Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Pro Miata » 2008 Sched is up and a new title sponsor...who's in? :) (Page 3)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 3 of 3 1  2  3 

Author Topic: 2008 Sched is up and a new title sponsor...who's in? :)
RYGAR Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
"The Unethical"

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 29
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for RYGAR     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Chad L.:
Isn't the lack of values the thing that causes most problems in our world?

No. I would think: power, money, oil, greed, religion, hatred, hunger and bad parenting are to name a few...

I respect everybody's opinion... and the fact that we have different opinions and the right to express ourselves freely is part of what makes this country great! We all have the right to CHOOSE to do what we want to do and how to feel!!

So go to the racetrack, buy a Playboy and a beer and enjoy the race! Or don't...
[group hug] [rockband] [thumbsup] [soapbox]
Cheers,
-Ryan

Edited to add soapbox!! [Big Grin]
Still wanting to be sponsored by Playboy....

--------------------
Ryan G. #29
http://www.RentMoneyRacing.com

smtejas Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for smtejas     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

-  -  -  -

-
 -

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

In the history of the world, more people have died violently in the name of religion, than for all other reasons combined.

Ken Tubbs Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Oregon
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ken Tubbs     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Willie the Tard:
I know I will not change any minds and should just keep my mouth shut but I am not call a tard for nothing.

[yep]

Icon 1 posted  Profile for smtejas     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by wheel:
In the history of the world, more people have died violently in the name of religion, than for all other reasons combined.

damn. like minds think alike. I was gonna say this exact same sentence almost word-for-word, but didn't want to fuel the hijack. For folks taking Wheels bait, please read his choice of words carefully: "in the NAME of religion".

Willie the Tard Verified Driver

Region: NASA Texas
Car #: 8
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Willie the Tard   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by wheel:

man is a very stupid animal -- but letís not limit ourselves to only one reason for the stupid killing -- I guess stupid is redundant

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by R Hale:
So.....Playboy is the new sponsor, should get people talking about the series.

What series?

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Willie the Tard   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Ken Tubbs:
quote:
Originally posted by Willie the Tard:
I know I will not change any minds and should just keep my mouth shut but I am not call a tard for nothing.

[yep]
like I said not called a tard for nothing -- I'm like Don Quixote -- dreaming the impossiable dream -- but then so are you [Smile]

returns from commercial break to hear "now back to our regularly scheduled program....."

-

Slow Ride

Car #: 54
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Slow Ride     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Let's see the atrocities committed by Israelis against the PLO. [scratchchin] Perhaps you forget history. The charter of the "Palestinian state" states, to paraphrase, is the total and complete annihilation Israelis and the Jewish state, along with all its inhabitants. They, along with most of the middle eastern countries do not acknowledge the state of Israel. Israel has made concession after concession for peace with the Palestinians and the first to fire after Israel gave in to the demands was guess who? The Palestinians. Furthermore, this last attempt at "peace talks" required Israel to give up Jerusalem before the Palestinians would even come to the talks. The Palestinians refused to put up any concessions at all. Jerusalem was not even on the Muslim map until well after it was the Jewish holy city. Israel is surrounded completely by countries that want to destroy it and must fight for its survival. These are current events. [soapbox]

"IN THE NAME OF RELIGION" good point. I don't deny the atrocities that have taken place.

I may not like the sponsor, but as stated earlier, everyone has the right to choose what they want to do. Whether you support or not is totally your choice and I don't expect Playboy to go out of business because a few "closed minded and petty people" refuse to deter from their core beliefs. Again the name calling has been from one side.

--------------------
No matter where you go, there you are.

RYGAR Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
"The Unethical"

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 29
Icon 1 posted  Profile for RYGAR     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

ummm...did this topic go from a cute bunny with a bow-tie to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict?

--------------------
Ryan G. #29
http://www.RentMoneyRacing.com

Administrator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

OK.... waving yellow, if y'all went to debate who killed who first backfire room is down the hall, pay the troll, cross the bridge and to the right. This thread is the MX5 new sponsor Playboy.

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Slow Ride:
Let's see the atrocities committed by Israelis against the PLO. [scratchchin] Perhaps you forget history. The charter of the "Palestinian state" states, to paraphrase, is the total and complete annihilation Israelis and the Jewish state, along with all its inhabitants. They, along with most of the middle eastern countries do not acknowledge the state of Israel. Israel has made concession after concession for peace with the Palestinians and the first to fire after Israel gave in to the demands was guess who? The Palestinians. Furthermore, this last attempt at "peace talks" required Israel to give up Jerusalem before the Palestinians would even come to the talks. The Palestinians refused to put up any concessions at all. Jerusalem was not even on the Muslim map until well after it was the Jewish holy city. Israel is surrounded completely by countries that want to destroy it and must fight for its survival. These are current events. [soapbox]

"IN THE NAME OF RELIGION" good point. I don't deny the atrocities that have taken place.

I may not like the sponsor, but as stated earlier, everyone has the right to choose what they want to do. Whether you support or not is totally your choice and I don't expect Playboy to go out of business because a few "closed minded and petty people" refuse to deter from their core beliefs. Again the name calling has been from one side.

My family lost their homes and land in 1947 -- so I will NEVER see it your way -- sorry -- I also do not acknowledge the state of Israel. I to want to go back to 1946; one state, Palestine. I am very biased on this point

Slow Ride

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Slow Ride     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Lance Snyder:
OK.... waving yellow, if y'all went to debate who killed who first backfire room is down the hall, pay the troll, cross the bridge and to the right. This thread is the MX5 new sponsor Playboy.

Agreed!

Now back to your regularly scheduled sponsor.

--------------------

Neil Made Donation to Website
Ugly Trailer Racing

Region: NWR
Car #: 54 where are you?
Year : 89 rx7 GTUs
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Neil     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Neil:
Let's remember to be nice to each other and respect each other's views even if we disagree.

[/QB]

[help] uh... was that to much to ask? [Confused]

How about.. back to my question. Any current subscriber able to say how well the Rolex cup was covered by Playboy this year?

--------------------
"I am master of my unspoken words and slave to those that should have remained unsaid." Abe Lincoln

Pat Newton Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Enduro addict

Region: Northwest, Oregon
Car #: 79
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

This thread needs more boobies and less Internet morons talking to hear themselves talk.

Neil, do I get partial credit for the boobies comment? [Wink] [duck] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Crew Chief, 3D Racing #64, aka Team Scrappy 2.0
3rd place E2, 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Crew Chief, EGR/Miller Motorsports #64, aka Team Scrappy
E2 Champions, 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Administrator

OK fine... I found a boobie!

-

--------------------

Jim Boemler Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NWR, OR
Car #: 30
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Boemler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Both Pat and Kyle desperately need to roll back their avatars!

jim

--------------------
Just a clown

Pat Newton Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Enduro addict

Region: Northwest, Oregon
Car #: 79
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Boemler:
Both Pat and Kyle desperately need to roll back their avatars!

jim

I had to change mine, I just couldn't make my typical crass comments with baby Charlotte looking at me from the avatar space. [laughing]

--------------------
Crew Chief, 3D Racing #64, aka Team Scrappy 2.0
3rd place E2, 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Crew Chief, EGR/Miller Motorsports #64, aka Team Scrappy
E2 Champions, 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Neil Made Donation to Website
Ugly Trailer Racing

Region: NWR
Car #: 54 where are you?
Year : 89 rx7 GTUs
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Neil     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
OK fine... I found a boobie!

-

[laughing] Ok now that's funny!

Good of you to protect Charlett's Image, Pat. [Razz]

--------------------
"I am master of my unspoken words and slave to those that should have remained unsaid." Abe Lincoln

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi All

I for one, and THRILLED by the Playboy sponsorship of the MX-5 Cup. It is the daily topic of conversation at our family as we are very seriously considering going Pro Racing - something that never crossed our minds until we heard of the Playboy sponsorship deal.

I am also equally thrilled that this forum allows everyone to express their views, whether we agree with them or not.

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Crash Fitzgerald

Car #: 02
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Crash Fitzgerald     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Danny- I think you are confused. You don't get to have sex with the Playboy models if you join the MX-5 Cup, you just get to drive the cars.

Steve D. Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Once you get past the gag reflex, the jelly ain't bad!

Car #: 30
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve D.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Fitzgerald -

You got it wrong. Danny's reached the age where he's THAT happy about being able to write off his racing expenses. Have you seen his website? [scratchchin] I'm pretty sure he's the only one of us who can legitimately deduct his racing expenses as business advertising in a Playboy-sponsored series!!

Do it, Danny! Maybe that will make one less person who shows up occasionally to rent a car and kick my a$$. [Big Grin]

Steve D.

Crash Fitzgerald

Car #: 02
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Crash Fitzgerald     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I hope i'm getting that much p#@%y at that age, whatever it is

Jason Holland Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Mediocrity rules!

Region: SouthEast
Car #: 28
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Holland   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Tim,

Don't be silly. The devil causes all the problems.

J

--------------------
Jason Holland
Semi-interested civilian

Mr. Pink
2006 ARRC winnner

Car #: 99
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mr. Pink     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You guys can't achieve parity in a spec class but your going to solve all the worlds problems.Yea,good luck with that! [Roll Eyes]

[ 12-19-2007, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Willie the Tard ]

--------------------
William Keeling a.k.a. Willie the Tard

Administrator

OK, last warning or this thread will be locked.

--------------------

Gibscreen Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: NASA-SoCal
Car #: 23
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gibscreen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm assuming all of the objections to Playboy are because of the nature of the magazine. I know a lot of people have a problem with Playboy not because they don't like naked women, but because it objectifies women.

If that's the case, I can't help but point out the hypocrisy. Virtually every post-race ceremony at every club race and SCCA-sanctioned event that I've seen involves the driver of the winning car being in a photo op with some scantily-clad model. I'm 33 years old, I love women as much as the next guy, but I've never understood the concept of having some stranger that has nothing to do with my race in a picture with me. Is she part of the award of winning? Talk about objectification...

My opinion is that if you object to Playboy sponsorship, you should also object to the 1850s mentality during post-race ceremonies and dump the "Women are the Reward" philosophy. I don't even object to Playboy sponsorship, but I still think the post-race models have to go so that racing can enter the 20th century (We'll worry about the 21st century later. Baby steps.)

Think I'm wrong? Would your opinion change if a woman driver won the race and they brought out some beefcake for her? There have to be equal rights of course. [Smile]

--------------------
Rob Gibson
RJ Racing
2010 NASA Nationals TTE Champion
2008/2009 WERC Champion
2007 NASA SoCal SM Champion
rjracing.net
Weekend-Racer.com

jigou Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: Des Moines Valley
Car #: 59
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jigou     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

A photo-op with a scantily-clad model? Sign me up!!! I've definitely been racing with the wrong race group!

--------------------
http://www.plainoldgas.com

Slow Ride

quote:
Originally posted by Gibscreen:

My opinion is that if you object to Playboy sponsorship, you should also object to the 1850s mentality during post-race ceremonies and dump the "Women are the Reward" philosophy. I don't even object to Playboy sponsorship, but I still think the post-race models have to go so that racing can enter the 20th century (We'll worry about the 21st century later. Baby steps.)

1850s?

Oh yeah, the horse and buggy races. What did they do for parity? [Wink]

--------------------

Waterboy Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC
Car #: 15
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Waterboy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
OK, last warning or this thread will be locked.

Sorry, didn't realize my post was out of line but apparently it was because now it is gone. I'll be on my best behavior from now on.

--------------------
Tim Jacobs
Montgomery Irrigation

Gibscreen Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: NASA-SoCal
Car #: 23
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gibscreen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Slow Ride:
quote:
Originally posted by Gibscreen:

1850s?

Oh yeah, the horse and buggy races. What did they do for parity? [Wink]

They had perfect parity. They all had 1 horsepower.

And I was referring to the mentality (i.e. women are possessions) as being from the 1850s.

--------------------
Rob Gibson
RJ Racing
2010 NASA Nationals TTE Champion
2008/2009 WERC Champion
2007 NASA SoCal SM Champion
rjracing.net
Weekend-Racer.com

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If I could get paid just for looking hot, I'd go for it.

I've been pretty all these years for free. [Razz]

Page 3 of 3 1  2  3 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: