Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » Atlanta National

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Atlanta National
Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

National Race finishing order

1. Andrew Von C
2. M Pombo
3. Cliff Brown
4. Alex Balonos
5 Jamie Tucker

Pro IT
1. M Pombo
2. Danny Steyn
3. Jamie Tucker

[ 05-24-2010, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: Jamie Tucker ]

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great racing with all the usual suspects. Qualified well in both events, but in mornning warm up got the dreaded '99 electrical gremlin. Changed out all the usual parts, but it was there in the National and I just moved backwards really quickly.

Congrats to Andrew for another fine win in the National. After I pulled in I got to watch the last 6 laps - a real ding-dong race up front with Cliffie, ANdrew and Mark exchanging the lead every lap. What Spec Miata is all about.

Between races we changed all the goodies out again and then some, and this time we nailed it. Had a great race with Mark in the Pro-IT. Kept a sheet of paper wedged between our bumpers for 22 laps. Fun stuff. Jamie kept us honest, never falling more than a few seconds back and he gained over the final laps.

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

George Munson Verified Driver

Region: 83
Car #: 127
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for George Munson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Danny,

What was the electrical issue and how was it repaired. I'm just looking to learn what to look for on the "99's".

Thanks

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

George
do not know what cured it. Over the weekend we replaced everything
[*]crank sensor
[*]cam sensor
[*]O2 sensor
[*]throttle position sensor
[*]coil pack
[*]coil harness
[*]plugs
[*]fuel pump
[*]throttle body Air flow sensor
[*]rechecked gap on crank sensor
[*]pinched the connectors on cam sensor

Normally it is crank sensor, sometimes O2 sensor - but this was the first time that we didnt cure it on the first try. Car misfired in the National, but we had it fixed for the Pro-IT

Road Atlanta's curbs are very violent, especially T3 jump, T5 exit, and T10A/10B razor backs and they shake the car violently. Not surprising stuff goes bad or comes loose.

--------------------
Danny
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Icon 1 posted  Profile for George Munson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks,

Thats a nice little spares list, it could come in handy one day. [thumbsup]

Park close to OPM - Tom has it all!!!!

--------------------
Danny
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to Von C, great Job by all the AT crew 5 of the top 6 not bad... was Jeffy in his 1.6, in 6th place, the first 1.6 in the Natl. Race??

Knuckles has been puttin on a show these last few weeks, great job again by the midget with a helmet.

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

-Bob-

Icon 1 posted  Profile for -Bob-     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I hope that raunchy fuel smell last night around 6:30 was not from a SM pumping out their fuel tank.

ARRC 2010 Champ

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by -Bob-:
I hope that raunchy fuel smell last night around 6:30 was not from a SM pumping out their fuel tank.

That was the smell coming from all of our Autotechnik cars! You know the ones running up front every week. Its funny that you said that because you are the 4th person (all located in the same area) to claim or infer we were on fuel. I guess when the competition is getting there ass kicked they start grasping at straws.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
Originally posted by Cliffy Chains:
Congrats to Von C, great Job by all the AT crew 5 of the top 6 not bad... was Jeffy in his 1.6, in 6th place, the first 1.6 in the Natl. Race??

Knuckles has been puttin on a show these last few weeks, great job again by the midget with a helmet.

Jeff was in his 1.6 and started DFL. He would have been right there but had an electrical gremlin that gave him trouble in qualifying. Alex Balonos also did a great job in his new ride as did Cliff Brown and the rest of the Goon Squad at AT.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

racerfink Verified Driver
Gig 'em Aggies

Region: Central Florida Region
Car #: 111
Year : '90 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for racerfink     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm just gonna say that at the Turkey Trot, Jeff let me use an old set of front pads he had. In exchange, I went into town and bought some 87 Octane pump gas for his rental and my car. I know he ran that fuel, cause all his fuel jugs were empty. Von C ran a 2:37.6 in that race.

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500
http://www.AutoTechnikRacing.com
www.myspace.com/projecthband

Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by racerfink:
I'm just gonna say that at the Turkey Trot, Jeff let me use an old set of front pads he had. In exchange, I went into town and bought some 87 Octane pump gas for his rental and my car. I know he ran that fuel, cause all his fuel jugs were empty. Von C ran a 2:37.6 in that race.

I still remember the day the guys told me to stop buying 93 octane fuel because 87 worked just as well... I thought they were pulling my rookie chain lol

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
Originally posted by Alex Bolanos:
quote:

I still remember the day the guys told me to stop buying 93 octane fuel because 87 worked just as well... I thought they were pulling my rookie chain lol
Thats because you are to good! After you put 87 in your car we all laughed and started using race fuel [yep]

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Tucker:
quote:
quote:

Thats because you are to good! After you put 87 in your car we all laughed and started using race fuel [yep]
LMFAO! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Tucker:
quote:
quote:

[nope] [flamed] [fight] [boggled]

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

[rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin] [laughing] [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

mark pombo Verified Driver
2005 ARRC Winner

Region: southeast
Car #: 10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mark pombo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I will say this, Von C was wheeling his SM this weekend. Haven't struggled to stay with anyone at Road Atlanta through the twisty stuff in a long time, but he had mine and Cliff's number on this day.

--------------------
Mark Pombo
Pombo Racing/PFM Engineering

Matthew Van Vurst

Region: florida region
Car #: 08
SMIM: sm
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Matthew Van Vurst   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mark, you are a class act! Not complaining that someone is cheating in front of a bunch of people but noticing a wheelman when you see it.once again you are a class act! oh and yeah that boy can drive! [yep]

--------------------
Do you smell something delicious cooking in the oven? SHAKE AND BAKE!

Matt,

No truer words have spoken. Mark is certainly a class act on and off the track. And if I could only wheel a car like Von C I'd have a future in racing. Our sport is better having both of these guys in our class. [thumbsup]

mat pombo Verified Driver

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 01
Year : '90 & '99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mat pombo   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My young Jedi is a class act. First off, I would like to say to all on this site that life is too short to worry about some of the stuff people are propagating. If you have first hand knowledge that someone is cheating you have two choices: protest or move on. Otherwise, all else is hearsay and frankly frustrates the crap out of me to propagate falsities through third party web banter.

Charb, Chip, Danny, my brother, Jamie, Alex B, Todd B, Jeffey boy, and many others in our division are some of the top flight SM drivers in the country.

We are fortunate to have this level to race with at every event as it makes us all better. Mark and I have been accused of cheating for years, that never is done to our face. But the fact is, never have we had a part found out of compliance at 5 runoffs, or any race ever for that matter that would substantiate those accusations. It's an unfortunate product of success, that over the years we have taken as a complement. All of the drivers above are in that same boat, so unless you can prove something definitively through a protest it is not fair to try to taint someone's awesome race with accusations that they are so fast because they cheat.

Just my 2 cents. Finishing third at the runoffs was awesome this past year and we had an great race with lots of action that should of been the focus, however, all I received were pm's from the sm community (none in the SEDIV) of how the top 5 were cheaters and didn't deserve anything. That's pretty wrong, when all made it through tech and were 100% compliant.

All I ask is if you are going to come on here and propagate something against someone's reputation without evidence, please realize that one day you may win a race too due to your racing ability and imagine if people say it's not you that won, but your cheater car without any evidence to back it up on a public forum.

Lets all grow up and continue to be the awesome community in the southeast that we have been for years.

Sorry, long morning. I need a little coombayaaa!

mat

ARRC 2010 Champ

Mat you could not have said it any better. I finished 5th and 3rd last week to drivers (not cars) that were better than me. That only makes me drive better which is now starting to show. I'm glad to be part of the Sediv as we have some of the best drivers around.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: