Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » My Runnoffs jacked up on mnt dew biatch

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: My Runnoffs jacked up on mnt dew biatch
mr von charbonneau

Region: 83
Car #: any
Year : any
Icon 10 posted  Profile for mr von charbonneau   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

stay tuned

mr von charbonneau

Icon 1 posted  Profile for mr von charbonneau   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

After getting home and back to reality I wanted to share a few of my thoughts on the past year. As many of you know winning any race takes a lot preparation and winning the runoffs takes it to a new level. Having said that, I want to thank Jeff Labounty of Autotechniks. Not only does he build the best Spec Miatas around (sorry Drago) but he is also a magnet for like minded drivers. Nowhere will you find a group of people so willing to help each other week in and week out. Sometimes that is as simple as sharing data, while other times itís people like Cliff Brown lending their cars like he did last weekend to Jeff (because Jeff was working on my car and did not have time to finish his own car) or Jamie Tucker giving up his engine and set-up notes. Although I may have been the one to win the runoffs it is shared by all those associated with Autotechniks who made it possible. To all of you, THANK YOU!!!
I also want to thank the SCCA corner workers, tech officials, stewards, and others that allow us to race in the first place. Without them we would not have regional or national racing; nor would there be a runoffs. So thank you as well.
To my fellow racers,
Cello you are a gentalman and one hell of a racer
Gorrila in the mist, sorry maybe next year (if you get that electrical problem fixed; LOL)
Panty Stain you have provided us with lots of entertainment recently; thank you
Meathead, thanks for trying to get my qulifying time thrown out! LOL. P.S itís the little blue wire.
Now for a few apologies!
To the people that work in the restaurant at VIR; Sorry I really did think it was a bell
To those that shared a bar bill with me (and a bed) in Savannah; Sorry, especially to you Knuckles XOXO
To the sushi chefs in Savanna, Birmingham, Atlanta, Sebring, and Palm Beach; Sorry! I really can cook.
To James Brown; Sorry! Itís a good thing your dead.

mr von charbonneau

Icon 1 posted  Profile for mr von charbonneau   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5HRzaOFhec
me and scca

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Funny!
After hearing about all the crying that went on at the runoffs I am glad I missed it.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

George Munson Verified Driver

Car #: 127
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for George Munson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mr Von Charbonneau,

Congrats on your Runoff's Victory. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed racing with you in our region. Well said about the Autotechniks gang, always willing to help, a great group. You and other of the racers from the SE made us proud. [Big Grin]

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Andrew

Over the past two years I have seen you finish an SRF race, climb out of the SRF, run to the grid, climb into an SM, finish the race and run to the gird to climb into an ITS car. Seen you run three different cars in three different classes at the same event.

I turned to Fowler and said, "you know Andrew can't be doing this for fun - 2 classes maybe, but three. This is a man on a mission"

None of us did this. But you did. You did the work, and you did it for the past two years. There is not a more deserving winner in this class.

You have my total respect. Congrats!

PS. You are always welcome at out table at the awards banquet. Wouldnt be the same without you.

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Again Von C, you are the man! Enjoy! Well, enjoy while it lasts [Smile] I fully intend on kicking your a$$ soon at a track near you and soon! [Wink] And so does everyone else. That national Champion title will buy you no breaks in SE division, you will always be Von C to us, the crazy sushi chef who moonlights as a cocktail lounge singer/dancer. [Big Grin] By the way, we have Two national Championships in our stable to your one, three next year after I beat your a$$ [duck]

Enjoy! If I could hand pick anyone in the field other than my drivers to win, it would be you! You are what this class is about IMO. We race each other hard all the time, shake hands after laugh our asses off and enjoy our time off the track more than on!
You are the man, now move to a faster run group! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Way to go Von C, you drove a great race. Now everyone is gonna go get jacked up on mnt dew. It's too bad they wouldn't say biatch on the telecast, that would have been awesome.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

Glenn Verified Driver

Region: CCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Von C you are the man! Congrats on a WELL deserved win at the big show.

--------------------
Glenn
Crew chief Meathead Racing, NE Region Sales Division Race Engineering, The GOLD standard in SM engines, Occasional race slave for OPM Autosports

Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Drago:
Again Von C, you are the man! Enjoy! Well, enjoy while it lasts [Smile] I fully intend on kicking your a$$ soon at a track near you and soon! [Wink] And so does everyone else. That national Champion title will buy you no breaks in SE division, you will always be Von C to us, the crazy sushi chef who moonlights as a cocktail lounge singer/dancer. [Big Grin] By the way, we have Two national Championships in our stable to your one, three next year after I beat your a$$ [duck]

Enjoy! If I could hand pick anyone in the field other than my drivers to win, it would be you! You are what this class is about IMO. We race each other hard all the time, shake hands after laugh our asses off and enjoy our time off the track more than on!
You are the man, now move to a faster run group! [Big Grin]

Couldn't have put it better myself.... Especially the part where I'm gonna whoop both of your asses next year [Wink]

Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by mr von charbonneau:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5HRzaOFhec
me and scca

I see that and raise you THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5kEPPUVm4g

[thumbsup]

Waterboy Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC
Car #: 15
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Waterboy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations on the win Andrew. I've heard stories about you but witnessing it first hand was great. Poor Nick is still looking over his shoulder. That video is hilarious but it was even better in person.

--------------------
Tim Jacobs
Montgomery Irrigation

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations to you Andrew!!

well deserved, you worked hard all year, sometimes at the track, sometimes at the Hibachi grill, ocassionally at the bar!! But work was work, and you got it done....

I owe alot to you, you've helped me since I started with the SCCA, and I don't think I would of drank nearly as much beer without you!!

Congrats, again...You remind us all what this sport is about..

p.s. Your still gonna get a Natl' A$$ whoopin at the short course though...

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Our National champion--Von C , having a conversation with Steyn about cooking techniques I think!!!

-

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

suck fumes Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: Lonestar
Car #: 75
Year : 3rd in the nation
Icon 1 posted  Profile for suck fumes     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

is it just me or does andrew look like kyle busch without the droopy eyes?

--------------------
THAT JUST HAPPENED!!! -RickyBobby-

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

An older Kyle Bush!

--------------------
Paul McLester

Flow Bench Verified Driver

Region: Southeast
Car #: 4
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Flow Bench   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Andrew,
Great to hear the stories and results.

--------------------
----------------------------------
Craig Foster #4 Atlanta Region SM Champion 2009, 2010
Delainey Motorsport, LLC
Farnbacher - OPM - East Street Auto - Rogaine

mark pombo Verified Driver
2005 ARRC Winner

Region: southeast
Car #: 10
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mark pombo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

True, there isn't a nicer guy or a better driver at the track every week.

--------------------
Mark Pombo
Pombo Racing/PFM Engineering

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Andrew, congrats and glad I got to meet you for the first time. Haven't heard anything but great things about you. You did an awesome job!!

Pat Slattery

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

Hotshoe

Region: NCR
Car #: 98
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Hotshoe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Now I know I showed you to many of my moves at Barber [rockband]

Congrats.... [thumbsup] Maybe one day I will get these Miatas figured out [laughing]

mr von charbonneau

ok rickey bobbie my first time there bring more hores power next time 1 and 1 what will be the tie breacker.

mat pombo Verified Driver

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 01
Year : '90 & '99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mat pombo   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

As always, its awesome to have you represent as our nat'l champ. You're a class act buddy. Congrats again.

Hotshoe

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Hotshoe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
ok 1 and 1 what will be the tie breacker.

...The SIC @ Roebling Road....

mr von charbonneau

YOU GOT IT RIKIE BOOBIE
i got this i will be there

mr von charbonneau

this is me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuAUI_0knfk

mr von charbonneau

big red
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWKisUSxjXk&feature=related

mr von charbonneau

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4mYjc7g-so&feature=related

mr von charbonneau

take this ricky boobie

you big loaf of cheese

mr von charbonneau

this is me beating you song

rickey dee

mr von charbonneau

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltRwmgYEUr8&feature=fvw

my girl

Hotshoe

quote:
take this

...I don't need both feet to keep time

mr von charbonneau

dont think you can dance [rockband] [rolling on floor laughin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: