Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA South-East » Introduction

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Introduction
MedlinRacing

Region: SouthEast
Car #: 5
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for MedlinRacing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hello All,

I just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone in the local SM community.

My name is Richard Medlin and I love driving/racing just about anything from R/C cars on a national level to go-carts.

Racing background info:

I've been racing Nascar Limited Latemodel Stockcars now for going on 5 years. Up until earlier this year left turns were all that I knew as a right turn was a bad idea. I was able to run in one of the Lemons race's at CMP and must say that I was quite supprised. Following that I rode up to VIR to help out during a race a month or so ago and I knew right then that the next time I showed up at a road course I wouldn't be just watching. I plan to learn alot from the few guys that I have had the opprotunity to meet.( Chris Gilder, Nash Lawson, Matt Mcbride, and Tony Temple ) and hopefully be up to speed towards the end of the season next year as I get more comfortable in the Miata. I look forward to going wheel to wheel with you guys soon.

Nash Lawson

Region: CCR
Car #: 90
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Nash Lawson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good to have you.

--------------------
NASA SE 2010 SM Regional Champion

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Welcome Richard

Youre gonna love the SEDiv - top class racers that will still offer help everytime.

Stop by the OPM trailer anytime and say hi. Get yourself a Traqmate for data, as we all run it in the SE and most racers will share data, and point you in the right direction.

On the other hand if you start kicking our asses, then ignore everything I said above.

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

Bob Thornton - Race Engineering Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber. - Sir Winston Churchill

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 48
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bob Thornton - Race Engineering   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Richard, gald to welcome you to the SM community.
Hope to see you at the races soon.
Bob

--------------------
Bob Thornton
http://www.raceengineering.org
Race Engineering Championship Winning Engines

mr von charbonneau

Region: 83
Car #: any
Year : any
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mr von charbonneau   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

good luck rich we dont fight after a race. did two late model trips. hillbilly rich

[Big Grin] ps do you drink moonshine

Jim Creighton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Creighton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Andrew, may I remind you of the VIR race a couple of years ago when I had Cheatin Chip on one side and Demolition Derek on the other. I felt like a piece of thin cut ham between two pieces of thick cut whole grain. Thank goodness Toni came to my rescue. They were both afraid of her!

Let me know when you want to go short trackin again. I'll get you a Pro Cup ride-- 680 HP, 3200 lbs cars at Bristol running average speed of 130 MPH on 1/2 mile track. Talk about a trip!

--------------------
Jim Creighton
SARRC Administrator

MedlinRacing

Icon 1 posted  Profile for MedlinRacing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I'll try my best to stay out of your way next season.

Danny I dont see that happening anytime soon so no worries.

Von I'll drink just about anything and my plan is to bring the after race excitement back to SM racing.

Jim I had to pass up on the opprotunity to run the LM at Bristol with the UARA series but I couldn't imagine a pro-cup car. Bet it would be loads of fun though.

mr von charbonneau

Icon 1 posted  Profile for mr von charbonneau   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

i will do it jim this old man wont stay down.

love circ track easy stuff add wedge and a beer can im in

mr von charbonneau

ps no punches thrown but alot of egoes.

must say i won that race thanks to dreck holding the feild up. so i could get the people eating barnie machine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE62vpWywYs

mr von charbonneau

charbonneau vs lamb very funny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHXXZwfGrP4&NR=1

mr von charbonneau

here i come
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y-yFoD03Ls&NR=1

mr von charbonneau

blake wanting a new motor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvnfmWsLbsY&feature=related

mr von charbonneau

auto tecknick coming to you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IRo-Ydyy84&feature=related

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

VIR in May, SARRC/MARRS Challenge driver's meeting, CS warns that post-race death threats will not be tolerated.

Was this a problem?

Motor City Hamilton

Region: Great Lakes/Detroit
Car #: 51
Year : 1994 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Richard,

Did you race onroad or offroad in R/C. I raced from age 12 for about 20 years. National level, sponsors, the whole deal. Another world level R/Cer now in Spec Miata is Dave Heckler. He was a factory driver for Team Trinity and qualified for worlds in 1/12th scale a number of times.

Don't forget all the things you learned about car set ups while racing R/C. It all transfers over and will be a huge advantage to you.

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

MCH actually stands by the fence with a transmitter when he races. [Wink]

Motor City Hamilton

Region: Great Lakes/Detroit
Car #: 51
Year : 1994 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Trying to get a remote controlled Honda approved for 24 hours of Lemons. My team, "The Half-Scale Racers" are all national champion R/C racers. Drive by camera.

MedlinRacing

I actually race/raced onraod,off-road, and oval. Lots of previous sponsors etc.

Road- Raced for fun but did have some Team Assocaited backing at the time.

Oval-
1999 4-cell stock TQ and national Champ (ROAR)
1996 made the ROAR Super Truck A-main at 14 yrs old.
NC state champ in stock numerious years

OffRoad- Raced for fun mostly as well but was able to qualify in the A-main at the yearly Team Losi Champs in Florida 4 years in Stock Truck and 1 in Sportsman Mod Truck and Sportsman Mod 4wd.

During that time I had sponsorship help from Associated, Jaco, SMC, Futaba, BSR tires, SRC cells, Team eXpress and im sure Im forgetting others.

R/C was and is still a great time and your right as far as setup goes. I have been able to use alot of information runing R/C oval that transfer directly over to my fullsize stockcar.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: