Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » CCR/CMP Memorial Monster

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: CCR/CMP Memorial Monster
E-Speed Motorsports Verified Driver

Region: CCR/NCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for E-Speed Motorsports     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

CCR/CMP Memorial Monster

Congratulations to Gary Giles on his Saturday CCPS win! I had a chance to speak with Gary several times during the weekend. He had a very up and down weekend with his SM. Those OPM guys are good! Great win Gary!

Great run by Dan Tiley for second. You had that JO car in the wind all weekend!

Congrats to George Fusner on his Sunday CCPS win in a good looking brand new race car! It's always good to break in a new car with a win! George, I really enjoyed talking with you and your Dad this weekend. If you ever need anything and we can help, just ask.

You guys need to take note of Nash Lawson's beautiful second place finish. He was real strong all week end.

Congrats to ALL the CCPS participants. With out all of you making the CCPS series as great as it is, CCPS would not be much of anything. Way to go all!

Sorry, between all of the running of CCPS hoopdee, trying to keep the 00 car turned around and ready for it's next time on track, and all the paddock drama and rumors that are always present, I don't know how the SARRC's went. Congrats to all of you guys too.

Speaking of keeping the 00 ready to go, them new Ponys worked great Bob! Thanks for your help.

--------------------
everything was fine after they got the fire put out.

E-Speed Motorsports
Race Engineering

Gary Giles Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 98
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gary Giles     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Cool race weekend at CMP. Between SARRC and CCPS, a lot of track time. A big thanks to OPM and Race Engineering for my first race win ever on Saturday. Thanks also to the Carolina Cup folks for the show!! Really nice people.

I can't say enough about OPM. Tom, Ryan, Bob and Chris are just a great group of guys to work with. Something broke in the left rear in Saturday's SARRC race. Luckily, I felt the rear of the car twitch down the front straight and had slowed the car down before the wheel came off. Ryan and Bob at OPM got me fixed up in plenty of time for the CCPS an hour or so later. Great work!! And just in time for the rain!! [One neat thing about Saturday's SARRC race was getting to watch the rest of the SM race from the carousel flag stand. The lean and the drift of the SMs through the carousel is impressive.]

Lots of RE motors out front this weekend. Alex and Dan were setting a fast pace for everyone all weekend. Congrats to Alex on his 6th SARRC win of the season on Saturday. [thumbsup] A nice win for George in Sunday's CCPS! He was fast all weekend in his new 99 and they were still in the process of shaking it out. Alex decided to give the rest of us a chance in the SARRC race on Sunday and took the day off. Glenn Stephens took full advantage for the win. (You just wouldn't go away would you?) Congrats on the win Glenn!

Met, laughed and raced with a lot great folks over the weekend. Dan, Estes, Andrew, Nash, Chuck, Stephen, and always, the Bertoks. Looking forward to next time.

Fun hanging out with the OPM cast of characters. Good shindig Saturday night. [group hug] I was a little puzzled Sunday morning when Tom asked if we had washed and returned the paper plates. I couldn't quite figure out if he is an environmentalist or just plain cheap. [Big Grin] (Okay, that's a lie. I know the answer.) Robbie, tough break with the spinning SRF. Hope you are back on track soon. You were definitely dialed in for Sunday.

A great reminder of why we are club racing. This was John Lakanen's second race weekend and he finished 14th on Sunday, but given the big smile on his face after the race, you would of thought he won the damn race. Another crack-addict is born.

My apologies to Steve Bertok for my screw up in Sunday's CCPS. I was so busy trying to figure out what the Porsche was going to do, that I completely missed my braking point. I tried to make up for it a little later in the race with the bump on the backstretch. Hope it helped.

--------------------
“Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.” ~~ Mark Twain

Dan Tiley Verified Driver Series Champ
Are you followin' me, camera guy???

Region: SEDIV
Car #: 33
Year : Whatever's Available!
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Definitely good times for us at CMP. Luckily Jason Owenby bought in to my sob story that my new car wasn't finished yet and insisted that I run his rocketship. We had insane RE horsepower and, after a few adjustments, hit on a rock solid setup during the test day.

Racing in the rain was a hoot in Saturday's CCPS. Gary was definitely the rain-meister. I think he might have been privy to a few secrets that he wasn't letting me in on for a rain soaked CMP.... particularly in T8. Anyway, congrats on a strong and well-deserved win!

Sunday apparently wasn't our day. We started off from the pole with a great side by side drag race with Koller through the kink, leading to flipped mirrors for both of us [Smile] We led the race flag to flag. Unfortunately, our late pit strategy didn't quite pan out when the double yellow came out with 10 mins to go and finished that way, blocking us from making a pit stop, dropping us from a win to a DQ. [banghead] Anyway, congrats to George on hanging in there for that win.... You and your buddies worked your butts off getting that car out on track, and it paid off! Consider this your birthday present few days early [Smile]

So you win some and lose some, but either way there are always great laughs with the OPM, Panic and RE crews. This whole racing gig never seems to make sense on paper, but somehow does once you get to the track. We'll see you at the next one!

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Sponsored by Race Engineering

Spec Miata's fastest and best supported engine program!

SamBarnett Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NASA MA / SCCA CCR
Car #: 6
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SamBarnett   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations to Gaines on the Saturday SARRC win. Way to go wrapping up that 6th win!

Amazing CCPS rain race on Saturday. Great job Gary on taking your first win!

I wasn't at the track for the Sunday races but I heard they were great.

Way to go Fusner for pulling off the Sunday CCPS win in a car that was still being built late Friday night!

Nice job by Glenn Stephens to get the Sunday SARRC win!

4 different Race Engineering engines won in the 4 races. 3 were 1.6's and 1 was a 99. Looks like RE is the engine package to have this year!

--------------------
Race Engineering - Championship Winning Engines
Carbotech Performance Brakes
CDOC

andrew_anderson
National Member

Region: SC region and buccaneer
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for andrew_anderson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by SamBarnett:
Congratulations to Gaines on the Saturday SARRC win. Way to go wrapping up that 6th win!

Amazing CCPS rain race on Saturday. Great job Gary on taking your first win!

I wasn't at the track for the Sunday races but I heard they were great.

Way to go Fusner for pulling off the Sunday CCPS win in a car that was still being built late Friday night!

Nice job by Glenn Stephens to get the Sunday SARRC win!

4 different Race Engineering engines won in the 4 races. 3 were 1.6's and 1 was a 99. Looks like RE is the engine package to have this year!

Ditto!

--------------------
Dish NetworkNew Dish Network customers receive a $40 rebate if you are an SCCA member!
Race Engineering. Championship winning engines.
Carbotech Brakes
Panic Motorsports
Low Country Communications
2343 Main HWY
Bamberg, SC 29003

410Lite

Region: Southeast
Car #: 6 and 06
Year : 1991 and 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for 410Lite     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had a blast this past weekend. There was some awesome racing. I really want to thank Bobby Ray Thornton for all his help and the awesome power! It was my first time driving a '99 and man what a difference in torque! I also want to thank Dan Tiley for the awesome cage and great electrical work [Roll Eyes] Thanks also to Steve Bertok for all the parts and help with my wrecked 1.6.

Congrats to Giles for his first win!! It feels good to finally get the first one out of the way.

--------------------
George Fusner SM#6 and 06
Sponsors:
Race Engineering
Thanks Bob for all your help and wisdom.
Carbotech
Ray Helms Body Shop
Thanks for all the help, I couldn't do it without all of you guys.

Bob Thornton - Race Engineering Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber. - Sir Winston Churchill

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 48
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bob Thornton - Race Engineering   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Had a blast at CMP great racing, congrats to all.
How about that Gary Giles, way to go dude.

Thanks for the kind words, glad to be a part of it all. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Bob Thornton
http://www.raceengineering.org
Race Engineering Championship Winning Engines

E-Speed Motorsports Verified Driver

Region: CCR/NCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for E-Speed Motorsports     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey, how many saw the snake on coarse? In impound Ess said he ran over a snake. A SRF driver said yep,
the 00 car hit it and came out from under the car airborne. He said that it hit the nose of his Spec Racer and bounced over his head. He said it's a good thing that it did not come in the cockpit with him because there would been one hell of a wreck when he gave controls of the car to the snake. Man, you just can't make up good stories like that. Can you imagine the look on that snakes eyes when he realized that he was now a race car driver??

--------------------
everything was fine after they got the fire put out.

E-Speed Motorsports
Race Engineering

Alex Gaines Verified Driver

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 77
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Gaines   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations to Gary for his first win, George in the CCPS, and Glenn for the SAARC. I had a great race on Saturday but my truck broke down on the way to the track Sunday. RE power was in tune as always , but whats even better is the Race Engineering track side support. Bob has been there at the track all season long and I can't thank him enough. Four different race winners, one thing in common " yellow birdies". Great seeing the OPM crew. Had a blast. See everyone at RR on the 4th.

--------------------
2010 SARRC Champion
2010 13 Hours of VIR Champions
Race Engineering

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to all this past weekend.

Gary especially on your first win - bet you are grinning ear to ear still. SERIOUS CONGRATS.

Alex, you are having a stellar season. Keep it up. Sorry you didnt make Sundays race.

George congrats on the new car and result. Hope to see you on the track soon.

Glenn - congrats for Sunday's race. Havent seen you for a long time - look forward to mixing it up.

Congrats Bob on a sweep this weekend with your RE engines.

Been away from the SARRC's for too long - traveling to keep my business afloat and doing select nationals. Need to come and have some fun with my buddies in the SARRC's.

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

E-4 Verified Driver

Region: CCR and NCR
Car #: 00
Year : early 1600
Icon 1 posted  Profile for E-4     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

great job guys! thanks to the E-SPEED crew for getting me through another race weekend.
special thanks to Dan Tiley for listening to my setup problems and coming up with solutions!... its just hard to tame all that RE power we have bolted in the car now!
hope to see you all back at the track so we can do it all again!

--------------------
first or last baby. thats the way we do it!

E-Speed Motorsports
Race Engineering

panic motorsports Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: SCR
Car #: 90
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for panic motorsports   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Always a great time, and hate to say it, the talent pool in the CCPS is getting even deeper! We missed the call to grid saturday (DURING the thunderstorm?! what's up with that??) and started from the back. To say that was an exciting run would be an understatement. Getting turned around early Sunday made for the same scenario, but that's racing. Gary, thanks for the second [Wink] nudge sunday, I kept catching those cars at the wrong places.

Gary, shoulda been two wins, we were all on the fence ready to moon ya. Alex, 6 wins, 'nuff said. Glen, got one back from the missed shift on Saturday, eh? George, that win is a payback from last season at VIR isn't it [Smile]

Can't say enough about the RE ponies and the Carbotech brakes to whoa them down. Seems like lots of peeps are catching on, kinda takes the advantage away [Smile] See you guys at Roebling July 4th!

--------------------
Steve and Becca Bertok
#90 SM 2008/2009 Carolina Cup Pro Series SM champions.
2010 VIR 13 hour enduro victorious! www.panicmotorsports.com
Need a salvage Miata part? We've got that!

OPM AUTOSPORTS INC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 60 65 67
Year : 1990 1999 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for OPM AUTOSPORTS INC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to all this past wknd, great racing, great friends, good times. Thats what SE SM racing is all about.
Gary- Great 1st win and great driving all wknd. That Auburn car was up front every race.
Glenn- 2 wins in 3 SARRC's this year.Nice
Alex- nice win on Sat, but not very exciting. Need to work on that.
George- way to go, win with a car you were finishing all wknd.
RE Power wins all 4 races !!
Thanks Panic for the parts and all the SAND in the new pit vehicle.

--------------------
-Tom Fowler-
OPM Autosports / SMAC MEMBER
http://www.opmautosports.com

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: