Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » ARRC Eligibility and FUEL

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: ARRC Eligibility and FUEL
Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Two questions:

1) Are there any runoffs participant restrictions for the ARRC?

2) Can track fuel be made mandatory for SM?

Butch Kummer

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Butch Kummer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Two answers:

1) If you ran SM at the Runoffs, you cannot run SM at the ARRC. You can, however, run SMX (assuming you have a '99+ (and if you don't have a '99+, why are you running the Runoffs?)).

2) We're working on the logistics for enforcing it, but our intent is to make the track 98-octane unleaded the spec fuel for SM.

BK

--------------------
Atlanta Region Asst. RE, Competition Director

Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hmm, will SM2 be run with SM? Maybe I'll run that...

Glenn Verified Driver

Region: CCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Alex run the car as an SSM, that might help get the numbers up.

--------------------
Glenn
Crew chief Meathead Racing, NE Region Sales Division Race Engineering, The GOLD standard in SM engines, Occasional race slave for OPM Autosports

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

maybe I will take Blakes 96 car, he is in Singaore anyway? [duck]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

David Dewhurst
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for David Dewhurst     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Butch Kummer:
(and if you don't have a '99+, why are you running the Runoffs?)).

[thumbsup]

--------------------
Have Fun [Wink]

David Dewhurst
CenDiv
Milwaukee Region
Spec Miata #14

Zack Skolnick

Region: NNJR
Car #: 89
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Zack Skolnick   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Does anyone know if SM2 will be run as a separate class granted that the class gets good entry numbers.

--------------------
Zack Skolnick #89
Rossini Race Products/ Piloti /Zamp Racing Helmets/ Playseat USA
http://www.rossiniracing.com

'Strongbad'

Car #: 28
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for 'Strongbad'     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is the SM2 class for cars without Pro-built motors?
What exactly is the criteria anyway?

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If you want to impress your friends with a better finish and you have anything older then a 99 you can run SM2. There were a very small number of SM2s at Barber last month as most drivers ran SM.

[ 10-06-2010, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: Jamie Tucker ]

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Butch Kummer:
Two answers:

1) If you ran SM at the Runoffs, you cannot run SM at the ARRC.

2) We're working on the logistics for enforcing it, but our intent is to make the track 98-octane unleaded the spec fuel for SM.

BK

I think alot of the Runoff guys would come if they are allowed to run SM-X or SM2 at the ARRC..That would help get numbers up for sure!

Not sure how the SM2 field would like to see Von-C, Alex, and Drago in the line up for SM2 though?? [Big Grin]

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Butch Kummer

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Butch Kummer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Guys that ran the Runoffs in a 99+ can run SMX while guys that ran the Runoffs in a 97- can run in SM2. If the likes of Von-C, Alex, and Drago show up and run SM2 and win overall on a horsepower track like Road Atlanta, that will certainly deflate many of the arguments that the early cars are not competitive in SM.

I offer no value judgements, but this is certainly another opportunity to make a statement one way or the other.

--------------------

Ray Kopp

Region: WDCR
Car #: 6
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ray Kopp   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Butch,
Will there be split starts in the SM, SM2, SSM race, and if so, can you explain the number of splits and time in between? If no split starts I assume all three classes will be gridded according to qualifying time yes?

--------------------
Ray Kopp
Kopp Motorsports
Great Falls, VA
Piper Motorsport/King Rat Motorsports
http://koppmotorsports.blogspot.com

Butch Kummer

We've never done a split start in the Miata group at the ARRC before, and when we asked the SM/SM2/SSM drivers if they wanted a split start at Barber no one requested one.

Rather than ass-u-me however, I'll give y'all the option:

Does anyone want a split start in the SM/SM2/SSM group (Group 4) at the 2010 ARRC by GRM?

If so. how would you like to be split?

And no, Drago alone in the first group followed by the rest of the pack 25 seconds later is NOT a valid request! [Big Grin]

BTW - I see where Ray got #6 this year!

BK

--------------------

mat pombo Verified Driver

Car #: 01
Year : '90 & '99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mat pombo   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

BK,

So track Sunoco 98 for group 4 is in the supps? Enforcement of this rule? I'd love to see it happen. I'd also like to see it for group 2. A spec fuel for group 2 and 4 would keep the costs down for many people.

No split for me. We've raced together for many years now, why split and look rediculous. I could see SSM split behind the SM/SM2 group though if there was gonna be a split start.

Scott Zetterstrom Verified Driver

Region: WDCR
Car #: 13
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scott Zetterstrom     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Last year the SSM rules followed NASA and the WDCR SSM rules. However, last year engine sealing in WDCR was voluntary. That has become mandatory this year in WDCR but is not required in the NER. Will engine sealing be mandatory this year for SSM at the ARRC?

--------------------
#13 SSM
ME Solutions LLC
Windsor Customs Racing
PBC Automotive

ARRC 2010 Champ

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by mat pombo:
BK,

So track Sunoco 98 for group 4 is in the supps? Enforcement of this rule? I'd love to see it happen. I'd also like to see it for group 2. A spec fuel for group 2 and 4 would keep the costs down for many people.

No split for me. We've raced together for many years now, why split and look rediculous. I could see SSM split behind the SM/SM2 group though if there was gonna be a split start.

I'm with Mat! A SM/SM2 start is fine with me and the fuel deal is great as well.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Butch Kummer

We're waiting on word from Sunoco on enforcement options before issuing an addendum on track spec fuel for Groups 2 & 4. The devil's in the details, but expect the track's 98-octane unleaded to be required.

You DO know that you guys are your own worst enemies, right?

If you read the SSM rules for the ARRC you can run either the NASA rules (which require sealing) or the WDCR rules (which require sealing), but no cherry-picking between the two.

BK

--------------------

jsmitty

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jsmitty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Pardon the stupid question but could someone post a link to the ARRC please? Thanks.

Butch, what do you mean by being their own worst enemy? Thanks.

Butch Kummer

ARRC Information: http://www.atlantascca.org/arrc.html

A simple handshake agreement among the front-runners that no one will run $30/gal rocket fuel would make everyone's life a lot easier. You could run the gas you wanted (either track gas or 93-octane from the Chevron station around the corner) and we wouldn't have to come up with elaborate procedures to monitor the fuel that's being used. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work (but it COULD!).

BK

--------------------

ARRC 2010 Champ

I am all for the Chevron as I am sure Cliff Brown would be as well. Hell we can all go together and buy beer and ice at the same time. Who else is in?

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

sm and sm2 are same cars.. 1 start is fine

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

ARRC 2010 Champ

Drago are you running SM2? SMX?

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Tucker:
Drago are you running SM2? SMX?

neither, I may come and hang around and maybe split Enduro?

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

ARRC 2010 Champ

You can split it with me if you can get in my car!

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

WTF??? Have you been drinking tonight????

Tucker you are 4'3" on a good day,
Big Daddy is easily 6'5"

This I gotta see!!!!

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
Originally posted by Cliffy Chains:
quote:

WTF??? Have you been drinking tonight????

Tucker you are 4'3" on a good day,
Big Daddy is easily 6'5"

This I gotta see!!!!

He better drive second. I think gravity will help us get him in but we might need more than 5 minutes to get him out.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

MegaModerator

lmfao!

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yeah Jamie
but think how much stuff and weight you can get out of your car. You are gonna be SOOOOOOOOOO light for the first stint. No problem making weight on fumes with JD doing last stint!!!

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Steyn:
Yeah Jamie
but think how much stuff and weight you can get out of your car. You are gonna be SOOOOOOOOOO light for the first stint. No problem making weight on fumes with JD doing last stint!!!

I am a dream as and enduro partener... A heavy guy that can drive is your best friend [Smile]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

mr von charbonneau

Region: 83
Car #: any
Year : any
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mr von charbonneau   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrv4ZkacJzo
dragos race partner

mr von charbonneau

Icon 1 posted  Profile for mr von charbonneau   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

jammie tucker racing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkwM33CZO0w

mr von charbonneau

oh boy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smNELsSL6ds

Chris Windsor Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
windsorcustoms.com

Region: WDCR,
Car #: 38
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Windsor   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We have an SSM car here available to rent. Dad was involved in a wreck yesterday that totaled his F-350 and he has is a banged up hand too bad to drive the race car. Find us on the skid pad.

--------------------
2011 Season schedule coming soon
Support, sales, repair or rental
windsorcustoms.com

G. Davis Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC
Car #: 03
Icon 1 posted  Profile for G. Davis     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Windsor:
We have an SSM car here available to rent. Dad was involved in a wreck yesterday that totaled his F-350 and he has is a banged up hand too bad to drive the race car. Find us on the skid pad.

Hope Bill is ok. Pass him my best wishes for a quick recovery!

--------------------
--------------------

Glenn Davis

Richard Pressman Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: WDC
Car #: 87
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Richard Pressman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sorry to hear about the wreck. Relieved to hear Bill is not too badly banged up. The F-350 can be replaced - Bill is one-of-a-kind!

Please tell him I'm thinking of him.

Good luck this weekend, wish we were there.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: