Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » Sep 18-19: The Endless Summer PDX-Track Trial-Double CCPS at CMP

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Sep 18-19: The Endless Summer PDX-Track Trial-Double CCPS at CMP
Joe Oliveira

Region: South Carolina Region
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Joe Oliveira   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

-

Registration is open for "The Endless Summer," South Carolina Region's final race weekend of the year, featuring three events on the weekend of September 18-19:

1. PDX (Performance Driving Experience) where anyone, regardless of experience can drive a car on track under the supervision of a qualified instructor. PDX Solo and Intermediate groups are also available for those with prior track experience.

2. Track Trial - the 7th event of the Cool Shirt Southeast Division SCCA Time Trial series.

3. Double CCPS (Carolina Cup Pro Series) - two 45-minute endurance races for Spec Miata, Improved Touring, Spec Racer Ford and other similar cars, with cash awards for top finishers in class.

This event will be held on the 2.3 mile full course at Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC.

Volunteers and Instructors are needed for this event. There are also discounted work/drive entries available for those willing to volunteer on one day, and drive in the PDX event on the other.

Information and Online Registration
Supplementary Regulations (PDF)
Event Schedule (PDF)
Entry List

Please contact our race chairman, Joe Oliveira ( joe@scsportscar.com ) with any questions, or call us at 803-386-7727.

We look forward to seeing you at the track!

--------------------
Joe

nhallman

Region: South Carolina Region
Icon 1 posted  Profile for nhallman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Update: online registration will close Wednesday, September 15 at 11:59 PM, but you can still register at the track and there is no penalty for doing so.

Also, several of you have reported having problems with the SCCA membership validation in MotorsportReg. We thought this would be a convenient feature, as it speeds up on-site registration, but it looks like it's been more of a big pain in the butt than anything. So we turned it off. If you had problems registering before due to MotorsportReg not recognizing your membership, give it another shot and it should be OK now.

Please spread the word to your fellow CCPS drivers - we're hoping to see lots of you out there next weekend!

Thanks,

Nick

803-386-7727
nick@scsportscar.com

--------------------
Nick Hallman
South Carolina Region SCCA

David Luney Verified Driver

Region: ATL
Car #: 29-Killed
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for David Luney     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is anyone from the Atlanta area attending? I have beer money for someone who can transport a bumper cover for me. Please PM or e-mail me on miatastuff@bellsouth.net .

Thanks,

E-Speed Motorsports Verified Driver

Region: CCR/NCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for E-Speed Motorsports     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What a great Carolina Cup weekend! We had 62 entries. From what I understand, the PDX/TT went really well also.

I would like to thank South Carolina Region for inviting us to participate with their PDX/Time Trial event.
In my opinion, PDX/TT are very important SCCA programs and I am very happy to have CCPS partner with them. I look forward to CCPS partnering with PDX/TT and all the great guys from SCR again next year. Also, I would like to thank all of the volunteers that came out. We could not have put on the great show with out you.

Thanks,
Estus White
CCPS Administrator

PS
That E-Speed SM had a GREAT weekend too!

Thanks go out to all of the competitors. You all put on a good show.

--------------------
everything was fine after they got the fire put out.

E-Speed Motorsports
Race Engineering

E-4 Verified Driver

Region: CCR and NCR
Car #: 00
Year : early 1600
Icon 1 posted  Profile for E-4     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

great run from the eSpeed shop this weekend!
had lots of fun getting to run with everyone again.
thanks to Panic for some parts, as always Dan Tiley came through with some set-up tips [Smile]
Special thanks to Bob for that RE power horse!

cant wait to see everyone at VIR!

--------------------
first or last baby. thats the way we do it!

E-Speed Motorsports
Race Engineering

panic motorsports Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: SCR
Car #: 90
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for panic motorsports   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ess, great run on sunday, didn't have enough tire to hold you off. VIR, one race, winner take all!! SCR, props for a great event, RE power running amok all weekend, Tiley with the broke hand, can't slow him down!!

--------------------
Steve and Becca Bertok
#90 SM 2008/2009 Carolina Cup Pro Series SM champions.
2010 VIR 13 hour enduro victorious! www.panicmotorsports.com
Need a salvage Miata part? We've got that!

Dan Tiley Verified Driver Series Champ
Are you followin' me, camera guy???

Region: SEDIV
Car #: 33
Year : Whatever's Available!
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

No question that my highlight of the weekend was watching Stevie B. and Ess duke it out for the lead on Sunday. Seeing Ess plow down no less than 10 PVC poles on the exit of T8,and still make the pass for 1st showed that he was ready to fight for that lead no matter what! Well done boys.... great racing and no contact... at least not between cars anyway [Eek!]

Big Congrats to Ess White on sweeping the weekend! Darn little squirt was on his game all weekend for sure!

Honorable mentions go out to the Panic Motorsports crew for the heads-up call on pitting right before the dbl yellow, as well as to Nash "Stop Calling me Nate" Lawson for just barely missing the big win on Saturday by a 0.2sec short pit. So close!

Thanks a ton to Jason Owenby and to Alex Gaines for letting me run their cars on Saturday and Sunday. The RE power was potent and both cars were good enough for the pole on both days, but just needed a few tweaks to survive 45mins of 95 deg punishment.

Looks like we're gonna have a barn burner going into VIR. Doc gave me a cast for my busted hand that is on velcro.... listen for the "zips" on Oct 23rd. Pays to have an orthopedist who races go-karts!

See you at VIR!!!

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Sponsored by Race Engineering

Spec Miata's fastest and best supported engine program!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: