Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Pro Miata » Koni GS from Barber - In-car

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Koni GS from Barber - In-car
Todd Lamb Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champion 2009

Region: SE Div, Atlanta
Car #: EddieFur
Year : Party like it's ____
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Todd Lamb   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Had the opportunity to co-drive with Andy Lally last weekend at Barber for the Koni Challenge race in Kinetic Motorsports BMW M3. Andy is a heck of a driver! We raced karts together 'back in the day'.

Here's some in-car from the start. MX-5'ers Derek Whitis/Tom Long started behind me in the team M3 - they had a great run as well. I think Derek is hooked on GS power now. At least it's still Sunbelt power! [Big Grin]

Barber In-Car, Kinetic BMW M3, Koni Challenge
(41mb - Right click, save target as....)

--------------------
Mazdaspeed // SafeRacer // Traqmate // OPM Autosports // East Street Auto // Cobalt Friction
Racers Edge Motorsports Rolex GT RX-8 // i-MOTO Racing Conti Challenge MAZDASPEED3
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/toddspeed

Dale Alexander Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 93 & 5
Year : 94 & MX-5 Cup Car
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dale Alexander     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nice job! Those cars type of cars are very nice to drive and addicting as well. I can't wait to see it on TV.

--------------------
Dale Alexander

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Todd Lamb   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks!

SPEED 2pm this Saturday.

--------------------
Mazdaspeed // SafeRacer // Traqmate // OPM Autosports // East Street Auto // Cobalt Friction
Racers Edge Motorsports Rolex GT RX-8 // i-MOTO Racing Conti Challenge MAZDASPEED3

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

hell of a drive.

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Didn't you say Derrick lost the cool suit? Was that him they were icing down? He ok (other then a rather significant heat injury)?

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

Casey Z Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: MidDiv
Car #: 13
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Casey Z     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Caught the race on my DVR yesterday. Agree with Wheel, heck of a good drive. [thumbsup]

--------------------
----------------
Z Brothers Racing / East Street Auto

Casey Z - 1.6 Kettle
MidDiv National #13

Jon Pressman Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
..driver for hire..

Region: WDC
Car #: 87
SMIM: racerJRP
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jon Pressman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

WTH! I always miss the good races on SPEED but turn in just in time for freakin pinks or some crap.

Great drive Todd!

--------------------
SSM #87 MARRS
--2007 ARRC SSM Champion--

Windsorcustoms.com

Kim Ouye Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Retired Racer

Region: SFR
Car #: 82/73
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kim Ouye     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats guys!

Man...wish I'd seen this post earlier...I watched the rebroadcast last night starting at midnight PDT...I supposed I could have recorded it...but what the heck...

--------------------
Kim

91 BRG SMT RIP
06 MX-5 Cup

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy sh*t...what a ride!'" - Unknown

Just got back from LeMons and watching it now. Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun. Glad the coverage was good. We had to pit early due to a fuel pickup problem which caused us to lose the leaders after about 45 mins, which then required a second stop later in the race since it went green the whole way. To answer Dorsey's question, it was a long fuel stop the second time since the tank had to be full to get any fuel to the pumps. I think Kinetic is close to a win real soon!

Derek was overheated but he was ok after about 20 minutes of water/ice/shade/rest. He did a great job and Tom was absolutely flying. Good showing for the SM/MX-5 guys.

--------------------

J.D.

Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

[thumbsup]

It was only 92 with 38% humidity. [duck]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: