Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » Nashville Heart of Dixie

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Nashville Heart of Dixie
-Bob-

Icon 1 posted  Profile for -Bob-     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

A big congrats to Shea Hughes for getting his first pole on Saturday in his 1.6

The big guy Skip Brock took home the enduro win...again this year

Sunday's race saw Dave Colledge going flag to flag for the win.

It was great see everyone

[ 06-21-2010, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: -Bob- ]

Mr. Pink
2006 ARRC winnner

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 99
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mr. Pink     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Don't forget George Fusner with saturdays win in a new car.He was fast!I've never seen that much metal to metal with such a small amount of cars but it was a fun weekend.D.C.ran a great race on sunday with no mistakes which was hard to do in that heat.Feel sorry for those going to savannah for the double.Pack a sweater guys [nope]

Alex Gaines Verified Driver

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 77
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Gaines   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Way to go George. Its the new suit!

--------------------
2010 SARRC Champion
2010 13 Hours of VIR Champions
Race Engineering

oem steve

Region: South East
Car #: #92
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for oem steve     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

anybody got a run down of the finishing order for Sat and Sun?

--------------------
email: standrewsexpress@bellsouth.net
visit us at http://www.standrewsexpress.com

Under powered and under driven

-Bob-

Icon 1 posted  Profile for -Bob-     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mylaps

Saturday SARRC
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=552008

Saturday Enduro
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=552006

Sunday SARRC
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=553055

Mr. Pink
2006 ARRC winnner

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mr. Pink     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Damn,almost had fast time for all 3 races.

-Bob-

You must have had an outstanding crew...lol

CARNUT Verified Driver

Region: 032
Car #: 98
Year : 81
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CARNUT     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

DOES ANYONE HAVE VIDEO FROM RACES AND ENDURO?
NEVER HAVE SEEN THE ROAD RACE COURSE AT NASHVILLE; LOOKS A LOT LIKE TMS IN FT WORTH.
IS IT A FUN TRACK?
WOULD LIKE TO COME PLAY NEXT TIME.
THANKS.

joe v

Region: Southeast
Icon 1 posted  Profile for joe v     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jeees, Glad i've got my High Top boots on.

--------------------
Be Ready! "To Win the race" before you load the car.

Shea_Hughes

Car #: 33
SMIM: 00
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Shea_Hughes     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks, Big Bob C.

This one comes with an asterisk. It was a wet qualifying session with a low car count and some notably big fish missing from the pond. Nonetheless, I'll take it. [Smile]

If you're one of those guys looking to make it to the front of the field, your winning combination is a Race Engineering Motor with some spare parts from Panic Motorsports. Start with an OPM setup and tweak it to your liking. Results are right around the corner.

Special thanks to:

-My family for all their support.

-Rickey Thompson for his help throughout the weekend.

-The guys from Appalachin Race Tire for their words of encouragement.

-Tom Fowler for his words of encouragement and always being there when I need him.

-Tim Buck and Mazdaspeed for their continued support.

All my best,

Shea

Mr. Pink
2006 ARRC winnner

quote:
Originally posted by -Bob-:

Yeah,every time I was working on the car,the crew were "outstanding" by the motorhome drinking beer. [duck]
Actually in that heat I'm amazed how hard Bob worked.I hope he doesn't get his car back together.Ever. [Big Grin]

I may have some video of the track.My Traqmate kept messing up but I think I have some to send out.

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by -Bob-:

So you stayed home? [Big Grin]

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

410Lite

Region: Southeast
Car #: 6 and 06
Year : 1991 and 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for 410Lite     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Alex Gaines:
Way to go George. Its the new suit!

Oh yeh totally! You should get one too. Fowler said its worth 0.5 second! [Wink]

In the Saturday SARRC qual I wish my windshield wouldn't have fogged up and made me come in after only 6 laps...might have given me a front row view of the green for the start. Someone needs to teach that guy in the blue 270Z how to drive around turns b/c he seems to only know how to drive straight REALLY well. Talk about last minute dive bomb king in turns that no one would ever attempt a pass in. [shame]

I need to give a HUGE thanks to James at MazdaSpeed for getting me an axle overnight after the shipping cutoff was already past. [thumbsup] Those guys are the best.

Bobby Ray Thornton's power was INSANE!! What a difference after that thing loosened up after its first weekend...what a rocket! It's a shame that the waterpump belt came off during the ECR and toasted that motor [Frown] Owensby and I could have gotten a win out of that one. We still got second place tho...not too shabby for only running 52 min.

--------------------
George Fusner SM#6 and 06
Sponsors:
Race Engineering
Thanks Bob for all your help and wisdom.
Carbotech
Ray Helms Body Shop
Thanks for all the help, I couldn't do it without all of you guys.

Bob Thornton - Race Engineering Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber. - Sir Winston Churchill

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 48
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bob Thornton - Race Engineering   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to all you guys and gals.
Shea, I see a win for you soon.
Skip, great job man.
George, way to get it done.
See you all at RR. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Bob Thornton
http://www.raceengineering.org
Race Engineering Championship Winning Engines

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: