Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Central » Golden Harvest? (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Author Topic: Golden Harvest?
Phil Mather Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Insert witty title here...

Region: Detroit
Car #: 06
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Phil Mather   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Who's in for the Nelson Golden Harvest? It will be my last race of the year. Hope to see you there!

Phil
Signing off from Pune, India
(You know your an SM.com addict when you're half way around the globe and still want to find out who you're racing against at the next event...)

--------------------
Phil

Support SpecMiata.com-Buy a CG-Lock!

http://www.TeamMatherMotorsport.com/specmiata

Dwayne Hoover Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dwayne Hoover     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Looks like a tough one ... myself, Stearns, and Schultz are all in, I think, (and Post will have a diff in the car?).

Track record in trouble? I think so, maybe.

--------------------
Visit the Midland City Arts Festival!

T.J. Kearney Verified Driver
Male Member

Region: Finger Lakes
Car #: 85
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for T.J. Kearney     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Don't forget "the Pumpkin" October 29th....last hurrah for the NelsonRing, 2005?

--------------------
Tom Kearney
SSM #85
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

nohairracing Verified Driver

Region: neohio
Car #: #50
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for nohairracing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It just got tougher.. myself, Bennett, Stearns and Schultz [rolling on floor laughin]
Pray for NO SNOW!
Howard

--------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dwayne Hoover     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by nohairracing:
It just got tougher.. myself, Bennett, Stearns and Schultz [rolling on floor laughin]
Pray for NO SNOW!
Howard

Uh-oh, Post ... Howard doesn't think you're a factor! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Brian Post Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Neohio
Car #: 63
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Post     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Provided Slone doesn't pop my motor again at Putnam, I'll be there. [Roll Eyes]

No diff yet. I've been spending too much time (and money) on Larry's new ride. It's just about ready for a cage. My diff will have to wait for the offseason.

We'll see if I'm "a factor". I am betting on Campbell for the overall win!

Icon 1 posted  Profile for nohairracing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I agree. Charlie has been fast! Just a matter of time.

Cambell
Bennett
Mellman
Post(my draft partner?)bad tires haha
Schultz and Stearns put each other out
[Eek!]

--------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Post     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Somebody figured out how to make their 1.8 move around the Nelsonring [Big Grin]

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

WOW thank you. That's a lot better than Herr calling me dangerous. Wish I could be there but thats the big weekend at the Glen. School, 3hour enduro and points race on Sunday and the NYSRRC points are getting very interesting. Planning on being there for the Pumpkin. Hope you all will be there.

Charlie

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

Veteran Member

quote:
Originally posted by Brian Post:
Somebody figured out how to make their 1.8 move around the Nelsonring [Big Grin]

Good point, I should rent #66 if I want an unfair advantage!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

D Watts Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just going in circles

Car #: 66
SMIM: dwatts66
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D Watts   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nope, ol' 66 ain't for rent. I'm still alleging that my 1.8 is a liability. Can't show all my cards yet. I'm still working on my Mr. Excitment (TM) restictor. Of course, I've never seen it, so it could be 25mm for all I know.

--------------------
David Watts
GLDiv #66

Rob Huffmaster

Car #: 27
Year : 2006
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rob Huffmaster     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey all,

i am pretty sure that i will be at this race, but whether i am racing my dads ITS car or my spec miata is yet to be decided, i'm torn [crackup] . either way it will be my first time to run nelson and i am really looking foward to it.

Rob

Brian

Region: Ohio Valley
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

WHO-HOO...I'm in... although, I hope my tanny doesn't have that difficulty again with the 2-3 shift. For some reason, it always develops a real problem with the 2-3 at Nelson... I don't know... must be the elevation... works fine at Beaver... DOH!!!!!!!!

--------------------
"Silver-17"
Smokin' Tire Racing

Gary S. Verified Driver

Region: Steel Cities
Car #: 20
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gary S.     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by nohairracing:
Schultz and Stearns put each other out
[Eek!] [/QB]

Ouch! That hurts.

Alan

Region: cendiv
Car #: 14
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

what weekend is this race?

--------------------
Alan Faitel
3 Time Waterfordhills.com raceway SM Champion
If you Cant Win the Race, then practicing Your Drifting

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Car #: #71
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EBudman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The Harvest is 10/15-16.
The Pumpkin is 10/29-30.

Eric

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

D&D will be there. Deb's racing both days in the SM group and to quote Mike Irwin I'll be "whirling a turd" in the ITA group.

Just back from a week in North Carolina and we brought back a mess of real NC BBQ, imported directly from the McCuller Crossroads Ruritan Club pig pickin. Deb said that during Saturday's lunch she will distribute it based on a point system. If you give her a point-by, you can have a plate. [Big Grin]

Can't wait to race again, it will be over a month since Mid-O

See ya all there.

-Denny [thumbsup]

Alan

Region: cendiv
Car #: 14
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I hate it when life gets in the way of racing.

Iím out, see you guys for Snohio in April.

--------------------
Alan Faitel
3 Time Waterfordhills.com raceway SM Champion
If you Cant Win the Race, then practicing Your Drifting

Veteran Member

After bombing around there Friday in my street car, I'm reminded how enjoyable it is to be on a track with some flow and >1 passing zone (i.e. not Mid O, not Grattan) ... looking forward to it for sure.

--------------------

Veteran Member

Oh yeah ... ENTER EARLY, ENTER OFTEN ... [Smile] .... maybe we can get our own run group!!!

http://www.kryderacing.com/mvrweb/05goldenharvestentrylist.html

http://www.kryderacing.com/misc/05goldenharvest.html

--------------------

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for EBudman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mason Workman in a Spec Miata?! Cool!!! [Smile]

Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

*bump*

Just in case I wasn't clear, Deb and I will be sort-of hosting a SpecMiataville lunch on Saturday. We're bringing Carolina BBQ for sandwiches and probably some weinies to toss on the grill. All SMers and crew are welcome. Most likely after Group 1 race.

-Denny

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

With 1,7,11,17,71,& 77 taken, is Bennett even gonna get a number? [Smile]

hawke Verified Driver

Region: steel cities
Icon 1 posted  Profile for hawke     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Denny:

We'll bring some good PA mountain food to go along with that there fine Carolina BBQ.

Bill/Sherry

Bill, Is opossum in season in Weedville? Them's good eat'n. [Wink]

Bennett's waiting to find out if annual tech is waived or not for SM before entering. [Big Grin]

hawke Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for hawke     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Denny:
I was thinkin more along the lines of Appalachian Mountain oysters sliced up nice and pan fried in some gooood sweet lard.

Now that is finger lickin good!

I will probably bring some of that hot"ELK" sausage everyone likes, if you got room on the grill? and some obligatory beans

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bill, Denny You guys keep it up and I'm goig to feel bad for not being there.
Everyone have fun and I'll see you at the Pumpkin

Charlie

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

Veteran Member

Exactly my thoughts, Eric ... looks like #41 again! (I should have left it on from last time?)

Oh yeah, good point, if Tech is waived I'm outta there ... although it is Gary's turn to tape up my bulkhead [flamed]

--------------------

Veteran Member

Note detour information at www.kryderacing.com, for those that aproach the track from the East ...

--------------------

Veteran Member

Sheeot, I can't even get #41 ...

OK, fine, I'm going to go golf and watch football with Rothers ...

--------------------

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Did someone say Golf? I'll make sure to bring the clubs, JIC [Smile]

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Icon 5 posted  Profile for EBudman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by MBennett:
Note detour information at www.kryderacing.com, for those that aproach the track from the East ...

I come across 80 from the west to Newton Falls & then back to the track from the southeast, but the section of road that they mention looks like it's WEST of the track?! Any better details?

I got on ODOT's website. Rt 305 is closed between Rt 88 and the village of Nelson, at the traffic circle. It's due to a bridge repair project and will be closed to about the middle of November.

This is WEST of the track.

My bright idea, since I'm coming from central Ahia is to take Rt 88 into Garrettsville and pick-up Center Rd. in town. Center St. (Rd.) runs NE out of Garrettsville up to Nelson. At least according to mapquest.com.

[ 10-12-2005, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: d mathias ]

BillH

Icon 1 posted  Profile for BillH     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

MB, I think I am the one who nabbed 41. My number is 11 at home (MARRS series) but I remembered from last year that you are usually 11, so I asked for 41 instead. Sorry. How about 91? I use it sometimes and it is pretty easy to make out of 11 and some tape. I would hate to see you reduced to golf. See you this weekend. Bill Hutchins.

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Bill,

I wouldn't apologize to the guy who urged everyone to enter early & often for beating him to all of his favorite numbers [Smile]

Since Denny's coming from central Ahia (closer to Asia than Ohio), I'm guessing the detour won't affect D&D toooo much.... Hopefully the forecast starts looking better soon [Smile]

Eric

What going on?!? [Eek!] 24 Miatas and 43 cars total entered in Group 1, so far. I can't remember a group that big at NL.

Nelson doesn't get that many cars in the summer when the weather is nice.

Phil Mather Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Insert witty title here...

Car #: 06
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Phil Mather   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Keeping my fingers crossed for our own run group...as long as we're still group 1 [Smile]

--------------------
Phil

Support SpecMiata.com-Buy a CG-Lock!

http://www.TeamMatherMotorsport.com/specmiata

hawke Verified Driver

Hey, Mark why don't you use your considerable influence with Mahoning Valley to split the group and keep us Uno Numero!

Veteran Member

Sorry, Bill, any influence I had was lost once they saw the crowd I was hagning out with in the paddock ... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

We have our own group, 1A
Howard

BillH

Icon 1 posted  Profile for BillH     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi all: I had a great time racing with you folks at Nelson this weekend. Congratulations to Mark on two wins and (most improtant) recovering the treasured No. 11. :-).

Gary, new track record! Very good!

Nelson is looking better all the time. With all the grass trimmed, stuff fixed up and the fall colors it was beautifull. One of my favorite places to race, both for the layout of the course (all tohose fast turns) and the great, friendly goup of SM drivers who make this visitor feel welcome.

Is anyone going back in two weeks for the Pumpkin? I had planned to make this my last race of the season, but am now conidering making one more trip to Ohio.

Bill, SM No. 41 (Grrrr.)

datadude

Icon 1 posted  Profile for datadude     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

All results from both days are posted to Mylaps.com. You can search Neohio and then look for the event, double regional so it will be two separate events.

MiataRacer31 Verified Driver
Racing Junkie

Car #: 31
Icon 1 posted  Profile for MiataRacer31   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm thinking about doin' the Pumpkin, but I need to figure out what Gary did to get so fast first [Smile]

--------------------
Dale
http://users.zoominternet.net/~blacktopracing

Racing Junkie

Icon 1 posted  Profile for MiataRacer31   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Holy crap! I just looked on MyLaps.com and couldn't believe my eyes! It used to be that a time of 1:20.x was good enough to win, but now there are seven guys running between 1:17.x-1:19.x. What the heck have people been doing to their cars? Or was there nitrous in the air that day?

--------------------
Dale

Great weekend!
Yup, everyone seems to have stepped up and gone faster this year.

This one is going to do it for D&D this season. BIG THANKS to Brian Post and his dad Roger for helping to salvage our weekend by loaning us a radiator. Deb had her first big shunt in 4 seasons of racing, going off at the entrance to T12 the first lap of qualifying (cold tires?). The car had mostly cosmetic damage, accept for the crack in the upper tank of the radiator. Deb impressed me by getting back on the horse and running her best time yet at Nelson during Sunday's race, over 2 seconds faster than her July race times.

I was glad to see that Eric B. was OK after his wild ride. And Bill Williams is indeed "Wild Bill", completing Sunday's race after being pulled of the tire wall. Wow!

Always a pleasure to hang with our buds at the track. It's going to be a long winter.

If you need me this winter I'll be at Speed's Indoor Karting in Columbus.

See ya, Denny [thumbsup]

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Denny,

Thanks for the honorable mention & the Carolina BBQ on Saturday. It was awesome [thumbsup]

I've managed to learn a lesson at every race in the last year. This weekend's lessons were that 13# wheels are considerably quicker than 18# wheels, V710s don't like to be flopped on the rim, & 4.5 year old Victoracers SUCK [censored] [fight] [boggled] [banghead]

Hope to see everyone again sooner than later!

Eric

BillH

"Wild Bill" not only completed the SM race after attacking the tire awall, he also ran the ITA race. Was dueling with the 02 car when I drove out. Way to go!

Racing Junkie

Snip <<completing Sunday's race after being pulled of the tire wall. Wow!>>

Ever notice how these kind of comments always go hand-in-hand with racing at Nelsons. When (if) they ever improve their safety barriers, I'll truly be impressed. In the meantime, since Nelson ledges never put up a web site, here is my rendition, which I'll try to keep it fresh: http://nlrc.westpennrx7club.com

--------------------
Dale

Veteran Member

Someone remind me what is safe (or economical w.r.t to car repair) about the guardrails and concrete at Road America, Road Atlanta, Mid Ohio, Watkins Glen, IRP, etc. etc. etc. [Wink]

--------------------

Dale,

Not sure when the last time you were out at Nelson, but they HAVE been working on their barriers. From Oaktree to the Carousel, they have moved the tire wall back about 50 feet. The have regraded the runoff area and are presently restacking the tire walls. Every time I go out there, they have made progress. [thumbsup]

Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: