Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » Sebring Turkey Trot-Who plans on racing? (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Author Topic: Sebring Turkey Trot-Who plans on racing?
Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Who is planning on coming to the Turkey Trot?

--------------------
Paul McLester

Alex Bolanos Verified Driver Series Champ

Car #: 18
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

In

CarbonRacer

Region: Florida
Car #: 31
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CarbonRacer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I want to race but I have to find a JUNKYARD Motor and trans first. Gonna need it to run with the big boys.

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The ones that I know of are,
ME
Chip
Alex B
Jeff La bounty
Cliffy Chains
Andrew Von C (in his runoffs car)
Cliff Brown
and I'm guessing another 50 drivers!
Man I love the SE. So far for this regional we have 2 ARRC winners, a runoffs winner, a sic winner, SE National points champ, 2 regional champs, the Sebring long and Short track record holders, and others that have a whole lot of wins.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Tucker:

I love that title!

I would come, but not sure I have the qualifications to run with you guys anymore! [Big Grin] I really would like to make the Turkey Trot one time.

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great chance to practice starts for the Jan National! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Paul McLester

Cliffy Chains

Region: Central FL
Car #: 17
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think the 2010 Insitgator of the year will have his hands full with the company at this regional event.... [help]

Now whats better a 50+ car field at Sebring or the Sebring Billards bar with Free all you can drink, a live band and a stripper pole 20 feet tall??? [scratchchin]

--------------------
BDR Motorsports, Autotechnik
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

ARRC 2010 Champ

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Cliffy Chains:
I think the 2010 Insitgator of the year will have his hands full with the company at this regional event.... [help]

Now whats better a 50+ car field at Sebring or the Sebring Billards bar with Free all you can drink, a live band and a stripper pole 20 feet tall??? [scratchchin]

And a Sushi bar next door that lets you answer the phone and take orders! There will be many fast cars at the Turkey Trot; certainly to many to know who will win it. I am just lucky to be able to race against some of the best drivers in the country. I am smelling a new track record (for someone) when that 10 car draft starts to roll. The real question is, how many cars can we get through turn 17 at the same time coming to the checker.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Cliffy Chains

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cliffy Chains   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Judging by the way Midget and Von C tried to go thru the toll booth, T17 5 wide should be a breeze... [Big Grin]
 -
 -

--------------------
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

JCawley

Region: Bucaneer
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JCawley   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in! Can't miss an opportunity like this.

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
Judging by the way Midget and Von C tried to go thru the toll booth, T17 5 wide should be a breeze... [Big Grin]
 -
 -

Isn't that what Von C did to that poor guy in turn 1 at the short course?

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

Jim Creighton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Creighton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Too bad that the powers that are removed this from SARRC status a few years ago. Used to always have 300 plus cars. Only 224 cars in 2009 of which 50 were SM. Long way for the north boys to tow for no points.

Maybe someone needs to ask that it be reinstated as a SARRC event next year.

Have fun and see all of you at the Sebring National.

--------------------
Jim Creighton
SARRC Administrator

JIM DANIELS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Site Founder

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 76
Year : "You Pick"
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JIM DANIELS   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It the SM5 class was approved and if the MX5 was in ITS and not ITR, might be 500 cars there next year, im just saying.......

Thanks for your effort gang!

--------------------
Jim Daniels

MAZDARACERS.COM

CarbonRacer

Icon 1 posted  Profile for CarbonRacer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You forgot to list "2010 Get In The Bush Bitch".
[laughing]

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
Originally posted by CarbonRacer:
You forgot to list "2010 Get In The Bush Bitch".
[laughing]

Thats what Redbull and Vodka will do to you!

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

CarbonRacer

Then we have to do it again cause that was the funniest night so far.

Congratulations on the Championship.

CHIP VAN 01
WHO NEEDS EXIT SPEED WHEN YOU HAVE HORSEPOWER !!!!!

Region: FL REG
Car #: 01 02 03
Year : 90 93 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CHIP VAN 01     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

IM READY !!!!!
JUST GOT BACK FROM THE WINDTUNNEL TESTING

[Cool] [Cool] [Cool] [Cool] [Cool]

--------------------
www.AutoTechnikRacing.com

2010 SM NATIONAL POINTS CHAMPION
( I kicked Von C's A$$ )
2008 , 2009 and 2010 SE Division National SM Champion

Cliffy Chains

was that windtunnel for the hair or the car?? [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

CFRRaceBoard

Region: Central Florida Region
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CFRRaceBoard   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Tucker:
The ones that I know of are,
ME
Chip
Alex B
Jeff La bounty
Cliffy Chains
Andrew Von C (in his runoffs car)
Cliff Brown
and I'm guessing another 50 drivers!
Man I love the SE. So far for this regional we have 2 ARRC winners, a runoffs winner, a sic winner, SE National points champ, 2 regional champs, the Sebring long and Short track record holders, and others that have a whole lot of wins.

CFRRaceBoard

Icon 1 posted  Profile for CFRRaceBoard   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well, I screwed that up........................

Jamie, don't forget the soon to be crowned CFR SM champ (we know who that is)

Looking forward to see you all at Sebring!
Have a happy Thanksgiving.

I have to us this log in since for some reason they will not isue me my own.

Jack
CFR Pace Car
CFR Pointskeeper

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
Originally posted by CHIP VAN 01:
IM READY !!!!!
JUST GOT BACK FROM THE WINDTUNNEL TESTING

[Cool] [Cool] [Cool] [Cool] [Cool]

Chip! I have some tires for you to use. You know the ones that are just different. [Razz] [laughing] [banghead]

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

SM has its own run group for the Trot as the other groups complained that they didn't want to start with us!

--------------------
Paul McLester

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Look forward to seeing you all there - one of the most fun weekends of the year (when turn 1 concrete wall doesnt burn to the ground).

Chip you sporting a new hairstyle?????

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alex Bolanos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Who is bringing Hoosiers?

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Alex Bolanos:

Doesnt that kind of take the fun out of it? What are they 1 to 1.5 seconds faster there?

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

Cliffy Chains

quote:
Originally posted by Drago:
quote:

Doesnt that kind of take the fun out of it? What are they 1 to 1.5 seconds faster there?
Now who would run Hoosiers or Even FUEL for that matter at a Regional Event??? [scratchchin]

--------------------
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

quote:
quote:
quote:

Now who would run Hoosiers or Even FUEL for that matter at a Regional Event??? [scratchchin]
There was both fuel and hoosiers at the event last year, that's why I bring it up. I know none of the autotechnik boys will be on either and I'm pretty sure we fully intend on publicly humiliating anyone that is ;p

CarbonRacer

Public humiliation in SM never happens, right???
[rolling on floor laughin]

MegaModerator

By the way... Current ERC fuels that are legal in 2010 are not legal for 2011. Not sure if, what or when they will come up with something new. The hope is that anything new that passes is so expensive and so little gain that it won't be worth running it. The ban on ethers really is going to be almost impossible to beat. The ERC MZX7 was almost 50% ethers.

Any interest in some type of gentlemans agreement to run POG for all nationals? I will sign up if the rest "Chip" of the front runners "Van" decide to run only pog "Vurst" for the entire season in all nationals.

We can define

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

quote:
By the way... Current ERC fuels that are legal in 2010 are not legal for 2011. Not sure if, what or when they will come up with something new. The hope is that anything new that passes is so expensive and so little gain that it won't be worth running it. The ban on ethers really is going to be almost impossible to beat. The ERC MZX7 was almost 50% ethers.

Any interest in some type of gentlemans agreement to run POG for all nationals? I will sign up if the rest "Chip" of the front runners "Van" decide to run only pog "Vurst" for the entire season in all nationals.

We can define

My "callout" post above was a result of a conversation I had with the Chipster the other day so yes... I'm sure he's down with POG (he event has a sticker on the green monster toolbox ;p)

ARRC 2010 Champ

Anybody that shows up with fuel or anything other then Toyo tires will get a public beat down the likes that hasn't been seen since the 2009 ARRC. There is no title on the line, no money to be made, just a bunch of drivers ready to drive their hearts out to get the win. With the level of drivers at this event and the fact that everyone knows the track it will be very very close; probably the best race of the year.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

TaxMan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Willing to trade tax advice for Miata parts...

Region: Florida Region
Car #: 7
SMIM: TaxMan
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TaxMan   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If I can find my car under all the stuff I've stacked on it, I think I might so up for my first Trot since 2001.

--------------------
Gary Jenkins
SEDIV Spec Miata Advisory Committe
AOL IM:PBLRacing

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:

We can define

I hope we all run POG, that would be great. Atlanta region did a great job at the ARRC by putting the track fuel in the supps. The only problem was that it was 98 octane at $9.50 a gallon so no one ran it. If we would have been able to use the 93 octane pump at $3.50 it would have been a perfect deal. Is it possible to do something like that for the Nationals?

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

CHIP VAN 01
WHO NEEDS EXIT SPEED WHEN YOU HAVE HORSEPOWER !!!!!

Region: FL REG
Car #: 01 02 03
Year : 90 93 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CHIP VAN 01     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

POG AND RA1 is the way to go at the Turkey Trot. In the past some of us took some liberties i.e. tires, gas or more (myself included) but this year we are going to straighten things out. If any one shows up with funny gas or hoosiers they will be outed and stripped of any dignity they thought they had. For starters, one of the punishments will be that we will stick VON C on your ass with his utube antics every day for a month straight.
/ [yep] [yep] [yep] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
www.AutoTechnikRacing.com

2010 SM NATIONAL POINTS CHAMPION
( I kicked Von C's A$$ )
2008 , 2009 and 2010 SE Division National SM Champion

ARRC 2010 Champ

quote:
POG AND RA1 is the way to go at the Turkey Trot. In the past some of us took some liberties i.e. tires, gas or more (myself included) but this year we are going to straighten things out. If any one shows up with funny gas or hoosiers they will be outed and stripped of any dignity they thought they had. For starters, one of the punishments will be that we will stick VON C on your ass with his utube antics every day for a month straight.
/ [yep] [yep] [yep] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

Von C on your ass is not the way to go but POG and RA1s are! It should be a lot of fun........ and the racing should be good as well.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion

OPM AUTOSPORTS INC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 60 65 67
Year : 1990 1999 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for OPM AUTOSPORTS INC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Jamie, since we made our own fuel rules for the ARRC we should be able to do it for Nationals ?

--------------------
-Tom Fowler-
OPM Autosports / SMAC MEMBER
http://www.opmautosports.com

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here I come!

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMdy-U140O8

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

MegaModerator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssVyEN_TjP4&feature=related

South East drivers discussing POG for Turkey Trot

--------------------
Blake Clements

www.blakeclements.com

MegaModerator

quote:
/ ::

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com

EAST STREET RACING

racerfink Verified Driver
Gig 'em Aggies

Car #: 111
Year : '90 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for racerfink     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Blake Clements:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssVyEN_TjP4&feature=related

South East drivers discussing POG for Turkey Trot

Most drivers in the SEDiv don't have that much hair... [duck]

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500
http://www.AutoTechnikRacing.com
www.myspace.com/projecthband

60 SM entries plus late arrivals for the weekend races.

--------------------
Paul McLester

Cliffy Chains

For all those that missed the event, you missed a great time.

Wow what a showing of the power of the 99's for sure [Smile] I'd ask for help for my 1.6, but I think all I'd get is a torque wrench. [rolling on floor laughin]

oddly enough I seen a sign on the way home,
"Next stop for Fuel 50 miles" [laughing]

--------------------
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Cliffie

if you would just keep your wheel nuts torque that DOP 1.6 of your would have cleaned up some pretty top shelf 99's!!!! [Smash]

Also feel really sorry for the Cuban missile!.

Alex got the flier of a lifetime on Saturdays race, but the double yellow nixed his lead. He then royally screwed up the first restart. We then had another double yellow allowing him to get back in the game, but I had such a flier on that restart that it was over at the green flag, and I took the turkey trophy.

Despite the restarts it was a really fun race - 3 single lap qualifiers with cool down laps in between. A whole new experience!

On Sunday Alex made no mistakes (well none except the really big one). He pulled out a massive lead - I mean different time zone lead. Cliffie Chains was motoring in 2nd placen and Chip, Andrew and myself were having a ding dong back in 3, 4 and 5th place, until Chain's wheel just about fell off in T17.

Alex was long gone, that is until he ran out of fuel on the last lap. [Eek!] Andrew and Chip got by, Alex held me off by a nosehair for 3rd.

Sorry Alex - the new paint job looks good, but you gotta get it ALL right to walk away with the turkey in this class.

All kidding aside. Alex looked to be the fast guy all weekend. For sure the talent in the 2011 season will run real deep! SEDiv will be the place to play!

--------------------
Danny
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Bob Thornton - Race Engineering Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber. - Sir Winston Churchill

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 48
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bob Thornton - Race Engineering   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sounds like you guys had a great time! Sorry I missed it. Danny, congratulations on Saturday's win. Just spoke to Alex, he said he had a great weekend, for the exception of the running out of gas part [Big Grin]
See everybody at the Winter Nationals!

--------------------
Bob Thornton
http://www.raceengineering.org
Race Engineering Championship Winning Engines

Cliffy Chains

Danny I have some video I will edit later and get up, that slide in T1 started around the apex and seemed like it went on forever. [boggled]

I stayed where I was just to get some great video of the T1 "Rainman" style point bonus method!! [Eek!]

Great to see a good mix of cars up front 99's with some 1.8's and a 1.6

--------------------
Cliff Blanchard
Down on power 1.6
Sluggish overweight 99'

Fun weekend for sure, seems like I finally have my 99 sorted. It'd be nice if the stewards would end a 30 min race in 30 mins though.. I think I would have made it if it weren't for the two extra laps =(

I'm also very happy to report that nobody (in the front anyway) was on fuel or purple tires... Can't wait for January!

MegaModerator

Where is Here I Come National Champion? Did he pawn his computer?

--------------------
Blake Clements

www.blakeclements.com

Steve D. Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Once you get past the gag reflex, the jelly ain't bad!

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 30
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve D.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Steyn:
Despite the restarts it was a really fun race - 3 single lap qualifiers with cool down laps in between. A whole new experience!

I drove over to see Sebring for the first time on Saturday. There's just something special about going to a track with such rich history.

The SM race was fun to watch - probably more so because of the "competition yellows" a la NASCAR. Danny may have been doing his rain dance - and it was working - but his timing was all screwed up!! Completely dry for the 4-sprints-within-one-race format.

I look forward to driving that track some day.

quote:
Danny I have some video I will edit later and get up, that slide in T1 started around the apex and seemed like it went on forever. [boggled]

Please post that vid - I actually held the slide for the entire T1 (from turn in to track out)> it was pretty scary to be sideways at 90mph and I was a little worried for you and Andrew coming through while I was facing the wrong way!

--------------------
Danny
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: