Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » Homestead - June double ECR

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Homestead - June double ECR
Mark McCallister Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just graduated from novice to rookie!!

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 40
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark McCallister     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Planning to do my first trip to Homestead in June. What do I need to know about the place??

Capt. John

Region: FL.
Car #: # 27 ITA
Year : 1986
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Capt. John     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mark....What would you like to know? Send me a PM with questions and I'll be glad to answer them.

Capt.John

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

if we are running the banks, just show up and bring some no-doz. Maybe get cruise control reinstalled. With the exception of T-1 flat out at 120mph, no real skills, just HP & drafting. [Sleep]

If we are running the infield, Great technical track "GET UP ON THE WHEEL", and bring an extra suit, chances are T-10 flat out for the first time, you'll need to change suits. [boggled]

Maybe we can get Florida region to run both configurations, 1 each day. That would bring alot more entrants I think. [thumbsup]

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Capt. John

Region: FL.
Car #: # 27 ITA
Year : 1986
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Capt. John     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yo,Senor Chains.
It was nice to talk with you in the Grid/ Pits at PBIR this past weekend. I hope you enjoyed the racing. I was very pleased that the ECR Enduro was "Green Flag" for the whole 1 1/2 hrs. ....no full course cautions at all. The group did a good job, The Double ECR at Homestead will be run using the infield course one day and the banking for NASCAR 3 & 4 the second day. This should be indicated in the Supps; but you and Jeffy already admitted to me, that sometimes they get lost and therefore remain unread. Hope to see you and the gang from the Florida left coast at HST for this event and that we will have more Green Flag racing for the whole 1 1/2hr. of the ECR Enduros Capt. John

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What are supps? [Smile]

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

jbenoit28 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 28
SMIM: .
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jbenoit28     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mark,

You should do it! I ran down there for the first time with Chin in Feb. We used both configurations. I liked them both. Cliff if right about the pucker factor in Turn 10, you might get a little Nomex stuck between your cheeks.

Joe

--------------------
What does this button do??

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Capt. John:
Yo,Senor Chains.
This should be indicated in the Supps; but you and Jeffy already admitted to me, that sometimes they get lost and therefore remain unread.

John, our whole group had a blast this last weekend, You guys did a hell of a great job, I wish more drivers would come out to PBIR, it really is a challenging track. The dragstrip next door with the 1000+ hp motors reminds me of Drago and Chip warming up on grid.... [Big Grin] [rolling on floor laughin]

Now that we are running both config's we need to push to get as many people signed up as possible, Jeffy and I need a Supps page with Just pictures? [thumbsup]

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thats great news!! It should be a good time.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark McCallister     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If all goes well, I'll be there!

Thanks to Capt John for sending me some pointers!

Can anyone point me to some in-car video from there? I couldn't find much in the way of in-car spec miata race vid from there on youtube...

Krys Dean

Region: Florida
Car #: 44
Year : 2000
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Krys Dean   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey guys, this link is to the supps for the Homestead Race, these are for Cliffy and Jamie, BUT any of you may read them (she chortles at her levity)

http://floridaregionscca.com/Entry%20Forms/2010/June%2...Enduro_Supps_Schedule.pdf

The link below is to online registration, Hope to see all of you at Homestead,You guys always put on a heck of a show.

http://www.dlbracing.com/drivers/login.aspx?return...entID%3d4364%26LMID%3d724

--------------------
Krys Dean

Homestead was a fun trip! Enjoyed the track and the friendly cast of characters. Good to see all the youngsters in the driver's school. My wife asked if some of them were really old enough to drive. [Smile] The Sunday morning boating trip was especially fun. [yep]

Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The event was fun, I wish we would run the infield more often though!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: