Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » Registration Open for Barber!

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Registration Open for Barber!
Butch Kummer

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Butch Kummer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Registration is now open for the Alabama/Atlanta Region Double SARRC / Pro-IT at Barber Motorsports Park the weekend of Sept 3-5. Friday is an SCCA-sanctioned Test Day with both full day ($250) and afternoon-only ($150) registration available. Pro-IT qualifying is Saturday with the race on Sunday while SARRC groups will have separate qualifying & races each day.

Links to the event Supps, Schedule(s), and on-line registration system are available at www.AtlantaSCCA.org. I know actually reading the Supps is contrary to most racer's nature, but PLEASE read them as Barber has some unique restrictions compared to other track in SEDiv.

Just to let you know that SOME race organizers listen [Smile] , there will be nothing but Miatas in Group 5 (SM, SM2, SSM). This definitely is a chance for you to cast your ballot regarding grouping at future events.

I also stated in another thread that we will not offer a split start, but I've been convinced by others far smarter (and shorter) that I should leave that up to you. IF you guys can gain consensus that having a split start between SM & SM2 is a good thing (and I understand there are valid arguments both ways), then we'll do our best to make that happen. It will have to supported by the majority of the group before I take it to the Chief Steward, however.

Hope to see y'all there...

Butch Kummer

--------------------
Atlanta Region Asst. RE, Competition Director

Butch Kummer

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Butch Kummer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Two things I forgot to mention:

1. We removed the "you hit it, you bought it" clause from the Supps. Last year we found out SCCA insurance DOES in fact cover the guard rail, so we are no longer holding the driver's responsible for that. If you repeatedly plow up the grass by cutting apexes, however, the track might sent you a bill for greens fees.

2. In the past we've faced a shortage of paddock space by Saturday morning, so this year we're going to limit spectator and crew parking to the upper level of the paddock. Similar to VIR, you'll get a sticker for your support vehicle. Hopefully this will allow things to be a bit more organized and folks won't have to park on the entrance road.

See ya...

BK

--------------------

frank g Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: chattanooga
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for frank g     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I will be celebrating my 70th B'day at Barber!!! Stop by and say Hi, my family is coming from all over, but I would like to meet more of you guys. If any of you have extra crew spaces, please contact me to save family admission.

Frank Graham
old and slow, but still having fun!

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Frank I sent you a PM! Happy Birthday.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Steve D. Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Once you get past the gag reflex, the jelly ain't bad!

Car #: 30
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve D.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think Frank has his need for crew passes covered now.

I am really looking forward to the weekend. It's been over a year since I've raced my Miata. Can't wait to hang out under the OPM Big Top and knock the rust off my driving, lying, story-telling, nickname-making, and food-critiquing skillz.

See y'all there!

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Steve, you'll have to make sure to knock the rust off of Fowlers food.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That ain't rust Lance.

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dare I ask what it is... nevermind, don't want to know, run along here, nothing to see.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

-Bob-

Icon 1 posted  Profile for -Bob-     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If your not going to the event maybe you'll be interested to see if the Live Timing portal works as expected. Here is the info

Dear Racer and Racing Fans,

Announcing our new Live Timing and Scoring Link

Be the first one to go online this weekend to our website, http://www.atlantascca.org and click on the new Live Timing and Scoring link.

It is embedded in the Labor Day Event Race Announcement on our main page.

We hope you will share this news with your friends and family.

Atlanta Region:SCCA

Butch Kummer

Bob's already posted it, but just to reinforce the message:

While we’d certainly prefer that you join us at the track this weekend, you can also follow the action at Barber Motorsports Park via links at http://www.AtlantaSCCA.org. Choose the link appropriate to your device (PC, iPhone, etc.) and you’ll be able to “see” what’s happening on the track on both Saturday and Sunday. You can also find the weekend schedule on the Atlanta Region website, but qualifying starts around 8:00 CDT on both Saturday and Sunday. Put some old tire shavings and a little oil in the incense burner and it’ll be almost like being there! [Wink]

And with 54 Miatas currently registered, the action should be fast AND furious!!!

Assuming this works like we think it should, we’ll be providing the same functionality for the ARRC by GRM at Road Atlanta the weekend of Nov. 5-7.

See ya…

Butch Kummer

--------------------

Steve D. Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Once you get past the gag reflex, the jelly ain't bad!

Car #: 30
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve D.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Butch Kummer:
And with 54 Miatas currently registered, the action should be fast AND furious!!!

I will be there fiercely defending P45. If you think you can take that spot, bring it!! [Big Grin]

The quality of the field looks awesome! Hell, there are almost 30 Miatas registered for test day. Let's play nice with the Spec Ford Couriers!

Butch Kummer

quote:
Originally posted by Steve D.:
The quality of the field looks awesome! Hell, there are almost 30 Miatas registered for test day. Let's play nice with the Spec Ford Couriers!

Not only do you guys have your own race group, we've also move the SRF's from Group A to Group C on the Test Day. We notified the SRF guys but I guess we failed to notify y'all.

BK

--------------------

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thats great! It should be a good time and the weather looks great as well. Sunny and a high of 82 on Saturday. See you there!

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

frank g Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: chattanooga
Icon 1 posted  Profile for frank g     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My b'day celebration was great, Thanks to Barry, Butch and all who helped us put it together. We had a mini family reunion with folks from OK and TX as well as SC& Ga.

What the heck happened in turn 1 on Sun?? when I went by I saw one car's underside and several in the grass! Hope the damage was not too bad.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: