Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » Sebring Sarrc?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Sebring Sarrc?
Chris Fulton

Region: CFR
Car #: #38
SMIM: gepipe@rocketmail.com
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Fulton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Any news on the Sarrc this weekend at Sebring?

Dennis Bize Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 47
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dennis Bize     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

little bit of racing. little bit of sitting around. standard race weekend.

--------------------
BSI RACING

CAVINYC.COM

Chris Fulton

Car #: #38
SMIM: gepipe@rocketmail.com
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Fulton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well thanks for clearing that up for me Dennis!!!!

How did you finish? Any drama?

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I dont know about the rest but in the front we had 2 99s and 2 1.6s. From the green flag we raced like it was the last lap. We all switched positions on almost every lap. I accidently hit Jeff in the right rear in the hairpin and knocked him sideways but we were all able to continue. In the end the first race saw Jeff (1.6) win with me second (99), and Cliff (1.6) third. Alex B who was driving Chips 99 had a very slight weight issue which caused him to be put way back in the finishing order. He was only 6 pounds light and drove one hell of a race but rules are rules. He handled it like a champ and we all knew he deserved the win. The next race saw the same kind of racing except this time Alex beat me by a car length at the finish. I dont think the top 4 were separated by more than 1 second the entire race. It was the best race I have ever been in!

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What he said... I barely pulled off 1st in both races but got relegated to 19th in the first one for being 6lbs light (and pretty much out of fuel heh). Labounty, Von C, Jamie, and Cliffy Chains drove national level qualifying laps pretty much every lap the entire weekend.

Jamie post some vids of me in the slime monster!

mtm68 Verified Driver

Region: CalClub/ SFR
Car #: 67
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mtm68     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

so 99's won both... check.

Drillmasters

Car #: 31
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drillmasters     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

To make the contingent from the Frozen North jealous - of five FlatOut cars I'm the Old Guy racer (I'm 67)- I'm also the King Wuss since got to test out the Cool Shirt both days!

--------------------
1970 NARRC Champion - D Production
1970 NER: Best Lotus (Super Seven)

ARRC 2010 Champ

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by mtm68:

Yes it did; although the results do not show it. But the 1.6s had every chance at wining and lead the race on more than one occasion. The drivers of the 1.6s felt they had a shot at the win but it really came down to a where you were in the line up with a half a lap to go.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

Yes, but Labounty (1.6)easily had the pace to win on Sat and both Von C(1.6)and Cliffy(1.6)had the pace to win on Sun. Like we've said before, there is no parity issues at Sebring, PBIR, and Homestead. [Wink]

What's more interesting in is the lack of mention of a 1.8 being anywhere near the pointy end of the field.... [Frown]

George Munson Verified Driver

Region: 83
Car #: 127
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for George Munson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It was great seeing some of the guys running Sebring last weekend and I had a lot of fun testing. It was the first time I've had the car out since Oct of last year. "Thanks" again Cliff for those parts you donated to put my car back together. I was sad however to hear Alex Santos will be stepping away from racing. He was a pleasure to run with.

See You Soon,
George Munson

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I would like to thank Jim Blaisdell, Cliff B., Carey, Alex's dad, my crew member Lo and Mike and Nick with ISC for helping me so I could repair my car after getting hit in 17 on Saturday. We worked all night replacing the right front suspension and hammering out the fender and made the race on Sunday.

--------------------
Paul McLester

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sorry I couldnt make it - sounds like it was a blast!

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Dennis Bize Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 47
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dennis Bize     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

happy birthday danny!

--------------------
BSI RACING

CAVINYC.COM

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Happy Birthday Danny! Thanks for all of your help!

--------------------
Paul McLester

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Alex Bolanos:
quote:

Yes, but Labounty (1.6)easily had the pace to win on Sat and both Von C(1.6)and Cliffy(1.6)had the pace to win on Sun. Like we've said before, there is no parity issues at Sebring, PBIR, and Homestead. [Wink]

What's more interesting in is the lack of mention of a 1.8 being anywhere near the pointy end of the field.... [Frown]

Let me start by saying I think my car is still "down on power". [help]

That being said, keeping up with the clan from the AT crew this weekend was the best time I have had in awhile. Alex, Von C, and Jamie have all helped me to become a better driver since I started, these are the guys that have taught me about being competitive in SM, the real credit goes to them.

I'm gettin closer, best thing is these guys welcome the comeptition, it just makes them that much better. My poor 1.6 is still givin em hell, I'm pretty sure I just need a few more HP...... [fight]

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Steyn:
Sorry I couldnt make it - sounds like it was a blast!

I wish you were there too!!! I am not sure how many more cars could fit side by side in 17 but I think one more would have fit. Maybe! [Eek!]

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

racerfink Verified Driver
Gig 'em Aggies

Region: Central Florida Region
Car #: 111
Year : '90 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for racerfink     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yeah, I should have just loaded up and come out anyways. The hospital told me they wanted to do my bloodwork on Friday. At 5pm, they told me nevermind, we'll just do it when you come in on the 24th. By that point, I didn't feel like doing much, so I stayed at home...

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500
http://www.AutoTechnikRacing.com
www.myspace.com/projecthband

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: