Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » Double/Double at Roebling Road (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  next » 

Author Topic: Double/Double at Roebling Road
Butch Kummer

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Butch Kummer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just wanted to let you know that registration is now open for the Louella Cook Memorial Double SARRC / Double ECR that will be held at Roebling Road the weekend of July 2-4. Due to a miscommunication the wrong entry fees were originally posted, but that has now been corrected:

. Single SARRC - $235
. Double SARRC - $375
. Single ECR - $275
. Double ECR - $450
. "All Four" package - $750

Supps and Schedule can be found at http://www.sedivracing.org (about halfway down).

Registration is via MSR: http://www.motorsportreg.com

See y'all there...

Butch Kummer

--------------------
Atlanta Region Asst. RE, Competition Director

TURNINGLT4SPONSOR

Icon 1 posted  Profile for TURNINGLT4SPONSOR     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hard on the SM guys who want to run both SARRC and ECR. Back to back qualifers!! How about swapping groups 1 and 2?

Butch Kummer

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Butch Kummer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Makes sense. I'll pass that suggestion along to the Race Chair.

--------------------

Scott Malbon Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Blue Ridge Region (103), SEDiv
Car #: 52
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scott Malbon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The schedule shows qualifying for SARRC (SM group 1) on Friday for both Saturday and Sunday. But Saturday and Sunday both show qualifying for races that day. Are there two qualifying sessions? This is an unusual schedule.

Scott

Butch Kummer

Friday has qualifying for ECR-1, two qualifying sessions for the SARRC groups (one for Saturday's race, the second for Sunday's race), then the first ECR.

Saturday starts with ECR qualifying for ECR-2, then SARRC qualifying for that day's races, the Saturday SARRC races, then ends up with ECR-2.

Sunday has SARRC qualifying followed by SARRC races. No ECR sessions at all on Sunday.

Yes, this is different than a two-day Double SARRC that has qualifying/race, qualifying/race. And yes, there are two qualifying sessions available for each of the SARRC races but you can still participate even if you can't get to the track on Friday. Obviously running on Friday improves your chances of a good qualifying time, but (for some folks) it also improves your chances of running into someone. [Big Grin]

BTW - The Chief Steward has submitted an RFA to switch groups 1 & 2 and fully expects the SOM to approve it. We'll post again when all the T's are dotted and I's are crossed, but count on NOT having back-to-back sessions if you're running ECR and SARRC.

BK

--------------------

Jim Creighton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Creighton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The schedule is written so that you will have a full day of qualifying for SARRC and ECR on Friday with the first ECR race at the end of the day on Friday. The first SARRC qualifying session on Friday is for the Saturday SARRC races and the second qualifying is for the Sunday races.

We knew there was a possibility that some SARRC drivers would not be able to do all three days so we included another qualifying session for Saturdays races on Saturday morning plus the Saturday ECR race. Sunday will be a shorter day since there is no ECR race. That way, everyone can race and head home at a reasonable hour.

The Chief Steward has asked the SOM to reverse the current posted group 1 (SM) and group 2-small Formula. That way, SM will not have back to back qualifying for the ECR & SARRC.

I hope everyone will support this race since it is a Division sponsored race. I kind of went out on a limb by suggesting this race replace the traditional July 4th Double National. The National race number had fallen off and I felt the Double SARRC & Double ECR would provide more of our Division racers with a chance to compete at a fun race track, Roebling Road.

With this schedule, the SM & IT classes have a chance to get in nearly 6 hours of track time.

Since it is a holiday weekend, I suggest that all of you bring your families. It is a short drive from the race track to the beach at Tybee Island. In addition, Tybee Island will have a fireworks show on Saturday night. The River Front area and downtown Savannah also provide a days worth of just good old tourist sights. Then, you can join them for the evening at one of Savannah's great restaurants.

Toni & I hope to see all of you there. July 4th is her birthday so it's always a big weekend for us. Cake anyone?

--------------------
Jim Creighton
SARRC Administrator

Craig Heyl

Car #: 00
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Craig Heyl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Last year's July 4th weekend was great, so I'll be back this year. Even better now that we have regional sprint and the ECRs. Lots of racing and track time. Bringing the family down too.

Craig

--------------------
Craig Heyl
Decatur Speed Shop
404-375-6025
Atlanta Region SCCA
NASA - SE
craigheyl@mac.com

Jim Creighton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Creighton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The SOM approved the change in the schedule. Spec Miata will now be group 2 so that there will be a session between the ECR and the SARRC qualifying.

I'm not sure whether it will get changed on the Supps page since that is up to the race chairman.

Should lots of fun especially if I can get Fowler motivated to run. After all, he does have to have three races entered in order to race at the SIC.

I have numerous requests for another shot at the "I Beat Fowler" buttons awarded to those who accomplished this feat at the 2009 SIC. I only had to have 3 buttons made in 2009 so I still have $$ in the budget.

Another reminder to those who might want to run the Runoffs this year. Normally, entering the Runoffs makes a driver ineligible for the SIC. However, this year, a driver will only be ineligible if they finish in the top six at the Runoffs. However, everyone must enter at least three SARRC races in order to compete at the SIC.

If you haven't competed at a SARRC race yet this year, you can get your SIC eligibility by racing the July 4th races and either the Sebring Double SARRC in August or the Barber Double in September.

Everyone had a great time at the SIC in 2009 and hopefully we we can have a full track of Spec Miatas. At the SIC, Spec Miata has its own group.

See everyone in July.

--------------------
Jim Creighton
SARRC Administrator

-Bob-

Icon 1 posted  Profile for -Bob-     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Butch and Jim,

Thanks to all who made that happen. We appreciate the effort.

Hotshoe

Region: NCR
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Hotshoe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Creighton:
Everyone had a great time at the SIC in 2009

Almost Everyone,

My fun ended in turn 1 along with Steyn and Adamczyk.

I'm glad it did not cost Steyn the championship. Guess that is why nothing happened to the culprit.

It's not what you do, it's who you are that matters....

Flame On........... [soapbox]

I feel better now........ For what that is worth.

OPM AUTOSPORTS INC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 60 65 67
Year : 1990 1999 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for OPM AUTOSPORTS INC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
The SOM approved the change in the schedule. Spec Miata will now be group 2 so that there will be a session between the ECR and the SARRC qualifying.

I'm not sure whether it will get changed on the Supps page since that is up to the race chairman.

Should lots of fun especially if I can get Fowler motivated to run. After all, he does have to have three races entered in order to race at the SIC.

I have numerous requests for another shot at the "I Beat Fowler" buttons awarded to those who accomplished this feat at the 2009 SIC. I only had to have 3 buttons made in 2009 so I still have $$ in the budget.

Another reminder to those who might want to run the Runoffs this year. Normally, entering the Runoffs makes a driver ineligible for the SIC. However, this year, a driver will only be ineligible if they finish in the top six at the Runoffs. However, everyone must enter at least three SARRC races in order to compete at the SIC.

If you haven't competed at a SARRC race yet this year, you can get your SIC eligibility by racing the July 4th races and either the Sebring Double SARRC in August or the Barber Double in September.

Everyone had a great time at the SIC in 2009 and hopefully we we can have a full track of Spec Miatas. At the SIC, Spec Miata has its own group.

See everyone in July.

I am trying but the rental cars have been in use alot this year and we can not charge when the old guy is in them. We are bringing about 6 cars down on the 4th and maybe a spare ! Hope to see everyone there and thanks to all who put this on.

--------------------
-Tom Fowler-
OPM Autosports / SMAC MEMBER
http://www.opmautosports.com

John A - 5X Racing Verified Driver
www.5xracing.com

Region: NASA FL / CFR SCCA
Car #: 25
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Hotshoe:
quote:
Everyone had a great time at the SIC in 2009

Almost Everyone,

My fun ended in turn 1 along with Steyn and Adamczyk.

I'm glad it did not cost Steyn the championship. Guess that is why nothing happened to the culprit.

It's not what you do, it's who you are that matters....

Flame On........... [soapbox]

I feel better now........ For what that is worth.

Ricky,

You stole my reply! I was going to say the same thing, my 09 SIC was horrible and definitely no fun starting with the "Lap 1, Turn 1 incident". At least you came home with a car that could drive. My SIC came to a tragic end on lap 8 when I was following you going over the hill into 9 and ended up taking the front left off of my car by means of my good friend George as he was stuck in the middle of the track, all the while thinking I nearly killed him from the contact. Scary stuff and definitely not a good memory.

All spilled milk by now as everybody was ok and the cars lived to be repaired and raced again, but I sure can't say that I want to give the SIC another go like I have in previous years. Everyone seems to go a little bit too nuts at the SIC, last years "lap 1, turn 1" proves it. I would rather continue racing rather then sacrifice my car for bragging rights. I say all this but I will probably end up there anyways, Roebling is an addiction... Hopefully I can get my fix from an ECR/SARRC in July.

Wow! I feel better now too! Throw me into the fire too [flamed]

--------------------
John Adamczyk

Owner: 5X Racing Online Race Shop
Driver: Team 5X Racing #25 Spec Miata
NASA FL Race Director
Race Engineering Powered 1.6

Butch Kummer

quote:

Besides the Sebring and Barber Double SARRCs, we'll also have a Double SARRC at Road Atlanta the weekend of July 17 & 18. So yes, even if you have zero SARRC points right now you can still get your "six best" in easily before the SIC.

BK

--------------------

Hotshoe

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Hotshoe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by John A - 5x Racing:
Wow! I feel better now too! Throw me into the fire too [flamed] [/QB]

John, That is way to funny.....wish I had found the burning smiley....

I feel a sense of closure now..... [laughing]

Matthew Van Vurst

Region: florida region
Car #: 08
SMIM: sm
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Matthew Van Vurst   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I can't wait! love Roebling Road..last year we had a blast at this weekend. See you all there.

--------------------
Do you smell something delicious cooking in the oven? SHAKE AND BAKE!

Steve D. Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Once you get past the gag reflex, the jelly ain't bad!

Car #: 30
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve D.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by OPM AUTOSPORTS INC:
I am trying but the rental cars have been in use alot this year and we can not charge when the old guy is in them.

Tom -

Blow the dust off my 99 and race it!! Give me a button, hand the car back with all its fenders [Smash] and we're square. [yep]

TURNINGLT4SPONSOR

Icon 1 posted  Profile for TURNINGLT4SPONSOR     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Butch and Jim
Thanks for hearing and changing the schedule. It is very much appreciated.

SM Guys MAN UP run the double/double/double/double. Support this division race weekend. Where else can you get 6 hours track time fender to fender in one weekend? I know LeMans this weekend, but it doesn't count.

Chris Fulton

Region: CFR
Car #: #38
SMIM: gepipe@rocketmail.com
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Fulton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

all signed up for the DBL/DBL/DBL/DBL. Can't wait!

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by OPM ---- Old People Motorsports:

I am trying but the rental cars have been in use alot this year and we can not charge when the old guy is in them. We are bringing about 6 cars down on the 4th and maybe a spare ! Hope to see everyone there and thanks to all who put this on.

Translation---I heard the Guys from Florida are coming , I'm really worried, I'd rather sit and watch?? [Big Grin]

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Cliffy Chains:
quote:

Translation---I heard the Guys from Florida are coming , I'm really worried, I'd rather sit and watch?? [Big Grin]
OMG... I am about to get sick [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Cliffy Chains

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Big daddy dont need to worry bout Roebling. [Big Grin]

3 words - Sprints , Von C, Kleenex tissues [help]

--------------------
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Big daddy dont need to worry bout Roebling. [Big Grin]

3 words - Sprints , Von C, Kleenex tissues [help]

Is that really only three words? [duck]
Von C is on a roll... Wouldnt bet against him either

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

David Dewhurst
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for David Dewhurst     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
[QB] [QUOTE]Originally posted by OPM ---- Old People Motorsports:

[

[rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Have Fun [Wink]

David Dewhurst
CenDiv
Milwaukee Region
Spec Miata #14

Icon 1 posted  Profile for OPM AUTOSPORTS INC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:

I may be old but how did you explain to all your Mr T starter kit buddies that you got beat by a Sr citizen at the SIC ? Even after you tried to spin me in turn 1 lap 1. [duck]

--------------------
-Tom Fowler-

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:
quote:

I may be old but how did you explain to all your Mr T starter kit buddies that you got beat by a Sr citizen at the SIC ? Even after you tried to spin me in turn 1 lap 1. [duck]
He explained it like this; even a blind squirrel gets a nut on occasion! [yep]

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Cliffy Chains

If I had tried to spin anybody, it would have been someone I didn't like.
I like you, you remind me of "old yeller".

Old dawg, blind squirrel, Tom Fowler, pretty much all synonyms.

Yes, you whopped my A$$ last year, No excuses from me....Hopefully this year we can all "just get along". [group hug]

--------------------
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

quote:

Yes, you whopped my A$$ last year, No excuses from me....Hopefully this year we can all "just get along". [group hug]

I didn't say you did it on purpose, I did not even know it was you. I will bring my down on power 1.6 and you bring yours and you give me a head start for being old and blind and all and we will see what happens. [yep]

--------------------
-Tom Fowler-

David Dewhurst
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for David Dewhurst     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Tom, even tho I was [rolling on floor laughin] at the Old People MotorSports connotation some people should remember, age & treachery usually beats youth & exuberance. [yep]

--------------------
Have Fun [Wink]

David Dewhurst
CenDiv
Milwaukee Region
Spec Miata #14

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:

I didn't say you did it on purpose, I did not even know it was you. I will bring my down on power 1.6 and you bring yours and you give me a head start for being old and blind and all and we will see what happens. [yep]
I heard his "down on power" 1.6 beat both of the "up on power" 99s at the Homestead oval. [Wink]

And nothing you own is slow either.

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Cliffy Chains

quote:
Originally posted by Blake Clements:
quote:

I heard his "down on power" 1.6 beat both of the "up on power" 99s at the Homestead oval. [Wink]

And nothing you own is slow either. [/QB]

Blake: I'm not feeling the love here!! [Frown]

The Kid was driving, that should explain everything.. [thumbsup]

Blind Man: No head starts, Your faster Blind there than most 20/20 drivers, not to mention your 1.6 probably has mine by at least 10 [shame]

--------------------
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

ARRC 2010 Champ

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:
quote:

Both?

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

quote:
quote:
quote:

Blind Man: No head starts, Your faster Blind there than most 20/20 drivers, not to mention your 1.6 probably has mine by at least 10 [shame] [/QB]

Wow Bling and B.S. at the same time, you are talented.

--------------------
-Tom Fowler-

Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Tucker:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Both?
Chippy, Matt, and Boshell/Jeffy... [Cool]

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Blind Man: No head starts, Your faster Blind there than most 20/20 drivers, not to mention your 1.6 probably has mine by at least 10 [shame]

Wow Bling and B.S. at the same time, you are talented. [/QB]
LOL! [Big Grin]

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

And this is why I like the SEDiv.... [Wink]

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

MegaModerator

quote:
And this is why I like the SEDiv.... [Wink]

I like it because it makes me feel far more normal when I hang around with those guys [Big Grin] [Eek!]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Jim Creighton

Well, I waited a week to see if anyone would reply to Drago's comment about hanging out with the SEDiv guys made him feel normal. I've spent a great deal of impound time in the past couple of years with our SEDiv guys and normal has never been a word I put with the experience!

Anyhow, now that all the hot dogs are away at Road America pounding their chests, it's time for all the rest of you to sign up for the big July 4th races. With over 5 hours of track time and a SM only field (so far), you need to come play. We still have about 14 spots left in the ECR field (track limit about 52 cars).

With Fowler in the field for the Double/Double, this will be an indicator of how many "I Beat Fowler" buttons I will have to order for the SIC. I had this weird idea that I could come up with a super award for any driver who could beat him at the Double/Double and the SIC but I couldn't think of a fitting award.

If you haven't registered yet, you only have four days left before registration closes (costs more $$ then). Don't forget that we'll have socials after both Friday and Saturday races. One of the socials is a low country boil and is open to everyone. Sarah Snider, the Race Chairman, lives in the coastal area of North Carolina and brings fresh shrimp. In addition, local seafood from Savannah is added for a super low country boil cookout. There will also be liquid refreshment for those of you who require it.

See everyone next Friday.

--------------------
Jim Creighton
SARRC Administrator

Hotshoe

quote:

sign up for the big July 4th races. With over 5 hours of track time and a SM only field (so far), you need to come play. We still have about 14 spots left in the ECR field (track limit about 52 cars).

If you haven't registered yet, you only have four days left before registration closes (costs more $$ then).See everyone next Friday.

Jim,

... I would like to run the ECRs but do not have a crew to help fuel the car. Is there anyone out there that would want to help? If so I will sign up for the full boat. [yep]

... RT

Jarhead Made Donation to Website

Region: 34
Car #: 89,90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jarhead     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll fuel the car. Bring beer!!

--------------------
Problem Solved/ReelScreensSE/RE Power

Signed up!

Hotshoe

quote:
Originally posted by Jarhead:
I'll fuel the car. Bring beer!!

Wow,

.... Thanks for all the responses.... I should ask more often [scratchchin]

.... See you there Andrew..... I appreciate it. [thumbsup]

Marlboro Mafia Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Marlboro Mafia     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

ARRC 2010 Champ

I want to give a shout out to Matt Vanvurst who had a great weekend. He won the 2nd ECR and was fast all weekend. Good job Matt!!! Also Alex B had a good weekend winning the first SARRC race in a 1.6 and Alex Gaines did great winning the 2nd in his 1.6. Good job all!

[ 07-05-2010, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Jamie Tucker ]

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Chris Fulton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Fulton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Matt and all the other winners. Thanks for everyones help this weekend, Matt, Jeff, Cliff, Tom, and George!

Great weekend ruined by some guy fighting over 12th place sending George Munson into the tire wall at the start/finish on the last lap, car airborne and could have killed him. I hope the SCCA hands out a stiff penalty. Torn up race car over what?

ARRC 2010 Champ

That sucks! George has no luck at that track but at least he is ok. How did it happen?

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

MegaModerator

Sorry to hear about Georges deal.. Nice guys always seem to get the worst.

Also, congrats to Roger Burdette, He is getting used to Sm racing and managed a forth and closer to the front than he has been.
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

George...glad you are okay!

--------------------
Paul McLester

Chris Fulton

I think George may have some video that will explain in better detail. Apparently the guy that sent George into the wall has quite a reputation for these types of tactics and was on the last race of a previous probabtion. I wonder if he even thinks he did anything wrong. Never came over to say anything, never sent anyone by to say, "hey sorry about your car, glad your ok, sorry to ruin your 4th.....

Jim B. thank you for all of your help as well!!!

Cliffy Chains

quote:
Originally posted by Drago:
Sorry to hear about Georges deal.. Nice guys always seem to get the worst.

Also, congrats to Roger Burdette, He is getting used to Sm racing and managed a forth and closer to the front than he has been.
Jim

Burdette and Matt V had one of the best enduro races, nose to tail for 1 1/2 hours, changing lead too many times, it wasn't settled till the last lap....Great race both of them... I would say Burdette and Matt both improved alot over the weekend.

Savannah is too much fun, The crew at Roebling ran a near perfect weekend, getting groups on the track one after another, Amazing Job Jim and the crew from RR...

I want to say thanks to Fowler for the diff for my struggling 1.6, without it the weekend would have been cut alot shorter..

Glad to see George was ok, he and I started SCCA at the same time, and it had been awhile since we had seen him, You need anything at all let me know..Remember a car can always be fixed or replaced....

--------------------
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

John A - 5X Racing Verified Driver
www.5xracing.com

Region: NASA FL / CFR SCCA
Car #: 25
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

George,

Roebling has been awfully mean to you lately, and your friends at the 5X Racing family feel horrible about your incident. If there is anything we can do to help you get back on track please give me a call.

On a lighter note, I had a good time battling with Matt and Roger in ECR #2. They are very much pro's, as I was on both of their bumpers for the first 50 minutes of the race and could not get them to crack under pressure, good job to both of you!

And Matt, going through turn 9 in the grass whilst giving the ole' one finger salute to the guy who put you there was impressive to say the least!

--------------------
John Adamczyk

Owner: 5X Racing Online Race Shop
Driver: Team 5X Racing #25 Spec Miata
NASA FL Race Director
Race Engineering Powered 1.6

Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: