Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Central » Roll call Nelsons or The Beave? (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Author Topic: Roll call Nelsons or The Beave?
Gary S. Verified Driver

Region: Steel Cities
Car #: 20
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gary S.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Okay,let's have a show of hands. I'm decidedly undecided.
Gary S.

miatabob Verified Driver

Region: 89
Car #: 13
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for miatabob     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I will be at BeaveRun.

Bob

--------------------
Bob Welch
Blue #13

Mirwin Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ

Region: Neohio
Car #: 46
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mirwin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It's the Nelsonring for me.

--------------------
CenDiv #46 SM
Engineering Technician
KUMHO America Technical Center

hawke Verified Driver

Region: steel cities
Icon 1 posted  Profile for hawke     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nelson

rx7driver Verified Driver

Region: NASA GL - SCCA Stl Cities
Car #: 32
Icon 1 posted  Profile for rx7driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mike, come on. Kumho is sponsoring the Beaverun event. What is a Kumho sponsorship without the Kumho man himself.

I have a wedding this weekend that I have to attend, but if I wasn't going to the wedding, I would be at Beaverun.

See you all soon,

Greg S.

--------------------
---------------
Greg Stasiowski
#32 SM

hawke Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for hawke     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Greg leave Mirwin alone his loyality is where it belongs Nelson today Nelson tommorrow Nelson forever!!

Joe Lee Verified Driver
I find the term 'member' too suggestive

Region: NASA Northeast
Car #: 99
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Joe Lee   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

BeaveRun. It's the S.M.A.R.T. choice! [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Lee (Black 99 - Not mine!)
NASA Northeast Regional Director, Retired.
www.nasanortheast.com

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mirwin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

hehe, I just spent 4 days last week at the Beave, I need a Nelson fix! Rudy's the KUMHO MAN, I'm just a guy who works for Kumho, racin' my wreck-me-otter [Smile]

--------------------
CenDiv #46 SM
Engineering Technician

Wild Willy, the Orange Krate is fixed ??

--------------------
CenDiv #46 SM
Engineering Technician

Dwayne Hoover Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dwayne Hoover     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I really wanted to go Beavis on this one, but a wedding is keeping me grounded to Nelson ... because Group 1 at Nelson means I can still get to the 4:30 wedding in Avon.

(See, my priorities are straight ... unlike Greg! [Razz] )

--------------------
Visit the Midland City Arts Festival!

Icon 1 posted  Profile for rx7driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Are there any tracks in the upper peninsula of Michigan? Huh, maybe I could try my hand at rally. Dave was telling me of his adventures up there. What rental car would make the best rally car? Dave, can you provide me with some route info?

--------------------
---------------
Greg Stasiowski
#32 SM

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dwayne Hoover     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Most of Michigan isn't even paved, Greg. The UP is mostly igloos, and under constant threat of attack from drunken Canadian terrorists on snowmobiles.

Best to just stay down here where it is safe.

--------------------

Gary S. Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gary S.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Let's see, the Beave: 50 min., Nelsons: 2 nights in the Hindu Hilton, The Beave: pre paid (remember April?), Nelsons: a chance to beat Bennett, the Beave: flush toilets, Nelsons: flush toilet...................

hawke Verified Driver

Mirwin I think its working right the oil in the intake must have been the PCV valve. At least I hope so. I may not get there til Saturday though Dam new job!

hawke Verified Driver

[censored] (-MB [Smile] )

[ 06-08-2005, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Mark Bennett ]

[censored] [Smile] (-MB)

[ 06-08-2005, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Mark Bennett ]

--------------------
---------------
Greg Stasiowski
#32 SM

T.J. Kearney Verified Driver
Male Member

Region: Finger Lakes
Car #: 85
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for T.J. Kearney     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Our online race sign-up isnt setup for the Nelson race, but I can attest that 3 local SM/SSM's will be there. Unfortunately I wont be one of them....I'll save the excuses since the locals already ridiculed me....but you should see (from Upstate NY):

- Boehly (and Dad in ITA)
- Walsh (from one Spec to another)
- Perry (hopefully he's driving along w/Scrutineer duties)

Thiel looks to have had some issues at the 12 hour and I dont know if they were minor or major. Dunno if he'll be there...guessing he will if they were minor.

Wish I was there...

--------------------
Tom Kearney
SSM #85
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in for BeaverRun. As an aside, I need some more SMART events.
Rick
P.S. Does the splitting of the group mean no Miataville? (I'm bringing Corona with lime wedges anyway.)
P.P.S I have one old Kuhmo on a rim. Should I bring it? [Roll Eyes]

[ 06-08-2005, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Mark Bennett ]

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

D Watts Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just going in circles

Car #: 66
SMIM: dwatts66
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D Watts   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We'll I'm in for Nelson. Since I've decided to run the 12-Hour, I need to try a few things.

As for rallying in the UP Greg, just grab any car (as long as it isn't yours or someone's that you talk to regularly) and head down one of their "roads". These are normally dirt/gravel/sand. Remember never look at the trees or you will hit them. And if you wreck, just strip the car of traceable evidence and leave it. There are more wrecked cars up there than you realize.

--------------------
David Watts
GLDiv #66

John the Impaler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for John the Impaler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by hawke:
Nelson

Payback time for that brake hose I sent you last year...you better have a beer swimming somewhere in a cooler, with my name on it.

Leaving the SRF at home, bringing the SSM. You guys have to be nice to me...I'm not used to having a windshield at Nelson.

Thiel busted a diff at the 12 Hour, but he's got one from Cefalo and he claims he's going to Nelson Legistan this weekend. Donuts for everbody...Yeeehar !

Kearney pooches out...and the abuse is just starting to flow.

AMS Verified Driver
Almost the worst driver in the class.

Region: OVR
Car #: 72
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for AMS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am in for BeaveRun.

Angie

Joe Lee Verified Driver
I find the term 'member' too suggestive

Region: NASA Northeast
Car #: 99
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Joe Lee   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Only 3 SMs registered for the Beav so far - including me!

Come on!!

--------------------
Joe Lee (Black 99 - Not mine!)
NASA Northeast Regional Director, Retired.
www.nasanortheast.com

cboehly Verified Driver

Region: FLR
Car #: 78
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cboehly     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My dad and I will be at Legistan (Congrats Walsh on 12 hr ssc win). Anyone going to the test day?

--------------------
Charlie Boehly

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in for Nelson. Be there Saturday early AM. Dave, Mark, save me a spot up in the corner, I Can't do much walking.

Charlie

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

MiataRacer31 Verified Driver
Racing Junkie

Car #: 31
Icon 1 posted  Profile for MiataRacer31   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll be at the Beave.

--------------------
Dale
http://users.zoominternet.net/~blacktopracing

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Watt... I mean, what? Dave's not going to defend his SMART Series point lead at the Beave. Alan, here's your chance to make up some ground.

I'd be happy to race at either track this weekend, but I've been promised a delivery of diff parts. I'll be thinking about y'all having fun while I'm lying on my back trying to keep gear lube from running down to my armpits.

"Hindu Hilton", "Legistan", geeez yous guys crack me up. [burst] Good luck everybody.

-Denny

hawke Verified Driver

John:
The beer gets loaded before the car so don't worry and Greg it sounds like you need some lessons on ... [censored] [Smile] (-MB)

Bill

[ 06-08-2005, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Mark Bennett ]

Veteran Member

Denny, that's BS ... we could have my spare open diff in that sucker by 8:00 tonight! I got a diff, I got a lift, wham bam, 1 hour max and your armpits will be as happy as ... well ... as happy as your armpits can be I guess.

The Wattsmobile will be undergoing 12 hour shakedown at Nelson ... the car should be safe this weekend since it sounds like all the kamikaze pilots will be at the Beave. [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------

[censored] [Smile] (-MB)

how far can we go before Mark "moderates" us?

Mike

[ 06-08-2005, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Mark Bennett ]

--------------------
CenDiv #46 SM
Engineering Technician

sungod1971 Verified Driver

Region: Cincinnati
Car #: 76
Icon 1 posted  Profile for sungod1971   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I will be at one or the other -- I have not yet decided. As much as I would like to be lapping the Beaver, I would prefer to run at Nelson to get my regional license requirements completed. Yet, getting some time going at the Beaver sounds like potentially more fun. What to do?

--Best from, Mark

Icon 1 posted  Profile for sungod1971   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Oh, I forgot to ask -- does Nelson have showers? Based the comments I have read here, one would believe that indoor plumbing is scarce and I may be crapping in a hole (don't light a match...).

--Best from, Mark

Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

r.e. Nelson:
"showers" - yes
Crapping in a hole - again yes.

Denny - DO IT man, just DO IT !!!

--------------------
CenDiv #46 SM
Engineering Technician

Veteran Member

The Moderator would merely like to say that he greatly respects all his female competitors [yep]

But yeah ... I'm going to go on a moderating binge here in a sec!

--------------------

D Watts Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just going in circles

Car #: 66
SMIM: dwatts66
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D Watts   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Denny - Mike meant "Do the diff swap!" Not the crap in a hole.

Sungod Mark, come to Nelson...all the cool kids are doing it. I suggest [censored] [Smile] (-MB) Just because it sounds like fun, does mean it's good for you.

(Psst MB...you forgot about Wild Willy. He'll be at Nelson. Do I have to worry about that Post guy??)

[ 06-08-2005, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Mark Bennett ]

--------------------
David Watts
GLDiv #66

Veteran Member

Rumor is Post is coming to Nelson, also 12 hour shakedown ... the PA guys, Beaverun, and NASA kind of got mugged on this one, I think most of us were planning on BeaveRun until everyone got insane and decided to run the 12 hour.

--------------------

Sungod Mark, you DO have a choice. You can xxxx in a hole, or you can stand in line for the "F. Reed Andrews Memorial Reading Room". It flushes. Come to Nelson!

I'd like to say that I also have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for my female competitors, and non-competitors too, we wuz just talkin' bout racin' [Smile]

And I WAS xxxxing the Beaver last Wednesday. Repeatedly

And DW, what I really meant was, If Den doesn't do the diff thing, well, then he may as well just go xxxx in a hole!

--------------------
CenDiv #46 SM
Engineering Technician

I appreciated Mr. Bennett's offer, but I have a comp diff arriving at Casa de Mathias on Friday (hopefully), and I need to have the car ready for the following weekend. Deb and I traveling to Charlotte NC to get some REAL BBQ, and as long as we're there, we're going to race at Lowes and visit family in Raleigh.

See all you at Mid-O in July.

Denny "xxxxing in a hole" Mathias

Ok, I'm not one to be influenced by peer pressure (hell, I'm not one to turn down beaver either, paper bags or mass quantities of alcohol not withstanding), but I believe I will go to Nelson. Should I be concerned for my safety moreso at Nelson than, say, other tracks? What about paddock space? Do I need to reserve now, or can I just show up? This will be my first time ever towing my trailer and car to a race, and have no idea what to expect. Thanks for all of your advice and support.

--Best from, Mark

P.S. Do they furnish toilet paper, or will we be using leaves?

John the Impaler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for John the Impaler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mr. Sungod ('Ra' for short ?),

Put $20 in an envelope, mark it "Mr. Impaler", hand it to Wilma the Chief Registrar and tell her 'Walsh gets this'. That will guarantee you one of the paved spots in the paddock that has electricity and water & cable hookup for the RV, and a window seat for Saturday dinner in the Paddock Club, without having to tip the maitre'de. Make sure you bring a jacket and tie, as they do have a strict dress code.

BTW, I believe that local etiquette and protocol requires that the "F. Reed Andrews Memorial Reading Room" be immediately surrendered if Reed hissownsef wants to use it. Don't know if he's registered for this weekend...but you better check before you break out the Encylopedia Brittanica in the Reading Room. You guys look awful silly doing the 'Sparco Penguin Walk' thru the Paddock Comfort Station.

BTW...no refunds. Ever.

Icon 19 posted  Profile for Mirwin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

OK, Den, if that's the way yer gonna be, off you go, to xxxx in a hole. Ya know I love ya anyway. -WANKER - [Razz]

SG Mark, Nelson's no more dangerous than any other track, long as you stay on it. Some sections of the course have a park-like setting, (trees), and some sections have close proximity to prime Florida real-estate (swamp).
Nothing's reserved in the paddock, just pull in and look for the Miatas. They tend to huddle together for safety. The track's one of the fastest 2 miles in the country, and everytime I return the Lane's are working on more improvements. Your gonna love it, I guarantee [yep]

Anyone? Anyone? Rothers? Krahe?
(Now that MB "gets" it, no-one ever does it anymore)

--------------------
CenDiv #46 SM
Engineering Technician

So Gary S., what's it gonna be? Bout time to be deciding, Road Garrettsville or the Beave?

Walsh - You crack me up!

--------------------
CenDiv #46 SM
Engineering Technician

Icon 16 posted  Profile for Mirwin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just to dispel any unfounded "paddock banter" I'm not putting on new tires before each qualifying session in the hopes of gaining an "unfair advantage", I'm simply heat-cycling sets to be used in the 12 HR. Really. Honest. I mean that. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
CenDiv #46 SM
Engineering Technician

Veteran Member

LOL .... just because Reed races a Honda doesn't mean he is ACTUALLY DEAD ... the door ACTUALLY says "F. Reed Andrews Reading Room".

I think.

--------------------

Brian Post Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 63
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Post     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll be at Nelson this weekend. It'll be nice to run one at home for a change.

Gary S. Verified Driver

Nelsons it is. You guys are having way more fun...and it's only Wednesday.

MiataRacer31 Verified Driver
Racing Junkie

Car #: 31
Icon 1 posted  Profile for MiataRacer31   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Now I wanna go back to Nelsons, but alas, financial reasons have me lapping the Beaver. I'm looking for a race at Mid-O and/or Watkind Glen (never raced there), so what event is everybody going to at those venues? I mean, if I can only do one race at Mid-O and/or The Glen this year, which one(s) should I shoot for? I'd also like to race at Road Atlanta (also a "never raced there" venue). I'm signed up for the August 13-14 NASA event, but I'm not 100% sure if I will make it. Sorry for going off on a tangent.

--------------------
Dale
http://users.zoominternet.net/~blacktopracing

Pat Newton Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Enduro addict

Region: Northwest, Oregon
Car #: 79
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by MiataRacer31:
Now I wanna go back to Nelsons, but alas, financial reasons have me lapping the Beaver.

See, now that's some funny s*#t right there. [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Crew Chief, 3D Racing #64, aka Team Scrappy 2.0
3rd place E2, 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Crew Chief, EGR/Miller Motorsports #64, aka Team Scrappy
E2 Champions, 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Gary S. Verified Driver

Dale is obviously a dedicated racer, he'll do anything for entry fees.

C'mon Newton, you still got time to join the fun. Just a short 2400 mile tow. About 6 yrs ago, I made it from here (Akron) to Bremerton towing a packed 24' trailer for a Solo II National in 2 days. It's EASY - Drive 20 hrs - sleep 4 - drive 20 hrs - collapse.

Where's the sign-up list for the free entry fees? If THAT'S all it takes, I'm in.

Mike (tempting MB's wrath) Irwin

--------------------
CenDiv #46 SM
Engineering Technician

Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: