Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » SARRC Invitational Challenge/ECR Finale (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Author Topic: SARRC Invitational Challenge/ECR Finale
Jim Creighton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Creighton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Before I plug the SIC/ECR Finale, I have to give a big pat on the back to all our SM drivers who attended the Runoffs. I feel like a proud daddy looking at the results. And it gave me chill bumps to see Chip, Jeff and all in impound doing the post race tear down on Andrew Von C's rocket ship. The SEDiv was the class act of the 2010 Runoffs.

Now, it's time to consider an even bigger event, the SIC. We are only 6 days away from the close of registration and there is still not a full field of SM in either the SIC or the ECR. If for no other reason, you need to come and race against Andrew and Chip. Neither can enter the SIC but are eligible for the ECR. All of the other Runoffs drivers are eligible for the ECR and those who entered 3 regular season SARRC races are eligible for the SIC.

Rumor also has it that Fowler will be there. In addition, another famous SEDiv driver will be announcing an end to his retirement.

The SIC always has the best races of the year and the SM race is almost always the best race of the weekend.

I have a Pro Cup race on Saturday night at Greenville-Pickens Speedway but I'll be at the track in time for the Sunday AM SM race.

See you there.

BTW, I've ordered an extra supply of Mountain Dew for the Saturday night social and warned all the sushi restaurants in and around Savannah to close for the weekend. As for the James Brown music, What Kind of Fool Am I posting here?

--------------------
Jim Creighton
SARRC Administrator

Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll be there!

Alex Gaines Verified Driver

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 77
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Gaines   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Signed up

--------------------
2010 SARRC Champion
2010 13 Hours of VIR Champions
Race Engineering

Matthew Van Vurst

Region: florida region
Car #: 08
SMIM: sm
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Matthew Van Vurst   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Me too [thumbsup]

--------------------
Do you smell something delicious cooking in the oven? SHAKE AND BAKE!

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Alex Gaines:
Signed up

Your avatar is priceless, I think Kid B still has thoughts about driving off all by himself..

I'll be there in the down on power 1.6 seen in your avatar, and the Kid I think will be in his own 99' Jeffy powered missle this time....I would look for the weekend at RR to be another great SM championship race.

I will say there are 5 drivers all over 115 pts, and 4 of them over 125 pts for the year, with Gaines and Bolanos running 1 and 2...in the overall points.

See ya there....

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Gaines!!! wtf! That avatar is hilarious!

OPM AUTOSPORTS INC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 60 65 67
Year : 1990 1999 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for OPM AUTOSPORTS INC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If AB could learn to drive think how fast he would be. This should be a great event and all done in 2 days. It takes 7 days at the run-offs to have this much fun.

--------------------
-Tom Fowler-
OPM Autosports / SMAC MEMBER
http://www.opmautosports.com

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yeah but it doesn't have the man drama of the runoffs! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Paul McLester

quote:
Originally posted by OPM AUTOSPORTS INC:
If AB could learn to drive think how fast he would be. This should be a great event and all done in 2 days. It takes 7 days at the run-offs to have this much fun.

Phew, takin a beating here... You gonna try to take my button back?

Agreed 100% on the runoffs schedule... what a joke.

OPM AUTOSPORTS INC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 60 65 67
Year : 1990 1999 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for OPM AUTOSPORTS INC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Alex Bolanos:
quote:
Originally posted by OPM AUTOSPORTS INC:

Phew, takin a beating here... You gonna try to take my button back?

I would bring it with you just in case and by the way the AARP class gets a head start.
Agreed 100% on the runoffs schedule... what a joke.

--------------------
-Tom Fowler-
OPM Autosports / SMAC MEMBER
http://www.opmautosports.com

Alex Gaines Verified Driver

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 77
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Gaines   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Gaines!!! wtf! That avatar is hilarious!

Thought I would stir the pot with that one! Can't wait. This should be a really competitive race. Looking forward to it

--------------------
2010 SARRC Champion
2010 13 Hours of VIR Champions
Race Engineering

Cliffy Chains

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Only 28 registered so far, but looking over the list, alot of repeat names from last year: Looks like Top 15 from 09' are all returning..Alot of good drivers ;competition looks strong..

Somebody get Knuckles to go, His massive hangover last year on race day was priceless..Either him or Von C - We need some guaranteed entertainment!!

--------------------
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good luck to all championship contenders this year - sorry I wont be there.

PS - Stay out of the sand trap in turn 1.

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Hotshoe

Region: NCR
Car #: 98
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Hotshoe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Steyn:
Good luck to all championship contenders this year - sorry I wont be there.

PS - Stay out of the sand trap in turn 1.

Sure have missed you this year Danny. Sorry you had bad luck at the Big Dance.

I was impressed by AG.... He manned up a few weeks back and we talked @ CMP [thumbsup] ... I have a "sense of closure" now..

Acts like that brings the whole group closer [group hug]

Looking forward to the race.... Hope I have a good seat [Wink]

mr von charbonneau

Region: 83
Car #: any
Year : any
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mr von charbonneau   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Obm6bEH80

what the hell did you say ricky boobbie

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Cliffy Chains:
Only 28 registered so far, but looking over the list, alot of repeat names from last year: Looks like Top 15 from 09' are all returning..Alot of good drivers ;competition looks strong..

Somebody get Knuckles to go, His massive hangover last year on race day was priceless..Either him or Von C - We need some guaranteed entertainment!!

Just talked to Von C, 60% chance that we will both be there and 100% that I/we will be hung over. Cliff If I have to drive the backup I will need a booster seat and platform shoes!!

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Hotshoe

Region: NCR
Car #: 98
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Hotshoe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by mr von charbonneau:
what did you say ?

If it had been darker out you would have seen the flame............

...WATCH: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6yvtC8nWS8&NR=1

Talk about "Fire in the hole" [flamed]

mr von charbonneau

Icon 1 posted  Profile for mr von charbonneau   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuR1u0pjR3s&feature=related

THAT JUST HAPPENED

mr von charbonneau

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4cuDcJ-PCM&feature=related

Matthew Van Vurst

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Matthew Van Vurst   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I was high when I told you that son! Shake n' Bake

--------------------

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hope someone will post times from the test day - no doubt crew members have been diligently timing the favorites!

--------------------
Danny
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Glenn Verified Driver

Region: CCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Coon Dog prediction...Gaines in his "underdog" 1.6 by a wisker! [Big Grin]

Tech will consist of measuring fender clearences with a ball point pen and sniffing tires for "special coatings" [Eek!]

--------------------
Glenn
Crew chief Meathead Racing, NE Region Sales Division Race Engineering, The GOLD standard in SM engines, Occasional race slave for OPM Autosports

quote:
Originally posted by Glenn:

Tech will consist of measuring fender clearences with a ball point pen and sniffing tires for "special coatings" [Eek!]

Not if I've got anything to do with it [Wink]

Glenn Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Give him HELL AB!

--------------------
Glenn
Crew chief Meathead Racing, NE Region Sales Division Race Engineering, The GOLD standard in SM engines, Occasional race slave for OPM Autosports

ARRC 2010 Champ

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn:

Not if I've got anything to do with it [Wink]
Alex Bolanos= very good driver
99= good car
Autotechniks power= better car

Total = win by 5 seconds!

My dark horse is Cliffy Chains who will be on a Redbull iv drip all weekend.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Matthew Van Vurst

My money is on Cliffy! even though he is down on power! [Eek!]

--------------------

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
Originally posted by Matthew Van Vurst:

Matt are you at the sic? I'm in Myrtle Beach wishing I was there. No runoffs and now no sic; this year sucks.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Glenn Verified Driver

quote:
Alex Bolanos= very good driver
99= good car
Autotechniks power= better car

Alex Gaines,= AWESOME driver
1.6 Underdog, so everyone claims= OK car
RE power=GOLD standard in SM power

Outcome, Gaines by a wisker [yep] If John A doesn't fudge up the mix, LOL, John you know I love you man!

DAMN wish I was there instead of at SP this weekend.

--------------------
Glenn

ARRC 2010 Champ

It should be a good time! Great weather and good drivers all through the field. Gains will be in the mix for sure, as will a few others. Although I am still sticking with Bolonos for the win by a wide margin (5 + seconds)!!! Autotechnik power will win every major race this year (that just happened) [Smile] Seriously; good luck to everyone and keep us losers who could not make it updated.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

My $$$$$$$$$$ are on FOWLER - give em hell TOM!!!!!

--------------------
Danny
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Cliffy Chains

Gaines had a problem with a wiring harness this morning, he's got it fixed now, cam angle sensor connector went bad I think was the solution.

The morning sessions of practice really did not yeild great times, no clean laps, alot of cars off, Black flag all in 2nd session.

From what I could tell, looks like Gaines and Fowler are almost dead even with slight advantage going to Gaines.

Bize is right there, he was working on handling most of the day, I think he and Stu made some huge improvements on the new 99' handling

Fusner was also right there, He looked like he was going really good as did Brock and Burdette.

Bolanos is on Cuban time so we expect him to roll in when the 5 is called in the morning!!!

My car is "down on power", so I spent most of the test day working on T1, and the T4,5,6 combo trying to find some more mid and exit speeds.

The afternoon proved to be a little warm, times slowed as the day went on it seemed, so tomorrow morning qualifier should see the fastest times for the grid.

I know the 1.6's look strong at this track for sure, it will be interesting to see what the red rocketship from Miami does though.

Enough for updates, I'm out of Red Bull gotta go!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Steyn:
My $$$$$$$$$$ are on FOWLER - give em hell TOM!!!!!

Oh no!!! I forgot Tom was in the mix. Is it to late to revise my incredibly optimistic prediction. [Frown]

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Matthew Van Vurst

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Tucker:
quote:

Matt are you at the sic? I'm in Myrtle Beach wishing I was there. No runoffs and now no sic; this year sucks.
No Runoff's No SIC (I wish) looking forward to the Turtkey Trot! everyone have a blast and be safe! Oh YEAH! GO CLIFFY!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
quote:
quote:

No Runoff's No SIC (I wish) looking forward to the Turtkey Trot! everyone have a blast and be safe! Oh YEAH! GO CLIFFY!!!!!!!!!!
That sucks!! You would have been right there at the sic

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Just got texted a pic from Roebling

I guess this is meant for the Turn 1 Sandtrap

-

Too funny - gotta love this class!!

Race well all, and stay out of the T1 sand. Its a real lonely spot I promise!!!!

--------------------
Danny
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Hahahahaha, me and cliffy are dying over here!!

It's on tomorrow... I may not even go out drinking tonight...

You hear that charb? [Wink]

Scott Malbon Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Blue Ridge Region (103), SEDiv
Car #: 52
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scott Malbon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Qualifying results please.

Scott

ARRC 2010 Champ

Autotechniks power at the front! For those that want to know p1 99, p2 1.6, p3 ?, p4 1.6, p5 99
1 2 Alex Bolanos 1:22.490 1:22.490 1:23.831
2 78 Todd Buras 1:22.622 1:22.622 1:23.732
3 6 George Fusner, III 1:23.016 1:23.016
4 77 Dennis Alex Gaines 1:23.065 1:23.065
5 47 Dennis Bize 1:23.101 1:23.101 1:24.058
6 31 Roger Burdette 1:23.265 1:23.265
7 17 Cliff Blanchard 1:23.328 1:23.328
8 13 Erik Brumme 1:23.351 1:23.351 1:24.440
9 67 Tom Fowler 1:23.407 1:23.407
10 71 Jacob Sellers 1:23.449 1:23.449
11 33 Shea Hughes 1:23.565 1:23.565
12 61 Skip Brock 1:23.805 1:23.805 1:24.985
13 82 Rick Gambill 1:24.056 1:24.056 1:25.452
14 34 Gary Giles 1:24.413 1:24.413 1:25.185
15 98 Rickey Thompson 1:24.417 1:24.417 1:24.967
16 28 Dave Colledge 1:24.430 1:24.430 1:25.634
17 49 Alan Cross 1:24.609 1:24.609 1:25.745
18 89 Chip Bailey 1:25.099 1:25.099 1:25.607
19 9 Giuseppe Evola 1:25.382 1:25.382 1:25.940
20 46 Peter Bogart 1:25.850 1:25.850 1:28.724
21 0 W.Pax Lemmon 1:26.009 1:26.009 1:26.653
22 72 Richard Anderson 1:26.066 1:26.066 1:27.394
23 1 John Limbach 1:26.941 1:26.941 1:27.912
24 36 Terry Whitlock 1:26.983 1:28.433 1:26.983
25 19 Mickey Snow 1:27.175 1:27.175 1:27.660
26 02 William Logan 1:27.875 1:27.875 1:29.154
27 16 David Blevins 1:28.400 1:28.400 1:29.364

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Gonna be a great race tomorrow - good luck all

--------------------
Danny
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Glenn Verified Driver

Burras too, OH NO MR. BILL, its gonna be a dog fight!

--------------------
Glenn

Matthew Van Vurst

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge wish I was there!

[ 10-10-2010, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: Matthew Van Vurst ]

--------------------

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

OK, that's a funny picture I don't care who you are.

Kinda wish I was down there, would have been a blast.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I thought SIC was same as ARRC? They wouldnt let Lamb run it a few years ago because they "thought" he was going to the the Runoffs?

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

JD - Slightly different I believe. As I understand it......

If you finish in Top 6 at Runoffs you cannot compete in SIC.

If you compete (finish or not) at the Runoffs you cannot compete in the ARRC.

Would be there at the SIC myself if my car was ready

--------------------
Danny
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Congrats to Todd Buras (in a 1.6) on the win and Alex B (in a 99) on the close second. The finish just goes to show how equal these cars are.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Mark Drennan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Champion - '08 SOPAC / '07 SFR

Region: SFR & CalClub
Car #: Various
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark Drennan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
The finish just goes to show how equal these cars are.

...at Roebling Road...for this race...with these competitors.

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Drennan:
quote:
The finish just goes to show how equal these cars are.

...at Roebling Road...for this race...with these competitors.
The same could be said for any form of racing; what's your point? Many 1.6 drivers say the cars are not equal yet time and again well driven and prepped 1.6s are winning races and running up front.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Mark Drennan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Champion - '08 SOPAC / '07 SFR

Region: SFR & CalClub
Car #: Various
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark Drennan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My point is that parity changes from track to track. Therefore, pointing to this one track & result and saying 'all is good' isn't accurate.

From what I've heard, RR is a track where the 1.6 does well...which isn't the case at some other tracks.

The cars are not equal and never will be unless they are at the same weight/hp/tq/gear/suspension.

Congrats Todd!

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Drennan:
My point is that parity changes from track to track. Therefore, pointing to this one track & result and saying 'all is good' isn't accurate.

From what I've heard, RR is a track where the 1.6 does well...which isn't the case at some other tracks.

The cars are not equal and never will be unless they are at the same weight/hp/tq/gear/suspension.

Congrats Todd!

You have a good point; no doubt! As most of our tracks are flat we do not see any real big differences between cars like others might.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Scott Malbon Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Blue Ridge Region (103), SEDiv
Car #: 52
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scott Malbon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mylap results:
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1724451

Congrats to Todd, Alex. Not sure how the SARRC points work out.

Scott

Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: