Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Data Acquisition » RLC Enterprises Micro-Pod Lite

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: RLC Enterprises Micro-Pod Lite
AFRaptor22

Region: South Jersey
Car #: 37
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for AFRaptor22     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I should be getting a Micro-Pod lite from the Ups man tomorrow, and hope to have it installed by the weekend. Since part of the sponsorship deal is pictures of the install and a review, I figured I would post the same info here as well.

http://www.rlcracing.com/Micro_Pod_Lite.htm

Pictures and a review to follow.

AFRaptor22

Icon 1 posted  Profile for AFRaptor22     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Got the box last night here's what I got:

Micro Pod Lite
Closed Wheel Pre-made Harness
10 Hz GPS (Since it'll be free after the sponsorship deal)
Setup Kit
Tach, H2O temp and Oil Pressure sensors

Everything looks very high quality and setup should be pretty easy. The setup kit came with an AC adapter so I could play with it in my living room. Being able to hook up a mouse and keyboard to it was also nice, but not needed after the initial setup for me.

Can't seem to get the pictures small enough to attach, so I'll try and put them in the smugshots.

AFRaptor22

http://smugshots.specmiata.com/main.php?g2_itemId=11145

Vick Verified Driver
Do they sell spec training wheels?

Region: NYR
Car #: 12
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Vick     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Are you going to be at any Pocono races or the NJMP race this season so some of us can take a look at it in person?

--------------------
http://www.volko.com

AFRaptor22

Yes, but I'll be there for the EMRA races, not SCCA right now. I only live 45 minutes from NJMP so if there's an SM race there and I'm free I can head down to spectate.

5/29-30 @ NJMP Thunderbolt
6/19 @ Monticello, NY
7/10-11 @ NJMP Lightning
8/29-30 @ Pocono

AFRaptor22

I got the system installed this weekend, and initially it worked great, but I think I cooked my head unit due to placing it in an eyeball vent. It's back at RLC now awaiting the prognosis, but when it was working it was AWESOME!

I was waiting for an NPT adapter for the oil pressure so it wasn't hooked up and it is impossible to ignore a complete loss of oil pressure, the box will not let you kill your car. Once I figured out how to navigate the car setup screen it was easy to remove the sensor and I even made my own completely new car setup so i could go through the gear position setup. It works exactly as advertised even driving the car in traffic to get through all 5 gears. When it's setup it registers a gear shift instantly. The GPS did take a while to initially align, but that's to be expected. Once it was aligned it would re-align from a cold power up in about a minute. I haven't had a chance to check out more of the GPS capabilities, but hopefully soon.

More pictures:

http://smugshots.specmiata.com/main.php?g2_itemId=11145

AFRaptor22

One thing I have noticed is that I do use the mouse more than I thought I would to tweak my shift light timing, it's a GOOD idea to get the setup kit!

SWDouglass Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NASA So Cal. & CalClub
Car #: 27
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SWDouglass     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have the system connected to my Chase cam. It is awesome!!!

Simply upload the files from your chasecam and run RLC's Software and the video and data all showup in the software. No syncing needed. When I click on a portion of the track the video and all of the coresponding data all show up.

And the customer service is great. They were very helpful with getting it set up (when I didn't read the instructions). And they are constantly updating their software to bring in more features.

--------------------
31st in the nation. If I could keep the car on the track and put on the oil cap I could be in the top 20.

evolvedmr

Region: dc
Car #: 55
Year : 06 Evo 9
Icon 1 posted  Profile for evolvedmr     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

This system looks interesting! I am torn between the user friendliness and wide use of the traqmate, and the dash support of aim systems. This looks like a combination of the best of both, but with a price point closer to the former.
When will the larger dash units be available?
I'm interested to hear more reviews of this.

AFRaptor22

I second the review of RLC's customer service. They are extremely helpful and did everything possible to trouble shoot a problem with my setup. Once we figured out which sensor was causing the problem it's been working great since. I definitely recommend the system.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: