Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » Double/Double at Roebling Road (Page 3)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 3 of 3 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Double/Double at Roebling Road
Leadfoot Verified Driver

Region: Southeast -- 083
Car #: 96
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Leadfoot     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That was my point. George had the right to expect the lead car not to make a double move and run him off the track. If we can't expect other drivers to observe that basic rule for mutual survival, then we're no longer racing. If I have to avoid trying to make a pass (back off) because I fear the other driver will run me into the dirt, then I'm no longer racing -- I'm in some kind of death race/demolition derby. Mistakes and misjudgments happen all the time in racing. But blocking is intentional by definition and that's why it is inexcusable, especially when you take it to the point of wrecking somebody.

Mark McCallister Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just graduated from novice to rookie!!

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 40
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark McCallister     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Glad you're OK George, sorry about the car...that was one heck of a jolt. Thanks for posting the video...heart-stopping but educational. See you at the track soon..

I had a ton of fun running the ECRs. And whoever ordered the weather, please do the same for Sebring the next couple months...

Frog

Region: Buccaneer #34
Car #: 52
Year : 1986
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Frog   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

George I'm glad you're doing OK. No small feat considering what happened.

I was on pit road when this occured and it was surreal to see you flying through through the air toward the tower. I can only imagine what must have been going through both your mind & those of the officials.

Hope to see you back out there soon!

--------------------
Lette-O
Celtic Racing #52
Buccaneer Region ITB Champ 2006,2007,2008,2009

Page 3 of 3 1  2  3 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: