Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » Dan Tiley's Ti-Speed Engineers crowned CCPS 2010 Champ

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Dan Tiley's Ti-Speed Engineers crowned CCPS 2010 Champ
E-Speed Motorsports Verified Driver

Region: CCR/NCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for E-Speed Motorsports     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations to Dan Tiley and his Ti-Speed Engineers team! Dan won the CCPS SM points battle for the 2010 season. What a great run for Dan. Dan finishes out the season with 113pts.

Finishing the season in second is Ess White, E-4 racing with 104 points.

Third is our reigning 2008, 2009 SM champion, Steve Bertok with 99 points.

Fourth is Chuck Veth, Rossini Racing 3 with 71 points

Fifth is Bill "Rooster" Cullen, AutoAppraisal .com with 67 points

Congratulations to all CCPS participants. Each and every one of you is why Carolina Cup Pro Series continues to be one of the best Pro Series in SCCA year after year.

Estus White
CCPS Administrator
http://www.carolinacupproseries.com

--------------------
everything was fine after they got the fire put out.

E-Speed Motorsports
Race Engineering

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Dan! And to all the top finishers.

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Alex Gaines Verified Driver

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 77
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Gaines   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

way to go DAN T. This may be a first for someone who had to borrow a different car every weekend! Nice job

--------------------
2010 SARRC Champion
2010 13 Hours of VIR Champions
Race Engineering

OPM AUTOSPORTS INC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 60 65 67
Year : 1990 1999 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for OPM AUTOSPORTS INC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to you great job. Had a blast running with you this wknd.

--------------------
-Tom Fowler-
OPM Autosports / SMAC MEMBER
http://www.opmautosports.com

panic motorsports Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: SCR
Car #: 90
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for panic motorsports   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It didn't go down without plenty of drama, but we all rallied around him to get him there! I'll let him tell his own story, but a big hi-5 for sure. Way to go Dan!

--------------------
Steve and Becca Bertok
#90 SM 2008/2009 Carolina Cup Pro Series SM champions.
2010 VIR 13 hour enduro victorious! www.panicmotorsports.com
Need a salvage Miata part? We've got that!

Phil Mather Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Insert witty title here...

Region: Detroit
Car #: 06
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Phil Mather   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations Dan! I could tell when I first raced against you at IRP, you'd be one to beat!

--------------------
Phil

Support SpecMiata.com-Buy a CG-Lock!

http://www.TeamMatherMotorsport.com/specmiata

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Dan

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Dan.
Like Phil I recall you beating me out of the pole at IRP (your first as I recall) in the wet back in 2007. You never lookled back and you've never stopped being a class act.
Rick

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Dan
+1 on what Phil and Rick said

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

Glenn Verified Driver

Region: CCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Glenn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Dan, great seeying you this weekend! Who won the race in SM?

--------------------
Glenn
Crew chief Meathead Racing, NE Region Sales Division Race Engineering, The GOLD standard in SM engines, Occasional race slave for OPM Autosports

E-Speed Motorsports Verified Driver

Region: CCR/NCR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for E-Speed Motorsports     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Glenn:
Who won the race in SM?

1 John Peterson
2 Dan Tiley
3 Stephen Figura
4 Estus White
5 Raymond Philbert/Juan Delgado
6 James Mitchell
7 Mark Scharnow
8 Don Arns
9 Bill Cullen
10 Bill O Brien/Paul Overstreet/Curtis Baldwin
11 Gene Ratchford
Steve Bertok DNF with wiring issues
Charles Veth DNS due to SARRC start problems
James Sejd DNS due to??

--------------------
everything was fine after they got the fire put out.

E-Speed Motorsports
Race Engineering

Dan Tiley Verified Driver Series Champ
Are you followin' me, camera guy???

Region: SEDIV
Car #: 33
Year : Whatever's Available!
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Wow... thanks for all of the kind words everyone! What a great season it was indeed. We ran 8 races earning 7 poles, 6 podiums over 5 weekends with 4 borrowed racecars on 3 sets of tires at 2 different tracks with 1 only botched pit stop.

It's clear to me now that it is absolutely vital to run over the top of the SRF a couple of hours before your final race of an unclinched championship. I was mooching George Fusners's car for the final CCPS at VIR, with he running the SARRC earlier on Sunday. When he got caught up in the melee (literally driving over a SRF) at the start of the SARRC, I was sure I was out of a ride for the CCPS. Thanks to Steve and Jonathan of Panic Motorsports, the car was wrapped back together with bubble gum and duct tape, ready to do battle in the final race with time to spare. I played off my broken hand from CMP last month as my 'excuse' for why I couldn't help [help] Good thing too.... Bertok did exactly the same thing one year ago after loaning his car out for the SARRC, which also decided to use a SRF as a launch ramp right before his championship race en route to the 2009 championship.

Thanks a ton to Jason Owenby for loaning out 'Blacky' for races 1-5, and "Whitey" for race #6. Alex Gaines offered up his camo car for race #7, and George Fusner loaned me his rocketship for race #8. Thanks also to 'The Icon' Bob Thornton of Race Engineering for all of the support this year in the pits. I'm proud to call you a great friend. All 4 cars were RE powered and were definitely capable of winning races.

The Carolina Cup Pro Series folks do a great job each year putting this very unique series together. There's great racing, and a very challenging format with cash payouts typically unheard of in other club racing series.

Most of all, Becky and I (and now little Ava too) are extremely grateful for all of the great friends we've made in the SEDIV. We've been welcomed with open arms by all that we've met after moving here from MI. I will admit, however, that I need to pull out my 'How to Speak Southern' translation guide every now and then. We still make our annual pilgrimage to Mid-Ohio in hopes to convince our GLDiv friends to make the same move!

Can't wait for the 2011 Season to begin... perhaps even in my own car for once!

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Sponsored by Race Engineering

Spec Miata's fastest and best supported engine program!

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Car #: 5
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Awesome !! Where are you going to put the tattoo?

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by D.B. Cutler:

Already got it. Sometimes it says "Champ" and sometimes it says "2010 Carolina Cup Pro Series Champion". Kinda depends on the mood.

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Jose Bonet Verified Driver

Region: CCR - 61
Car #: 79
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jose Bonet     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations to the top 3 in CCPS!! You guys deserve it, class acts all around.
Wish i could have been there...

--------------------
Jose Bonet

AllardK3 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ

Region: Az
Car #: 13
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for AllardK3     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Dan!

Keep up the good work next season!
You need to come out to AZ and race with us in the double national this January!

Mike

--------------------
Mike Donick

Bob Thornton - Race Engineering Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber. - Sir Winston Churchill

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 48
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bob Thornton - Race Engineering   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

This class is so cool sometimes. I guess the friendship and chamaraderie are what keep us all coming back.

I am so proud of Dan for winning the championship, the first of many more I am sure. And am even more proud of Jason, George, Alex, Steve and company for rallying around Dan and making sure he had a car to race. That is pretty rare in motor sports these days.

So congratulations to all the Carolina Cup participants. I am looking forward to a another great Carolina Cup championship battle next season.

--------------------
Bob Thornton
http://www.raceengineering.org
Race Engineering Championship Winning Engines

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Tiley:
quote:
Originally posted by D.B. Cutler:

Already got it. Sometimes it says "Champ" and sometimes it says "2010 Carolina Cup Pro Series Champion". Kinda depends on the mood.
[rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Way to go Dan!!! And with a broken right hand no less! [thumbsup]

Great seeing you, Becky and little 'AJ' this weekend. I've been lobbying the other yankees to follow D&D down to VIR - if they go once they'll keep goin back.

quote:
I need to pull out my 'How to Speak Southern' translation guide every now and then.
I've lived with Deb 21+ years and I still don't know what the hell she's saying half the time. [Big Grin]

JST #16 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: GLD. # 16
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JST #16     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dan, Way to go! [thumbsup] Very cool!.

P.S. Please, don't ever show me your tatoo. [burst]

--------------------
Jeff Thompson
SM #16 - Detroit Region
Great Lake Division

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Car #: 5
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I saw it once. It's hard to read because the font is super small.

E-4 Verified Driver

Region: CCR and NCR
Car #: 00
Year : early 1600
Icon 1 posted  Profile for E-4     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

great job to dan and all the carolina cup participants for putting on a great season of racing.

thanks to Espeed motorsports we made it through another year of beatin and bangin. along with the REpower, we ended up pretty well!

thanks everyone! see yah next year

--------------------
first or last baby. thats the way we do it!

E-Speed Motorsports
Race Engineering

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations Dan!

I can't believe all those other drivers fell for the "Broken Arm" routine. Did that other carpetbagger (Thornton) teach you that one?

I've considered coming down and running sometime, but Lance indicated that you have minimum speed limits down south.

Take care of the family on your way to the top.

Jerry

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

Jason Owenby Verified Driver

Car #: 35
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Owenby   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Big Congrats Dan!!!!
I have to say when you loan your car to Dan
It comes back with a Ti-speed touch [yep] [yep]

--------------------
http://www.jomotorsports.com
http://www.raceengineering.org

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Owenby:
Big Congrats Dan!!!!
I have to say when you loan your car to Dan
It comes back with a Ti-speed touch [yep] [yep]

... And a dented fender [Smash]

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I gotta say, that Ti-Speed guy is doing some OUTSTANDING engineering. I'd love to have Dan build a car for me.

I predict great things.

quote:
Originally posted by d mathias:
I gotta say, that Ti-Speed guy is doing some OUTSTANDING engineering. I'd love to have Dan build a car for me.

I predict great things.

Thanks Denny! Let me know when you're ready to pull the trigger. We'll build up the next D&D Racing V2.0 cage complete with adjustable seat height/travel and shoulder belt heights for you and the lady. Plus it'll be a great excuse to get you two over for some Carolina BBQ!

--------------------
Dan Tiley

[thumbsup]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: