Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Data Acquisition » Oil press. warning light settings?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Oil press. warning light settings?
Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

(I hope this isn't a double post...)

I'm programming my Mychron 3 and not sure what to set the oil pressure lights at. I've read a few different opinions...expect 10psi per 1000 rpm, low at 30, low at 10, etc. I'm not sure what's a normal low since I have the fake gauge in my 1.8 that just tells me either I have pressure or not.

I have an extra warning light so I was thinking one low and one high but don't want to pull off the track for a low signal that's not really low. (I set the water temps at 190 for low and 220 for high which I think sounds about right but if it's not, let me know)

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Jay Lutz

Region: Indy
Car #: 33
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jay Lutz     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Keith,

I have programmed my Mychron3 XGlog for 35/90 oil pressure and 160/235 water temp. Seems to work well although I am considering changing the low oil pressure to maybe 30 psi since it drops below 35 during hard braking....you'll soon see that when you look at the data.

Thanks, Jay

--------------------
"In our sport if you go out of bounds you're most likely not coming back" Michael Waltrip

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: