Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » SEDiv Schedule

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: SEDiv Schedule
Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

When does the SEDiv start to work/finalize the schedule for '10? Interested in the first National of the year at PBIR/Sebring.

Thanks

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I believe that is done when the RE's meet in July.

--------------------
Paul McLester

CHIP VAN 01
WHO NEEDS EXIT SPEED WHEN YOU HAVE HORSEPOWER !!!!!

Region: FL REG
Car #: 01 02 03
Year : 90 93 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CHIP VAN 01     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Blake your going to fly all that way for a A@%#$ Whoop'n ??? [rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
www.AutoTechnikRacing.com

2010 SM NATIONAL POINTS CHAMPION
( I kicked Von C's A$$ )
2008 , 2009 and 2010 SE Division National SM Champion

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Chip, Did you get your own tools yet?

[Wink]

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Jim Creighton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Creighton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I discussed the 2010 January Nationals with both CFR & Fla Region scheduling directors at Roebling Road several weeks ago. I needed to book the hotel for the 2010 SEDiv Convention.

I was told that Florida would begin with a Double National on New Years weekend. Then, CFR would follow the next weekend with another Double National at Sebring.

Personally, I think this is a great schedule. A lot of businesses close for the week between Christmas and New Years. This schedule would enable out of division drivers to bring their families to Florida for some sun as soon as the Christmas festivities are finished. Out of Division drivers would be able to have 4 races to get their 3 out of division races. And SEDiv drivers would have their 4 races necessary to meet GCR requirements for Runoffs invites.

I'm not certain the CFR Double at Sebring is a done deal but I know it is in the works.

Hope this helps in making plans to "keep Florida green." And knowing all the "local" Florida SM racers, I'm sure they are drooling over the thoughts of fresh meat. I can hear them saying bring it on, bring it on!

--------------------
Jim Creighton
SARRC Administrator

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

So does that mean there will be 4 double nationals in SEDIV next year, 2 in Florida, VIR and Savannah?

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Creighton:
I discussed the 2010 January Nationals with both CFR & Fla Region scheduling directors at Roebling Road several weeks ago. I needed to book the hotel for the 2010 SEDiv Convention.

I was told that Florida would begin with a Double National on New Years weekend. Then, CFR would follow the next weekend with another Double National at Sebring.

Personally, I think this is a great schedule. A lot of businesses close for the week between Christmas and New Years. This schedule would enable out of division drivers to bring their families to Florida for some sun as soon as the Christmas festivities are finished. Out of Division drivers would be able to have 4 races to get their 3 out of division races. And SEDiv drivers would have their 4 races necessary to meet GCR requirements for Runoffs invites.

I'm not certain the CFR Double at Sebring is a done deal but I know it is in the works.

Hope this helps in making plans to "keep Florida green." And knowing all the "local" Florida SM racers, I'm sure they are drooling over the thoughts of fresh meat. I can hear them saying bring it on, bring it on!

Where will the "Florida" Double National on New Years weekend be?

Thanks,
Blake

--------------------
Blake Clements

www.blakeclements.com

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The "Florida" Region usually holds their Double National at PBIR with the Central Florida Region Double National the following weekend at Sebring.

--------------------
Paul McLester

Jim Creighton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Creighton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm not 100% certain that the Region has decided between Homestead or Palm Beach. Perhaps, you might let the Florida Region know which you would prefer. Send an email to the Regional Executive, John Zuccarelli @ JMZuccarelli@aol.com.

If I recall correctly, the plan was to have a test day on Thursday, qualifying on Friday, race #1 on Saturday and race # 2 on Sunday. I think they would also have short qualifying sessions each race day.

Then, CFR would have the same schedule. I also spoke to the CFR race Chairman about also having a restricted regional for IT/SM but there was concern for time. I felt with a three day schedule, the restricted regional could be included. As a matter of fact, the same restricted regional might also work at Palm Beach. Even with the new track blues this year, the races were over early enough each day to have had a one group regional.

For the SM drivers, it either allows you another session or the ability to share the car with someone else. I know a lot of you did that at Daytona. You might also include that in you opinion email if you think it be beneficial. And I am aware of the obvious of when the schedule goes bad at a National, the Regional guys get shorted.

--------------------
Jim Creighton
SARRC Administrator

Griff W Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Member - Save the green car foundation!

Region: Florida - 11
Car #: 14
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Griff W     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Think I'll drop a line to John Z... sure would like to see it at Homestead rather than PBIR. Aside from closer (and more) hotel options, PBIR needs to pave or otherwise improve the paddock; if you get relegated to the grass beyond the skidpad, you'll be coughing up black dust for days afterward.

--------------------
The best way to make a small fortune in racing is to start out with a big one.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: