Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Data Acquisition » Super high AIM temp reading

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Super high AIM temp reading
Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm trying to finish programming my Mychron 3 Gold and have most of it working. (Thanks Jay for the advice on light settings.)

The temp though is reading in the mid 300*s. Oil pressure looks fine. RPMs are coming in fine but I'm pretty sure the temp is wrong. The manual doesn't say anything about the low scale, high scale, or parameters.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong now?

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Greg Bush Verified Driver
Thread Killer

Region: NW/OR
Car #: 04
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Greg Bush     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You most likely have the wrong type of temp sensor selected.

Try the other options and see if on looks better.

Pack Fodder

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Any chance you could look at what you have set in your race studio configuration Greg? [Smile]

I have it set on thermocouple. There are a few other choices. Temp VDO 40-120C maybe?

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Greg Bush Verified Driver
Thread Killer

Region: NW/OR
Car #: 04
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Greg Bush     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Does the sensor have a yellow 2 prong plug? If not it's not a thermocouple.

I'd guess PT100.

Pack Fodder

None of the settings made the readings change. I tried everything temp related from thermocouple to Suzuki Super Sport. The odd thing is, as the engine heats up, the temp readings drop from about 350 to 285.

[Frown]

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Jay Lutz

Region: Indy
Car #: 33
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jay Lutz     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My water temp gauge is using the calibration curve thermoresistance PT 100 ...and it works properly. Thanks, Jay

--------------------
"In our sport if you go out of bounds you're most likely not coming back" Michael Waltrip

Jay Lutz

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jay Lutz     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My water temp gauge is using the calibration curve thermoresistance PT 100 ...and it works properly. Thanks, Jay

--------------------
"In our sport if you go out of bounds you're most likely not coming back" Michael Waltrip

Jay Lutz

Call AIM.....their product support is outstanding: CA-951-674-9090 or VA- 800-718-9090. Either number can help you.

--------------------

Pack Fodder

Turns out that you can get exactly what I was experiencing from a bad connection inside the unit itself. Wedged myself back upside down in the footwell, changed it to different channels, reprogrammed and both temp and pressure read properly.

Apparently, with this sort of bad connection, vibrations will cause the readings to go haywire. As the car warms up and the vibrations simmer down, so does the reading. 350F down to 285F corresponds pretty well with about 1200rpm on start up down to normal hot idle.

Thanks Jay and Greg!

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: