Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Pro Miata » Spec Miata Oval Series

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Spec Miata Oval Series
mx5er

Region: cfr
Car #: 81
Year : '00
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mx5er     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Charlotte County Motorsports Park (Punta Gorda, Fl) is in the early stages of developing a SM race series (possibly up to 10 races) on their 3/8 mile oval. They will use SCCA/NASA rules. This will not be sanctioned by either club but a stand alone series developed by the track. Prize money will be offered.

I was contacted by the track and as soon as more info is available I'll post it. How much interest is there [Confused]

tony senese Verified Driver
Phew, that was close!

Car #: 99
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tony senese   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

weeeeeeeeeeee almost makes me wish I lived in Florida!!!

--------------------
Tony Senese
SM#99
2008 NASA-NE SM Champion
NASA-NE SM Director
2008 PRO-IT SM 3rd place
http://www.nosenseyet.com/coppermine

CHIP VAN 01
WHO NEEDS EXIT SPEED WHEN YOU HAVE HORSEPOWER !!!!!

Region: FL REG
Car #: 01 02 03
Year : 90 93 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CHIP VAN 01     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in !!!Keep us updated

--------------------
www.AutoTechnikRacing.com

2010 SM NATIONAL POINTS CHAMPION
( I kicked Von C's A$$ )
2008 , 2009 and 2010 SE Division National SM Champion

E-Speed Motorsports Verified Driver

Region: CCR/NCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for E-Speed Motorsports     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I was told on another thread that Miata's could not be raced on ovals because they are unibodied cars. I'll dig up the tread tomorrow if I have time. It seems like it was in backfire. When I questioned what unibodied Miata's and the price of rice in china had in common, it was quickly pointed out to me that I was stupid. Please make a go of this because my IQ depend on it!
Estus

oops, maybe I am stupid. I just had to edit this post because I misspelled Miata!
Dang, I had to fix "tread" also!

[ 03-15-2009, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: E-Speed Motorsports ]

--------------------
everything was fine after they got the fire put out.

E-Speed Motorsports
Race Engineering

mx5er

Icon 1 posted  Profile for mx5er     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Boy, that doesn't make any sense! What about all the rovals we currently race on: Daytona, NHIS, Charlote, Memphis,Homestead to name a few.

E-Speed Motorsports Verified Driver

Region: CCR/NCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for E-Speed Motorsports     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by mx5er:
Boy, that doesn't make any sense! What about all the rovals we currently race on: Daytona, NHIS, Charlote, Memphis,Homestead to name a few.

They knew way more than I did, even after I told them that we had been running a FWD unibodied car at our local 1/2 mile oval for years. Their reasoning had some thing to do with the design of the retaining walls.
(another price of rice in China thing) [Confused]
Estus

--------------------
everything was fine after they got the fire put out.

E-Speed Motorsports
Race Engineering

mx5er

SM vs. concrete wall....the wall will ALWAYS win!

spec pinata

Region: NE Region
Icon 1 posted  Profile for spec pinata     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anyone raced on an oval yet? Last time I raced on a circle(Lime Rock skid pad), I puked my lunch. Something about no horizon,etc. Perhaps a big circle doesn't cause the same sensations.

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

NASCAR vs. concrete wall... the wall will always win. So what's there point?

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

Tony Silva Verified Driver
"The Tiger"

Region: SFR
Car #: 79
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tony Silva     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I race at the local oval track here in California. I've run full framed Monte Carlos and unibodied Camaros. I've also run my Miata on test days. Who ever said you can't run a unibody on an oval is full of it. Most likely he is just a traditionalist who thinks only V8 powered stock cars belong on an oval

Kent Carter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Future Never Has Been

Region: Houston
Car #: 91
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kent Carter   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think their point was unibody cars are expensive to fix after the all too common car vs. wall encounter.

--------------------
Do I turn my 99 Hard S into a killerfast SM or seek a donor?

Glenn Verified Driver

Region: CCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Charlotte County Speedway is a great track, used to race a Pinto there! Although second gear is all you ever use I don't know IF a Miata gearbox will hold up very well. A modified rev limit could come in handy for sure [Eek!]

--------------------
Glenn
Crew chief Meathead Racing, NE Region Sales Division Race Engineering, The GOLD standard in SM engines, Occasional race slave for OPM Autosports

Greg Kimble Verified Driver

Region: CFR
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Greg Kimble     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Interesting, in a previous life, I raced a full framed Chevy Malibu against a field of unibodied Camaro's on a Central Florida oval and usually got our butts kicked. Wonder how that works.

Greg

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: