do a 64bit version as the processing requirements are not that demanding

After those 2 fixes everything is working perfectly.

[ 03-18-2010, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Danny Steyn ]

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Alex Gaines Verified Driver

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 77
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Gaines   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Steyn:
Hi guys

I recently bought a Windows 7 64bit laptop for work and initially had two issues with installing Traqmate.

The Traqmate support guys helped me with the fix, so I thought I would post here just in case any of you had encountered similar issues.

Apparently these issues are only on the 64bit version and do not appear on the 32 bit version.

1. Computer does not see the Display Unit USB connection. Some of the newer laptops have more than 20 port connections and the Traqmate autoselect only tries 16 connections - so in Device Manager, check the Traqmate driver port number and manually select this - on my Sony it was port 18.

2. Active menu bar for the various windows appear black, and you cannot see the maximize/minmize/close buttons. When starting Traqmate, right click and run in compatibility mode selecting windows 2000. This fixes it immediately. I doubt that they will do a 64bit version as the processing requirements are not that demanding

After those 2 fixes everything is working perfectly.

Thanks, I had problems with Windows 7 just like this. Will try it out.

--------------------
2010 SARRC Champion
2010 13 Hours of VIR Champions
Race Engineering

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: