Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Pro Miata » ECU ?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: ECU ?
omg

Region: washington
Year : 1990 sm 1990 ssm 2007 MX5 Cup
Icon 1 posted  Profile for omg     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am new to this section of the forum. My question concerns the ECU.It is my understanding the the ECUs were flashed and the sealed by SCCA. When the ECUs were re flashed did that increase the HP and torque?
The reason I ask is that I purchased a MX5 cup car but do not plan to race it in the series for at least a year so I am thinking about re flashing the ECU if there is more to be had. If you think there is, how would I go about finding the person to do it. I just plan to use the car for track day events, so I will not be violating any rules. Thank you for your help.

omg

Icon 1 posted  Profile for omg     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I found the answer spoke to Joe Mc, what a nice guy.Told me everything I needed to know. My car just got a little faster, thanks to Joe.

Mike LL

Region: Florida
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike LL     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just curious, if you are planning on racing MX-5 cup wouldn't you want to learn and practice with the car the way you will be racing it?

--------------------
Mike Lliteras
Sponsor, Mechanic, Owner and Dad
NASA FL

omg

Do not know if I will ever race in Pro at least two years out. So why not go faster now. Just out having fun.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: