Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Data Acquisition » TPS feed into Traqmate?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: TPS feed into Traqmate?
l8tbreakr

Region: NER
Car #: 17
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for l8tbreakr     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi, has anyone tried routing the signal off of the stock TPS into a Traqmate (or other data logger) for throttle position? Does splicing it create a voltage or impedance problem such that it would better to have a standalone sensor?

--------------------
-----------
AJ Goldsmith
Westborough, MA

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I did it a few year ago and it through a CEL. I put in a resitor and it was fine.
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

dunk

Icon 1 posted  Profile for dunk     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have my TPS wired into my AIM. Also using a resister. I had the same problem as Jim, with the stock ECU throwing a CEL. 1k ohm resister in line with the signal seems to have cured that problem.

Duncan

CP Verified Driver

Car #: 7
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

AJ - let me know if you get it to work. I'm going to need to do the same in a few weeks.

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

l8tbreakr

Icon 1 posted  Profile for l8tbreakr     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks guys, will do Cy. I'm going to order the Traqdata 2 module which will take some time to arrive, then wire in TPS and Brake light switch which I'm going to do digital instead of analog. Will letcha know.

--------------------
-----------
AJ Goldsmith
Westborough, MA

l8tbreakr

Hey Jim / Dunk - I want to confirm the wiring if you don't mind.

I am assuming we run a 12v signal and ground into the Traqdata on the correct terminals. Just use a clean and fused 12v source.

The signal wire from the TPS would go from the wire on center pin (labeled TL in the service manual) to one of the analog inputs on the Traqmate with a 1k ohm resistor soldered in series.

Is that correct?

Thanks much!

--------------------
-----------
AJ Goldsmith
Westborough, MA

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: