Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Data Acquisition » Modifying Michron Data Help

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Modifying Michron Data Help
Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anyone know how to modify the speed on a session measured with the Michron 3 Gold? I'm trying to send someone data from a session where one of my magnets fell off, and my speed data is all goofy.

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Bruce!!

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

breathesfire Verified Driver
flirting with disaster

Region: South Jersey
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for breathesfire     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Keith, it sounds like you have your answer, but here's my take just in case. Both solutions that come to mind involve the end user making changes on his/her end. I don't think you can correct the data, just how it's processed in your analysis session.

Option 1: Once the data is graphed you can edit the channel. This is the same dialog screen where you can change the graphing range. If I recall, you can get to it by pressing the "..." button next to the channel on the measures toolbar. There's a y=mx+b function where you can adjust the graph. Just change the "m" to whatever multiplier you need. This is the easiest/fastest method, but you have to do it for every one.

Option 2: write a math channel that corrects the speed. I believe you can export/import math channels, but it's problably easier to have end user recreate it. This option would take longer, but it would only have to be performed once (and would be there in case you lost a magnet in the future).

By the way, adjusting the "b" function in option 1 is a good way to zero a steering sensor after the data is logged.

Pete Maerz

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: