Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Data Acquisition » Problem transferring ownership of AMB

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Problem transferring ownership of AMB
l8tbreakr

Region: NER
Car #: 17
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for l8tbreakr     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Over the summer bought an SM and went to mylaps and paid the $40 transfer for the transponder transfer to my mylaps account. The seller was expecting contact from AMB but never happened. I have contacted AMB multiple times by email and phone without response. They collected my $40 in August. Anyone have any tips for getting them to fulfill the request?

Thanks!

--------------------
-----------
AJ Goldsmith
Westborough, MA

Ramjet 8 Verified Driver

Region: MWD
Car #: 91
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ramjet 8     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good luck !!!!!!!! I did the same thing back in Feb and finally just gave up and considered myself screwed for the $40

iambhooper

Region: NCR
Car #: NA
SMIM: NA
Icon 1 posted  Profile for iambhooper     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I sold my car back in March (and let the AMB go with), and the newtome SM had it's own transponder. I am the 3rd owner of this car, and haven't even messed with the ownership transfer yet. As this is my first RWD race car in years, I actually stand to gain a lot of help by looking at Mylaps.

If they are showing a patteren of doing this (and let's face it, they can do whatever they please as long as they are the only kid on the block), then maybe it's time for a short letter from a nice lawyer (or a nice letter from a short laywer)!

--------------------
hoop
'91 Spec Miata
'90 NA Beater/Track Day car
'06 RSX Type S

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How about a short email to Terry Ozment, Director of Club Racing. I am sure she, or her staff, can take care of this problem.
wheel

Brandon F. Verified Driver

Region: NNJR
Car #: 48
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brandon F.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I managed to be tenacious enough to finally call their support line MULTIPLE times.

Turned into an ordeal and plenty of concern since, as you note they already have your money.

Wish I could remember the name of the woman who helped me but once I got a name & extension I was finally able to get them to make things happen.

Took about a week+ to finally be able to associate the transponder with my user account.

Stick with it, keep notes of when things were done and I'm sure they'll get it sorted.

Brandon

l8tbreakr

Region: NER
Car #: 17
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for l8tbreakr     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey guys, persistence paid off. I got through their customer support line (had tried a few times and kept getting voicemails and no call back) and explained the situation. Talked to one person, transferred to another, and then it was taken care of. The thing had been transferred to a new account but there was no communication back to me about that account. When I got them on the phone they xfered the new amb to the old mylaps account and I was all set. The seemed surprised I couldn't do it myself, but I think it's because I had an existing mylaps account and no knowledge of the new account they created. Either way, there is a hole in their process hopefully they can get it fixed. Since AMB has a monopoly on us, I hope the powers that be can ensure that the club receives good support. In the future I think it might make sense to keep your transponder too.

--------------------
-----------
AJ Goldsmith
Westborough, MA

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: