Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA North-East » The Glen Fun One double regional (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Author Topic: The Glen Fun One double regional
Muda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Region: WDC
Car #: #23
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mike - I wanted to be there but I had the kids birthday party and couldn't miss it.

Damn, if we have enough grey haired participants we could ask for our own split start. Masters Spec Miata ("MSM"). [Wink]

--------------------
Muda Motorsports
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there."

Yosh Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Phila
Car #: 77
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Yosh   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mike888:
Yosh can you send me a copy of that video of Steve when you get a chance? mjlplan@yahoo.com Now that we know he is ok, "let the games begin".

YGM Mike!

--------------------
Yosh Hakutani
SSM /SM #77
http://www.woodlawngarage.com
http://www.syncspeedinc.com

Brandon F. Verified Driver

Region: NNJR
Car #: 48
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brandon F.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Muda:
Damn, if we have enough grey haired participants we could ask for our own split start. Masters Spec Miata ("MSM"). [Wink]

Where on your body do you have to have the gray?
[duck]
[rolling on floor laughin]
[laughing]

geneclev

Region: wdc
Car #: ssm 24
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for geneclev     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Brandon you were in top form for sundays race nice move in the back straight, Yosh i would like to see that vidio also coolmanincac@aol.com

--------------------
coolman A/C&heating
windsorcustoms.com

Mike888 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NJ
Car #: 12
Year : 1997
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike888   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Yosh:
quote:
Yosh can you send me a copy of that video of Steve when you get a chance? mjlplan@yahoo.com Now that we know he is ok, "let the games begin".

YGM Mike!
I am going to have to call my kids to find out what YGM means. BTW- I went back and looked at the video, and you blew by me at the green flag like I was standing still. I guess you got the button for the nitros fixed?

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike888   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Brandon F.:
quote:

Where on your body do you have to have the gray?
[duck]
[rolling on floor laughin]
[laughing]

You really worry me with a question like this!!!!!!

Vick Verified Driver
Do they sell spec training wheels?

Region: NYR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Vick     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Mike - I wanted to be there but I had the kids birthday party and couldn't miss it.

You need another qualifying statistic for MSM than gray hair (on your head......)....at that rate I qualify and I'm not old yet! Heck, I'm not that much older than the car!

--------------------
http://www.volko.com

FastM3 Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 38
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for FastM3     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi Yosh

If you have video from Sunday group 4 I would like to see as well. You were right there with me for most of the race. Would like to see what it looked like from your view.

Thanks

# 83 Silver Miata for the Fun One

--------------------
Phil
Silver 38 SM/ITA

CP Verified Driver

Car #: 7
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks to all for a clean weekend of racing. My first time racing the short course was great; I think I like it better than the long course. Kudos to the driver of the car (I can't see the car# in the video) that spun on Sunday coming out of the bus stop a few laps into the race. If you hadn't gone both feet in we would have had another ugly Collins/Steyn incident. Soupy kept buzzing in and out of my video during the race. What happened in T1 several times? Already looking forward to getting back there next season.

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

Mike L. Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ

Region: MoHud
Car #: 27
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike L.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by CP:
Kudos to the driver of the car (I can't see the car# in the video) that spun on Sunday coming out of the bus stop

+1
That was Richard Watson (06). I was right behind him coming out of the bustop and he did everything perfectly post spin. Allowed me and Richard Picut to go through cleanly. Great racing w/ them on both days!

--------------------
Mike Lo
1990 SM 27

Chris Windsor Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
windsorcustoms.com

Region: WDCR,
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Windsor   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey it was great to see all you Yankee's this weekend!! [Big Grin]
Thanks to everyone that stopped in to intro themselves, finally got to put some faces with names. [thumbsup]
What a weekend, heck of a practice day very fun race- thanks Ian and Amy [group hug]
Made some money on the front straight without an umbrella. [twocents]
And Yes I didn't race Sunday cause I was scared, Amy said she was gonna kick my [butthead] ...I mean cause I sold the car! [rockband]
There should be some good video and a few funny pictures that come out of all that.
...AND YES it was the FUN ONE!!

--------------------
2011 Season schedule coming soon
Support, sales, repair or rental
windsorcustoms.com

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Mike, I'm not telling Brandon anything about the hair on my body. [shame]

Vick, you've got to be about 3x the age of your 1.6 to qualify.

Chris, Yank ladies are the fastest and toughest around. Let's do a NE/Mid-Atl. ladies challenge. [yep]

--------------------
Muda Motorsports

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Yosh   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Phil,
Here are some snippets:
Vimeo

All: Great time. Many thanks to Chris Windsor at Windsor Customs for replacing the transmission on Saturday night - great trackside service! Having all gears made for a better Sunday race!

Many thanks also to the workers and volunteers that made it all possible! While I'm always wistful for more power since I run in SM in the SSM car, I love Watkins Glen!

--------------------
Yosh Hakutani
SSM /SM #77

Brandon F. Verified Driver

Region: NNJR
Car #: 48
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brandon F.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by geneclev:
Brandon you were in top form for sundays race nice move in the back straight, Yosh i would like to see that vidio also coolmanincac@aol.com

Thanks Gene. I'll get that snippet posted today...

To Stephanie E - sorry for the bump in the bus stop (and the resultant rear misalignment). I'll be sure to close that door in the future. [Wink]

To Muda - we missed you and your gray...and thankfully you can see some of mine on my face. [Razz]

To everyone else - had a fantastic time and I thank you and I will be back!

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

quote:
BTW- I went back and looked at the video, and you [Yosh] blew by me at the green flag like I was standing still. I guess you got the button for the nitros fixed?

I think it means that Jason calls the flag better than your wife. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Muda Motorsports

AJ Roderick

Region: Neoh
Car #: 56
Icon 1 posted  Profile for AJ Roderick   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Heres a video from my on-board http://vimeo.com/15193853

It was a fun experience for my first time on the short course and only the second time I've been to Watkins Glen. I can't wait to go back

--------------------
AJ Roderick
http://www.ajroderick.com
aroderick56@gmail.com

racinglawyer Verified Driver
Old Member

Region: NEPA
Car #: 0
Icon 1 posted  Profile for racinglawyer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

AJ
As I watched your video I realized that was my old car you were driving, you made us proud...I hope you have as much fun and luck as I did in that car!

Hope to see you again soon.

--------------------
BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN
Love "the commander" Mike Cefalo

AJ Roderick

Region: Neoh
Car #: 56
Icon 1 posted  Profile for AJ Roderick   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by racinglawyer:
AJ
As I watched your video I realized that was my old car you were driving, you made us proud...I hope you have as much fun and luck as I did in that car!

Hope to see you again soon.

I am definitely having a blast driving the car! I'm sure you will see my dad and I around. We are gonna try to make as many races as we can

--------------------
AJ Roderick
http://www.ajroderick.com
aroderick56@gmail.com

quote:
quote:
BTW- I went back and looked at the video, and you [Yosh] blew by me at the green flag like I was standing still. I guess you got the button for the nitros fixed?

I think it means that Jason calls the flag better than your wife. [Big Grin]
I will let you take that up with my wife! Good luck!

Steve Berry

Region: New England
Car #: 33
Year : 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Berry     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

OK Yosh...I need the video you promised before you hand it over to Mike to doctor and destroy my non existent reputation. Nothing like a flying Miata to truly make it a "Fun One".
Thanks to all for your cards and letters. My head is still attached and as of today feeling little side effects!

Thanks to Chris for making the switch to a new car as unpainful as possible. Can't wait to hit LRP with the new wheels. I've already added wings for more hang time coming off the downhill!

--------------------
Steve B

Yosh, no doctoring needed, my video shows Steve on his head in my rear view mirror, and while the "on his head" part is unusual, the "in my rear view mirror", is not.

FastM3 Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for FastM3     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

[my video shows Steve on his head in my rear view mirror, and while the "on his head" part is unusual, the "in my rear view mirror", is not. ]

OUCH

But... that is where we want him to be !!!! "in my rear view mirror",

--------------------
Phil
Silver 38 SM/ITA

FastM3 Verified Driver

And Yosh

We need your video. My Camera lost its video input before the FC Yellow. So I have no joy as far as video from the # 83

--------------------
Phil
Silver 38 SM/ITA

Steve's tumble:
http://vimeo.com/15264028

Other Fun One video clips:
http://vimeo.com/user2556836/videos

--------------------
Yosh Hakutani
SSM /SM #77

Vick Verified Driver
Do they sell spec training wheels?

Region: NYR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Vick     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

oooof, I came in behind you while Steve's car was bouncing back onto it's wheels. Glad he's ok!

--------------------
http://www.volko.com

tony senese Verified Driver
Phew, that was close!

Car #: 99
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tony senese   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

man I hate body work, but I really hate tire walls so much more! If he hit the armco it would have been a harder hit, but no flipping would have resulted in the filming of this crash!!!!

--------------------
Tony Senese
SM#99
2008 NASA-NE SM Champion
NASA-NE SM Director
2008 PRO-IT SM 3rd place
http://www.nosenseyet.com/coppermine

CP Verified Driver

Car #: 7
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sunday's SM race.

The Group 7 race on Sunday afternoon was my "fun one" of the weekend.

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

Steve Berry

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Berry     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You all have so much sympathy...thank God for the HANS or I would be in two pieces. Pay no attention to Mike...his time arrives Friday at LRP. Hope to see you all then!

--------------------
Steve B

Jeff Longo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 46
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Longo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Steve, apparently Mike is not aware that your new car is a rocket.
So polish your rocket and get ready for some stiff competition. [laughing] [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
LTD Racing
Chief Of Inappropriate Comments

Steve Berry

He's safe as long as I don't try to "bump draft" him! (Sorry...I don't have your goofy little icons!)

I really didn't recognize you with your beard!!! Nice sweater too.

--------------------
Steve B

Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: