Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Pro Miata » MX-5 Cup Portland Results (Spoiler Warning)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: MX-5 Cup Portland Results (Spoiler Warning)
Kim Ouye Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Retired Racer

Region: SFR
Car #: 82/73
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kim Ouye     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to Brad Rampelberg on his win at Portland!

Also congrats to Todd Buras and Andrew Caddell for completing the podium.

And congrats to Team Hooverspeed for a podium sweep!

[ 07-27-2008, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Casey Z ]

--------------------
Kim

91 BRG SMT RIP
06 MX-5 Cup

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'Holy sh*t...what a ride!'" - Unknown

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Brad
Congrats! great drive! Todd and Andrew as well! Looks like Foss was p4 rebounding from problems in qualifing
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

backusm Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ

Region: CenDiv
Car #: 94
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for backusm     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

spoiler warning doesn't work too well if you don't have returns after the title... or if people comment back in the first line.

Are we all NuBe's?

--------------------
Mike Backus
90 SM white #94

Neil Made Donation to Website
Ugly Trailer Racing

Region: NWR
Car #: 54 where are you?
Year : 89 rx7 GTUs
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Neil     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Hooverspeed! Hard workin team! [yep]

We made it down this morning and got to catch up with a few folks. Awesome day and what a show!
Great racing but some serious sheet metal hurt in a few races, tho! [Eek!] All drivers ok last I heard. Have a great shot of Matt talking to Mark Pombo before his TDI race, but an incident severely changed the look of his car, later. Glad he's ok. Sat right next to them watching MX5 cup and I kept thinking I should know who they were! Chatted at Andrew's pit later. [blush]
Was good to get reacquainted with all those we could and put some new faces to the screen names here. Fun times.

There's an additional spoiler coming, I'll wait to see how it's officially announced. [Frown]

--------------------
"I am master of my unspoken words and slave to those that should have remained unsaid." Abe Lincoln

J.D.

Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

[thumbsup]

Charlie James Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Team SafeRacer

Region: Neokla
Car #: 40
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Charlie James   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

So, what were the technical DQs for?

--------------------
www.SafeRacer.com
"Life is short, Eternity is forever"

Roger Caddell Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Victory Lane Data

Region: Northwest
Car #: #30
Year : 2007
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Roger Caddell   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Charlie,

Andrews car was DQ'd for having the wrong camber bolt in the LF suspension. It was a mistake that should not have happened.

We had the toe adjustment slip on that corner and decided to replace the bolt so it would not slip again and we accidently put put the wrong bolt in. The big problem is Andrew and I were crewing our car since Rob was still on the road returning from the Barber Mustang race and since Andrew and I had never worked in that area before, we did not realize our error.

I would like to apologize to our sponsors, Mazda, SCCA, and our fellow competitors for creating the issue and forcing everyone to have to deal with it.

In my 20 years of driving and then Andrews 12 years of racing we have never been DQ'd and we are embarrassed that it happened now and will work hard to make sure it does not happen again.

--------------------
Thanks!

Roger Caddell

Victory Lane Data - Your Aim Data Acquisition Connection!
Andrew Caddell - Personal Website!

mark pombo Verified Driver
2005 ARRC Winner

Region: southeast
Car #: 10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mark pombo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The MX-5 cup race was awesome to watch, and everybody helped me a ton with data. Thanks Roger and Andrew for the data and video help, and Todd for the video.

Congrats on the win Brad!!

--------------------
Mark Pombo
Pombo Racing/PFM Engineering

Mitch Reading Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Philadelphia
Car #: 65
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mitch Reading     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mark, where can we see results for TDI cup?

--------------------
http://www.mitchum.ms

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mitch Reading:
Mark, where can we see results for TDI cup?

I have found that media.vw.com is the best source.

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

2005 ARRC Winner

Icon 1 posted  Profile for mark pombo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

what Blake said. Man my neck hurts this morning

--------------------
Mark Pombo

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by mark pombo:
what Blake said. Man my neck hurts this morning

Can your brother fix it? [Wink]

What happened?

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mark, what happened with your DNF? Like the rest of the series promotion, details are rather lacking.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

Kyle Freiheit

Car #: #78 sorry Terrell
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kyle Freiheit     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I was in the chicane and watched it all unfold.

Mark,
It looked like you were making your move to the inside of turn 1 for 2nd place and carried enough speed to take you deep into 1 which carried you into the first place car. Looks like the 1st place car got a better run out of turn 2 so now you were sitting 2nd with the 3rd place car just off your left rear corner. Looks like he either moved underneath you and spun you directly into the concrete barrier or you moved to the outside(to line up for turn 4) but because he was inside your fender you spun.

Either way, after the aweful start you had, you had and AMAZING run from 8th? to the front. Wish more of the SM guys could have seen it, because you were just picking the guys off lap by lap. Hope you feel better because that hit looked pretty bad.

Kyle

Neil Made Donation to Website
Ugly Trailer Racing

Car #: 54 where are you?
Year : 89 rx7 GTUs
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Neil     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

On our way to watch the Spec race we saw the car on the hook. Took a picture, but I am not inclined to post those sorts of shots, unless Mark wants it.
By the looks of the car it was a HARD hit. We were in the paddock watching from afar when it happened. Hopin Mark is getting better, cage, belts and all are great but it had to hurt.
Missed the start but I heard he was methodically picking off the field.

--------------------
"I am master of my unspoken words and slave to those that should have remained unsaid." Abe Lincoln

2005 ARRC Winner

I don't mind you posting a picture if you want. I spun the wheels on the start and went from first to eighth by the end of the front straight. I was spun between turns 3 and 4 two laps from the end. I was touched on the left rear bumber settin up for turn 4, a right hander while in second spot. It turned meinto the concrete wall. Pretty disappointing I really felt like I had the speed to win all weekend. I lost a lot of money and a lot of points, but oh well. I should have just stayed in third, I would be the points leader. Now I am in 15th.

--------------------
Mark Pombo

tburas Verified Driver Series Champ
SM

Region: 003
Car #: 56
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tburas   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We watched the whole VW race, Mark did a great job slicing through traffic.
Glad you are ok and at least you get a new car.

--------------------
[URL=http://www.toddburas.com]
//East Street Auto//Traqmate//SafeRacer//

kartracer88f

Region: Florida
Car #: Varies
Year : Varies
Icon 1 posted  Profile for kartracer88f     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It was a shame Mark got taken out. He and I had a really good race (I won it). Together I think we showed how good Se Div spec miata is for driver development

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: