Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » Sad news

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Sad news
AL H. Verified Driver

Region: BUCCANEER
Car #: 30
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for AL H.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hyler Craft, long time member, official,racer and my friend passed away tuesday july 13th. He was 87

-Bob-

Icon 1 posted  Profile for -Bob-     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Condolences on your loss. Best wishes

Mike C Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: WDCR - 042
Car #: 75
Year : 93 & 95 & 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike C   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Rest in Peace. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Hyler was the point of contact for the Roebling Double Drivers School went I went there. I know he will be missed.

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
http://www.SHEETZ.com
The MEATHEAD Racing 2010 Calendar is up!!!!
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member
WDCR-SCCA SM Drivers Rep.
ALL OPINIONS ON RULES OR SPECIFICATIONS ARE JUST THAT, MY OPINIONS!

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My condolences to his friends and family

--------------------
Paul McLester

Glenn Verified Driver

Region: CCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I worked on Hyler's SSB car a few years ago back, he was the best! Hyler we will miss you. My condolences to his family and close friends.

--------------------
Glenn
Crew chief Meathead Racing, NE Region Sales Division Race Engineering, The GOLD standard in SM engines, Occasional race slave for OPM Autosports

David Luney Verified Driver

Region: ATL
Car #: 29-Killed
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for David Luney     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

While this is sad news, I have to smile at the memories I have of him. Hyler and Fay have been fixtures at Roebling for longer than I can remember. For years I would take new car builds exclusively to Roebling for him to issue log books. Not that he was "easier", but he understood the rules, race car construction and safety and never had any attitude or superiority issues that came with some tech inspectors. Thoughts and prayers.

Teamfour Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDCR
Car #: 04
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Our prayers go out to the family. Hyler was a true good guy.

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Brimtek Motorsports/ Team Four Racing
Team Four Racing

Frog

Region: Buccaneer #34
Car #: 52
Year : 1986
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Frog   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hyler was a true "Gentleman Racer". I always enjoyed chatting with at the track.

My thoughts & prayers are with Faye and all of his friends and family.

Perhaps the Southeast Region could honor his memory with a tribute at The SIC on October? A parade lap for all who wish to show their respect & friendship for a truly great man.

--------------------
Lette-O
Celtic Racing #52
Buccaneer Region ITB Champ 2006,2007,2008,2009

Hotshoe

Region: NCR
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Hotshoe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

There will be a viewing for Hyler on Sunday, July 18, between 5 pm and 7 pm at the Hardage-Giddens Funeral Home, 5753 Blanding Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32244, Phone (904) 777-5727. A graveside service, with full military honors, will be held on Monday at 11 am at Jacksonville National Cemetary, 4083 Lannie Road, Jacksonville, FL 32218, Phone: (904) 766-5222.

In lieu of flowers, please make memorial contributions to the Florida Cancer Center, 3599 S. University Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32216‎.

An obituary will be in The Florida Times-Union on Friday, 7/16 and Sunday, 7/18. Website: jacksonville.com (the www. is not necessary)

Glenn Verified Driver

Region: CCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks for the update Ricky!

--------------------
Glenn
Crew chief Meathead Racing, NE Region Sales Division Race Engineering, The GOLD standard in SM engines, Occasional race slave for OPM Autosports

Buelligan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC
Car #: 05
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Buelligan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I remember Hyler and Fay from my double school in 2005. I had a great time talkin to them. They made a big impression on me in those few days. I know he will be missed. My condolences to his family and friends. Rest in Peace.

--------------------
Mike Monaghan
#05 SSM
"BUELL" The Original STREETFIGHTER

mat pombo Verified Driver

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 01
Year : '90 & '99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mat pombo   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I consider myself lucky to have known someone like Hyler. He and Fay have been friends of our family for nearly 30 years ever since he and dad raced each other a long time ago. Just last year Fay had asked if she could take some pictures of Hyler with my dad, my brother, and I at the track. Those pictures mean a lot and he had the biggest smile of all four of us. He was exactly what we should all aspire to carry ourselves like at the racetrack and we will deeply miss him.
Roebling Road just lost a beautiful piece of landscape....

cintibob

Region: cfr
Car #: 13
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cintibob     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Condolences to his family. He was one of the first people I met in FV years ago along with his wife. He will be missed.

racerfink Verified Driver
Gig 'em Aggies

Region: Central Florida Region
Car #: 111
Year : '90 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for racerfink     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I can remember going to my first SIC at Roebling in '94 and meeting Hyler. He had a really nice 510 in ITC. And even though we were running in the same class, he gave me a lot of pointers for getting round that track. He was a true statesman for the sport. He will be missed.

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500
http://www.AutoTechnikRacing.com
www.myspace.com/projecthband

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: