Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » Florida Region DBL Sarrc - Homestead

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Florida Region DBL Sarrc - Homestead
Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just wanted to thank the Florida region for this past weekend, Capt John and Crew put on a great show as always. Even though most of my crew was up north at RA, and one was earning some much needed brownie points with the wife, I had a great time, thanks again. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

On a quick note, I had the chance to race against a new 16 yr old SM driver this weekend, I took notice when I seen an SM with an X on the back go through T1 at 120+ mph [Eek!] [boggled] . Congrats to Selin Rollan on the podium Finish on Sunday, I'm sure we'll see more of him in his future. [Big Grin]

Congrats to Allan Boshell another personal best this weekend, he gets faster each time out!! [yep]

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

guest driver

Region: 011
Car #: 47
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for guest driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Cliffy Chains:
On a quick note, I had the chance to race against a new 16 yr old SM driver this weekend, I took notice when I seen an SM with an X on the back go through T1 at 120+ mph [Eek!] [boggled] . Congrats to Selin Rollan on the podium Finish on Sunday, I'm sure we'll see more of him in his future. [Big Grin]
[/QB]

Selin; another awesome young gun from the Miami Karting breeding grounds. They all learn very early to be fast and smooth, having to race against the very best young talent from Florida and all of South America, every weekend. These kids all want to go to F-1, are all ultra fast, come see any local Kart race at Homestead Karting.
Rafa Matos, Andrew Carbonell, Josh Hurley all perfected their craft at the little track across the street from the 'big' track.
Impressive to see an Emerson Fittipaldi coaching his nephew Pietro or a Juan Pablo Montoya coaching his little brother Frederico, Robert Cao coaching 17 year old Mathew Mair (who i think is on pole in FE at the RunOffs), Selin will go far.
[thumbsup]

Capt. John

Region: FL.
Car #: # 27 ITA
Year : 1986
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Capt. John     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Senor Chains, Glad you enjoyed the weekend.It would have been nice to have had a few more Miatas, but those who came put on a go show. Thanks for being there. I agree that Selin Rollan is the "real deal" I spoke with him when he came for his Novice Permit. I asked him what he felt the biggest difference was between racing carts and a Miata. Selin talked about having to set up a competitor for a while to pull off a pass because the cars are so close in performance.In carts things happened a bit differently. Talent, understanding, maturity and a polite young man.... I was more than happy to sign off his Permit. I look to see more success from him in the future.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: